Youth 9-Ball - World Championships

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went through the players list for this years Youth 9-ball WC starting on monday in Reno. How come Jesse Engel is not on the list? He would beat most of them blindfolded.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Thanks. I don't see Brendan Crockett on the list of American players either. I'm kind of surprised.

hsbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both of these players are here in Reno. Here are the players here representing the U.S.

Jesse Engel
Landon Shuffett
Brendan Crockett
Danny Olson
Billy Thorpe
Liz Lovely
Briana Miller
Jauslin Arnold

Play begins Monday Nov. 29th starting at 11:00am. Players meeting at 9am.

Players from 20 different countries represented.

Coaching Laura Smith and Earl Munson

Brackets should be up at www.wpapoolonline.com and go to www.billiardeducation.org for LIVE streaming links. Please watch these young players represent the U.S. this year!

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Good luck to our future generations :) I really like US's chance with that line up!

S.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Both of these players are here in Reno. Here are the players here representing the U.S.

Jesse Engel
Landon Shuffett
Brendan Crockett
Danny Olson
Billy Thorpe
Liz Lovely
Briana Miller
Jauslin Arnold

Play begins Monday Nov. 29th starting at 11:00am. Players meeting at 9am.

Players from 20 different countries represented.

Coaching Laura Smith and Earl Munson

Brackets should be up at www.wpapoolonline.com and go to www.billiardeducation.org for LIVE streaming links. Please watch these young players represent the U.S. this year!

Thanks, it didn't make sense that those two were not there. The website did not have either of those boys listed - until this morning.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went through the players list for this years Youth 9-ball WC starting on monday in Reno. How come Jesse Engel is not on the list? He would beat most of them blindfolded.

Jesse is a very good player and he is in Reno. As to the blindfolded comment, there are some very good players there, in fact Landon beat Jesse twice in the nationals. Two close matches by two very good players.

ososlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woo-hoo~ Thanks, June.

ps... you have to explain to me the reason you choose 'ososlow' for your handle name, LOL.

S.

Sorry,:sorry: Im not June. She is a friend of mine in Minneapolis. I was posting for her on the WPBA thread. If you really want to know, ososlow refers to my time spent racing cars. :)

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Sorry,:sorry: Im not June. She is a friend of mine in Minneapolis. I was posting for her on the WPBA thread. If you really want to know, ososlow refers to my time spent racing cars. :)

Oh- that explains it. Sorry, I thought you were June :)

I thought you maybe poking fun at 'slow' players or something.

OK, back to the topic - GO USA :thumbup:

S.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Is there a stream today? It is still off line and the 11A matches start in 2 minutes.

EDIT: IT JUST CAME ON!!! They must be running a little late.

EDIT: OFF AGAIN. :confused:

Last edited:

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Engel 9-3 over Ederer. Jesse can bring it!

Manuel Ederer is a very strong player and can easily bounce back to the single elimination. Very strong from Engel.

There are now 4 players in the winner side: Defending champion Chinahov against Engel and another Russian Pruchai against Spanish hope Sanchez. All of these 4 have competed among the adult with success. Going to be a very interesting tournament from now on with a few strong names in the loser bracket as well.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
way to go Jesse

Engel 9-3 over Ederer. Jesse can bring it!

If Jesse keeps his focus it's going to be tough to beat him.

Dan Olson is also playing well.

And of course Landon has been getting it done for a long time.

Wish I was there to watch in person.

Good luck guys and have a great time.

And have fun. Geno.............