SVB wins Rum Runners Tournament in Vegas

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane just won the 19th Annual Andy Mercer Memorial at the Rum Runner in Las Vegas. He double dipped Darren Appleton in two hill-hill sets in the finals.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Do you happen to know any information about the Calcutta?

Not sure if there was a previous post about it or not.

I figure SVB had to go for 1500+

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Congrats shane. didnt you two just win the fast eddies stop? man that boy is everywhere, and winning everything

good job double dipping appleton that aint no easy feat.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Do you happen to know any information about the Calcutta?

Not sure if there was a previous post about it or not.

I figure SVB had to go for 1500+

Shane went for $2,500 and Darren for $2,400, the two highest bids. Pretty good handicapping! I think first in the Calcutta was $6,000+ and second about $4,000.

Shane lost to Danny Petralba earlier today and had to win five matches just to get into the finals. First prize paid $6,000!

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane! I see him being THE top U.S. player for a long time to come.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In your picture Cris, is your other foot on the ground?

Thanks Disco .. When you mentioned the foot I looked aback and noticed that she was shooting a shot. :rolleyes: I was kind distracted :p

Nothing like a beautiful girl shooting pool and doing it well.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane went for $2,500 and Darren for $2,400, the two highest bids. Pretty good handicapping! I think first in the Calcutta was $6,000+ and second about $4,000.

Shane lost to Danny Petralba earlier today and had to win five matches just to get into the finals. First prize paid $6,000!

Thanks Jay
I was thinking SCb at 2k+ but I thought with the economy an all it would drop. With those totals the Calcutta doesnt seem to have lost much.

The RumRunner calcutta reminds me of Port Arthur Tx calcuttas. The were pushing 30k in the 1st one and about 10k+ in the 2nd.

Gotta love Action Jackson down there! I was speaking with him in person and he was on the phone with his father(friend of mine) while the 2nd one was going on. Someone said that Jr Harris was about to be bought at $500 and Action yelled $800 right in the middle of a sentence and kept right on talking to both of us.
One year he had over 8k in the calcutta himself !

Biggz

Unregistered
Silver Member
Good job shane! You are one of my favourite breakers of the game along with busty, archer, and de luna. Btw, can you teach me your breaking technique?? :D. It looks easy but it's not.

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any pros hanging around Vegas for next week, are there any events to see or play in this coming weekend in Vegas? I'll be there!

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member

And people keep saying there is no money in pool. SVB keeps showing them that there is.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

Sounds like one helluva time!!

Shane is a work-a-saurus though. That boy practices more than anyone. If ALL Americans adopted his work ethic, the economy and the National debt would be fixed in a couple of months! LOL.

Ray

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Dynamite !

You are proving yourself against the toughest fields the game has to offer.
It seems you've managed to be in the finals in almost every event you've fired at.
Hill/hill losses are nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure you'll see many more first place finishes coming soon.
(the guys looking for side action on your upcoming challenge match may need to re-evaluate your chances) ;)

Good Luck,

Dick

PS. Also congrats to SVB for a tough fought win. Wish we could have seen how it all played out. (rolls etc.)

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
I was in Vegas last year and was there for the Rum Runners. Lots of fun and lots of good people as well, btw the food is good as well ;)

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
You are proving yourself against the toughest fields the game has to offer.
It seems you've managed to be in the finals in almost every event you've fired at.
Hill/hill losses are nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure you'll see many more first place finishes coming soon.
(the guys looking for side action on your upcoming challenge match may need to re-evaluate your chances) ;)

Good Luck,

Dick

PS. Also congrats to SVB for a tough fought win. Wish we could have seen how it all played out. (rolls etc.)

Hey Dick,that info should not be free,your messing with the action,lets bet it all on Darren,I know a few guys who want to. :grin-square: