Just stumbled on this youtube clip.. what'd JS and larry nevel do?

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Statute of limitations has ran out on that buddy. Schmidt should have taken that game. Now Chris is asking for the 9 ball, but if Schmidt waits a long time, it might go to the 8 ball. Maybe Chris will get better and ask to play even in a few years.

So let me get this straight....that whole list of names is now void ? even tho Chris has been in steady action & is playing the best pool of his life:scratchhead:

billiardspro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are all wrong chris told john he would play him even 10 ball on a bar table...But he wanted the 9 on a big table i think

B-Rod

Always Post First!!!
Silver Member
So let me get this straight....that whole list of names is now void ? even tho Chris has been in steady action & is playing the best pool of his life:scratchhead:

Im with you Troy a little lost he says one thing then says another :confused:

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tend to get the feeling that ur a friend of Bartrums or you just dont like John. Either way he offered to play with the last two now numerious people are calling him on it and not him but your saying that that offer is no longer good? Let Chris make the decision he did offer it.

I cant speak for Chris. What I can do is read the post he made (yesterday) in this thread saying hew would play with the 9 ball. John called Chris out to run 100 balls playing straight pool and gave him a week to do so. John changed his mind. No big deal. Chris offered to play John like that 6 months ago. Shit changes. Anyone remember a kid named Shane Van Boeing about 2 years ago. He played around Chris' speed. 6 months later, he was beating Alex and Orcullo. Abilities change. All I am saying is Chris offered to play this week with the 9 ball, and you guys are trying to hold him to a game he offered to play last year. I am good frineds with Chris, and I like Schmidt too. I just think John was out of line, nothing personal. Schmidt would be one of the few pool players I would stake, for what thats worth.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a few months ago !

You are all wrong chris told john he would play him even 10 ball on a bar table...But he wanted the 9 on a big table i think

that is not what was said a couple months ago...U can go back & look at the list chris made wanting a tar match...nobody is misquoting anybody...i'll go pull up the old thread if you'd like

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I didnt say it was void Troy. I simply said from reading this thread it looks like Chris wants the 9 ball. When Chris wanted to play Schmidt with the last 2, I liked Schmidt. Remember, that list is pretty old. I have a feeling that Bergman, Morra, and Dechaine might eventually play better ( maybe even a lot better) than Chris someday. Should he agree to play them all for life?

B-Rod

Always Post First!!!
Silver Member
Troy he actually said

"Statute of limitations has ran out on that buddy. Schmidt should have taken that game"

I think thats close enough to the word void i might be wrong?

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didnt say it was void Troy. I simply said from reading this thread it looks like Chris wants the 9 ball. When Chris wanted to play Schmidt with the last 2, I liked Schmidt. Remember, that list is pretty old. I have a feeling that Bergman, Morra, and Dechaine might eventually play better ( maybe even a lot better) than Chris someday. Should he agree to play them all for life?

I see your point...you personally know Chris..I don't....I like the way he usually says what he means & mean what he says...people that keep it real always will get my respect...I happen to believe Chris is playing the best pool of his life right now...A few years back I would have let Gary play Chris even...Now I wouldn't...because Gary has put pool on the back burner to pursue poker & what not...So I totally agree with players changing speed...that includes Chris...He has my props cuz I know the people he's been beating lately aren't chumps which means his game went North not south.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
I tend to get the feeling that ur a friend of Bartrums or you just dont like John. Either way he offered to play with the last two now numerious people are calling him on it and not him but your saying that that offer is no longer good? Let Chris make the decision he did offer it.

He is a good, long time friend of Bartrams and has staked Chris way more than anyone else has. He has staked him for $50k a couple of times, 30k, 25k a couple times and several times for 2k-15k. Chips is no wanna-be stakehorse he is the real deal and spent a few years in a poolroom one week, so he knows what the hell he's talking about..... And FWIW, he is the one that staked Schmidt playing Alex 14.1 at the DCC 4-5 years ago and he has offered to stake John since then, so it's not like he is a John hater.

As for Chris wanting the 9ball instead of the last two? I won't speak for Chris as well but here is my view.... Chris and John after a lengthy thread about matching up several months ago agrred to play with the last two. Chris said he would play at Duff's in Kansas City or Shooters in Olathe. Fair offer if you ask me, Chris lives in Columbus, Ohio 600-700 miles from there so it's not like it's his home room. Plus, John has played there before (tournaments, Harriman match, etc.). John would only play in Victorville, CA at his old home room in front of his hometown crowd. Not fair at all! That last two becomes something akin to Chris spotting John the 9ball. Then after that JS beat Kirkwood in a TAR match. Another valid reason for Chris to adjust the spot.

IMO, John is nuts for not accepting the bar table game in Indy in June.... Sure, they run into each other 10 times a year but if they were to play one of those 10 times John would win Chris' money plus a little other. But in Indy John is liable to win 3-4 times as much because there are a dozen or so people in Indy or within a 3 hour drive that will flat ship it on Chris. So John, if you don't like money don't go to Indy.....

B-Rod

Always Post First!!!
Silver Member
Fyi

Well just to make it real clear i know that billychips has staked js . I realize he is sometype of big stakehorse but i dont care. If Chris offered something and John said he will play then whats the prob. Believe me ole Chris is gonna get some play out of ole Schmidty on the bar table. The reason John probably wanted to play in victorville is because that was where his stake was. John is NOT dodging Chris and everyone needs to realize that. Either Chris needs to change his Quote on his profile or DO IT!!!

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
now that im riled up this is what cracks me up.

your gonna make fun of the fact that ive got a car 6500 cash .

well instead of being like the millions of idiots out their who buy 30,000 dollar cars and 400,000 dollar homes .

instead i put 50,000 down on a 115,000 home.
guess what im not in foreclosure and dont need a bailout like some people out their who are actually the root of the economic problem..

they bought way more than they can afford .

so when they go bankrupt and foreclosed on and live in a apartment with 5 guys or maybe go back and live with mommy.

ill be right here driving my accord that i have the title too and living in my house thats halfway paid for.with my 500 dollar mortgage.

i like the people who buy half million dollar homes put nothing down and have 3200 a month mortgage making fun of me.lol

just to irratate some of the haters out their.

i also have no child support ,credit card payments and have 90 something thousand in the bank. along with 10,000 in dirtbikes, the 6500 car and 50,000 in the house.

lets see that means ive saved 150,000 have no debt all from playing pool.

that isnt much i know but for just playing pool its not bad.

my point is this pool is a business to me not entertainment.

see the nice thing is i can drive a used accord because even though i could buy a more expensive one i know i cant get carried away.

maybe that makes me a schmuck and im just not as cool as you guys on here lol.take care im going to ride my dirtbikes that i owe nothing on .

OK I'll bite
How did you make so much playing pool? I mean I keep hearing no one can make a living at pool. So what's the secret other than playing good?

Not knocking you just curious.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Well just to make it real clear i know that billychips has staked js . I realize he is sometype of big stakehorse but i dont care. If Chris offered something and John said he will play then whats the prob. Believe me ole Chris is gonna get some play out of ole Schmidty on the bar table. The reason John probably wanted to play in victorville is because that was where his stake was. John is NOT dodging Chris and everyone needs to realize that. Either Chris needs to change his Quote on his profile or DO IT!!!

Chris doesn't need to change shit on his profile...... Chris' track record speaks for itself, his action has slowed down the past few years but he is still in the box more than anyone else out there. Funny, but everyone else Chris matches up with it's pretty easy going and it doesn't take much effort to get a game down. Why isn't it like that with John? And that's not just a john/Chris issue, it's a John/Anyone issue. Your boy is the issue not ours.....

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats easy

OK I'll bite
How did you make so much playing pool? I mean I keep hearing no one can make a living at pool. So what's the secret other than playing good?

Not knocking you just curious.

basically win tourneys,save money from getting staked.
dont spend money on cards,craps,drugs,alchohol.

treat backers,players sponsors fans right.
buy a house i can afford a car i can afford.etc.

basically thats about it. also the fact that ive gambled and beat 100s of good to great players in money matches along with tourney wins.ive even paid taxes on it.

.anyway i should have never said anything about money because in the overall scheme of things what i have is nothing compared to others.

believe me though to do it legit by only playing pool and saving up what i have is like a car salesman saving 5 million.

B-Rod

Always Post First!!!
Silver Member
Chris doesn't need to change shit on his profile...... Chris' track record speaks for itself, his action has slowed down the past few years but he is still in the box more than anyone else out there. Funny, but everyone else Chris matches up with it's pretty easy going and it doesn't take much effort to get a game down. Why isn't it like that with John? And that's not just a john/Chris issue, it's a John/Anyone issue. Your boy is the issue not ours.....

First off he aint giving the nuts to John. It sounds like a tough game for both. And second i dont know why your more mad about this than anyone. Me along with a few others on this post would just love to see the action.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey saw

chris and i will play no biggie.
im leaving for a trip and wont be on here for a month.its been great you guys have fun arguing and im going to go track down chris in person and get this lined up.take care

JXMIKE

Aspiring Pro player
Silver Member
Why dont you all play 7ball even on a 12 foot snooker table in djibouti africa.

Dont matter how the game is john will win.IMHO

Last edited:

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I obviously cant read because I havent saw anywhere on this thread where anybody, let alone Chris, said John is ducking Bartram. If my reading is right, I actually saw Chris say he cant beat Schmidt. I am not sure why everyone is snapping like Chris is the one being disrespectful. All of this is good entertainment, thats it. However, just because Chris offered to play a game last year and now asked for a little more weight, doesnt make him a coward ot a bad guy. Ill say it again, Schmidt should have got up when Chris tried to play with the last 2.

billychips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see your point...you personally know Chris..I don't....I like the way he usually says what he means & mean what he says...people that keep it real always will get my respect...I happen to believe Chris is playing the best pool of his life right now...A few years back I would have let Gary play Chris even...Now I wouldn't...because Gary has put pool on the back burner to pursue poker & what not...So I totally agree with players changing speed...that includes Chris...He has my props cuz I know the people he's been beating lately aren't chumps which means his game went North not south.

Gary used to turn down weight from Chris, but a good friend of Garys would always say that Gary would beat Chris. Believe me, the money was up on Chris' side. I like Gary. Tell him Ray from Ohio said hi. If he starts playing again (Im sure he is) we should get them in the box doing something. It would be a good matchup and on the square. I am sure both sides can win something.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gary used to turn down weight from Chris, but a good friend of Garys would always say that Gary would beat Chris. Believe me, the money was up on Chris' side. I like Gary. Tell him Ray from Ohio said hi. If he starts playing again (Im sure he is) we should get them in the box doing something. It would be a good matchup and on the square. I am sure both sides can win something.

Chris & I pm'd each other about playing a 8ball match next month...I wish Gary would take it serious like a few years back when he won the mobile tourney & a few other big bar table events...He was on the wagon back then & putting in the table time to make the improvements...only reason I'm putting money against Chris in that 1 is I'm hoping that Gary can win a few games on stategy & not have to outstroke Chris...If it was all on stroke...my money would be on Chris..will tell him u said hi.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
chris and i will play no biggie.
im leaving for a trip and wont be on here for a month.its been great you guys have fun arguing and im going to go track down chris in person and get this lined up.take care

Good luck in Vegas John! Be safe..... You and I would have a lot more fun talking dirt bikes... LOL