Zuckerberg's pool table

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd venture to say it doesn't get much play. These guys just need something to fill up the rooms in their 30,000 s.f. "homes".

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Looks like an 8' table to me. It also looks pretty solid if set up correctly. The pockets are 5+" buckets though. As far as I'm concerned he can spend his money however he wants, with one caveat. I have the utmost respect for people who give back in some way. "To whom much is given, much is expected!"

Zuck is in a postion to do a lot of good for society in general and support many good causes. Look what Bezos ex-wife is doing with billions of dollars she got in her divorce settlement. Giving it all to charity! She is helping literally hundreds of worthwhile causes with the money she is donating. If Zuck and his wife have a similar foundation then he has my respect. If not, he's a bum in my book!
Jay, don't think you know the why of these foundations. Mainly a tax dodge...the money that would go to the IRS is used. That way, the uber rich can give foundation "jobs" to relatives and friends and also direct how the money is spent instead of Congress directing it.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am...of the playing skills of the pros.

The table? Most likely selected by by some interior decorator who has never held a cue.
100% the lights above the “interior decorator” installations are even worse than the tables. It’s sooooo bad they know less about pool than I do interior design and I’m stupid as can be in that world. Maybe 1-30 houses I see the table is somewhat well lit or set up so it’s even a little playable. I look at 20-50 houses a month this past year. I’m in the house biz now, renovate or tear down and new builds.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, don't think you know the why of these foundations. Mainly a tax dodge...the money that would go to the IRS is used. That way, the uber rich can give foundation "jobs" to relatives and friends and also direct how the money is spent instead of Congress directing it.
Perhaps that's why Bezos' ex wife is making her donations independently without the creation of a foundation. Good lady!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That seems a bit of a simplification even to someone as jaded as myself. There's no possible way to give away money and end up with more than if you hadn't. How and when you give it certainly can reduce your tax burden but giving money away is never a net gain.

Yes, there are scams with foundations but it isn't that simple.
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps that's why Bezos' ex wife is making her donations independently without the creation of a foundation. Good lady!
I’ve been hardened and think most people asking for money are degenerates that don’t want to work. I also don’t believe much in many of the medical type charities to send money their way. So I don’t really plan on giving money to charity. What I may do is give it to a pool tour type organization to have a yearly event or something like that.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve been hardened and think most people asking for money are degenerates that don’t want to work. I also don’t believe much in many of the medical type charities to send money their way. So I don’t really plan on giving money to charity. What I may do is give it to a pool tour type organization to have a yearly event or something like that.
Interesting point here. Recently I made small donations to the Wounded Warriors and the Hopi Tribe in Arizona. That's all well and good, but what happened next isn't. They must have given/sold my information to a clearing house for charities and now I'm on every charity's mailing and calling list. I literally get solicited by one or two charities daily to make a donation. It's got to where I recognize the solicitations when I see the envelopes in my mailbox, so I just throw them away without opening them. It does lead me to believe that all of these "wonderful" charities are just businesses who profit from our donations. The due diligence here is to find out how much of your donation actually goes to serving the people who they represent and how much is for "administrative" costs, like salaries etc.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Looks like a feel good look I recycled scrap to make a pool table.
Meanwhile, Amazon creates more trash that any company in the history of mankind.
Sadly, we are almost all are part of it .

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
find an individual in real need and give it directly to them. a little more trouble but 100% goes to what you want instead of between 1% and 70%.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
That seems a bit of a simplification even to someone as jaded as myself. There's no possible way to give away money and end up with more than if you hadn't. How and when you give it certainly can reduce your tax burden but giving money away is never a net gain.

Yes, there are scams with foundations but it isn't that simple.
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Never said it was a gain in wealth for all....but suggest you read up on the Clinton Foundation. For many, it's simply the desire to place money doing the things they want done over trusting the Government to spend it wisely. The money would be gone either way...into the IRS coffers or into a "Foundation".

eg9327

All these low comments about Zuckybug's table. Give my regards to Hillary when she comes knocking at your door.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a feel good look I recycled scrap to make a pool table.
Meanwhile, Amazon creates more trash that any company in the history of mankind.
Sadly, we are almost all are part of it .
There are very few business models that don't create the kind of trash you're accurately referring to.
Legalized gambling might be one that could be cited without invoking the many other meanings of "trash".

Btw, an oldtimer who was a very successful investor once tipped me off to one of the very best basic indicators of the market's health and direction: the sales & revenues of corrugated container manufacturers.

Arnaldo

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this pool table in the OP is a good thing to buy if you need to practice using your new chain saw……..not pool.