Cash Cue: Traditional 4 Ebony points

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a Cash Cue I received a couple of months ago that for the first time I had a chance with time and weather to take some pictures of a cue.

The cue design belongs to the a Classical Design that was the inspiration of a Traditional Cue with 4 Ebony points and a Birds Eye Maple Forearm.
The Blank is actually a John Davis Double Splice blank with black, orange, green, natural veneers.
There are Ivory Spear Head Inlays in each point.
Very special inlayed ring above wrap (it is an Ebony ring with 8 Ivory squares).
Ebony butt sleeve with 8 Ivory dashes at the top and bottom of the butt sleeve.
Opposing Ivory spears with two Ivory diamonds centered between the spears.
Ivory 1 1/4" butt cap and Ivory 3/4" 5/16x14 piloted joint.
Black linen collars with Ebony ring, Ivory dashes and the shafts include Ivory ferrules.

For my review of the cue, please follow this link:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=1980559#post1980559

So now, let the pictures do all the talking...

Whole Cue with both Shafts....
Cash_1251.jpg

Cash_1252.jpg

And now for the 5/16-14 Piloted Joint....
Cash_1256.jpg

Cash_1259.jpg

Cash_1266.jpg

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forearm with one of my favorite veneer patterns (Black, Orange, Green and Maple)...

Cash_1269.jpg

Being that I am a Butt Lover, here are some additional pictures to view...

Cash_1272.jpg

Cash_1274.jpg

Cash_1275.jpg

Cash_1276.jpg

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Elephant Ear Wrap and the seam is nice and tight...

Cash_1282.jpg

Cash_1283.jpg

Cash_1284.jpg

Original Image from Tommy prior to Wrap Being put on and it does show the original splice as delivered by John Davis...

DSC00871.jpg

The ring above the wrap is actually an inlay and also showing off the inlay in the points.

Cash_1285.jpg

Cash_1292.jpg

Cash_1293.jpg

Cash_1294.jpg

Last edited:

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOVE THAT CUE

Should also play very well ... doesnt it ???

Hope you are well Myron
Berny

Berny

I will do a complete write up on this cue in the next day or two.
I will say that this cue is a great player and is an exceptional value for the price the guys asked for this cue.

Myron

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
congratulations

Myron,

This is a magnificent cue! I really like the photo-presentation, it really does show many things in detail and that's just great.

I really like the Davis blank, actually, this might be the nicest one I have seen so far and with the second V-splice hidden under the wrap it should balance very well, I assume.

I am a fan of these classic designs and this is a perfect example, although I like the change of some of the dimensions - little longer butt cap and a bit shorter joint - and the silver ring above the butt cap is a very nice touch too.

I really don't want to sound rude but may I ask what an approximate price is for such a cue?

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Myron,

The pics are doing a lot of talking.....I absolutely LOVE this cue. The 'wild bunch' over in Jackson did a fantastic job creating this timeless looking beauty. Enjoy !!

Sean

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome looking cue, very nice ring work and the joint itself is a piece of art. Thanks for sharing.

-don

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Myron, this is just a beautiful cue! Thanks for sharing
Always a pleasure to share gems with all my friends on the forum.

Myron
Thats a beauty of a cue sir. Congrats to ya.
Jeff
Thanks and I am sure that Tommy and Jess appreciate all the kind words.

Myron,
This is a magnificent cue! I really like the photo-presentation, it really does show many things in detail and that's just great.
I really like the Davis blank, actually, this might be the nicest one I have seen so far and with the second V-splice hidden under the wrap it should balance very well, I assume.
I am a fan of these classic designs and this is a perfect example, although I like the change of some of the dimensions - little longer butt cap and a bit shorter joint - and the silver ring above the butt cap is a very nice touch too.
The photo presentation took time but it was a lot of fun once I made the time to sit down and do it.
The Davis blank is a good selection if you really want a nice balance and a nice hit out of cue.

Myron,
The pics are doing a lot of talking.....I absolutely LOVE this cue. The 'wild bunch' over in Jackson did a fantastic job creating this timeless looking beauty. Enjoy !!
Sean
Coming from an avid collector as yourself, it is truly a timeless piece.
The Wild Bunch - I Like That!

Awesome looking cue, very nice ring work and the joint itself is a piece of art. Thanks for sharing.
-don
The ring work is something special in this cue and the joint is impressive as well.
Thank You!

In case you missed it, I did complete a review of the cue.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This cue has so much to it...Classic colors, materials, designs. John Davis double splice - ala Burton Spain. The butt design is totally classic McDaniel.
What a fantastic cue! Congrat's & enjoy!

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Always a pleasure to share gems with all my friends on the forum.

Thanks and I am sure that Tommy and Jess appreciate all the kind words.

The photo presentation took time but it was a lot of fun once I made the time to sit down and do it.
The Davis blank is a good selection if you really want a nice balance and a nice hit out of cue.

Coming from an avid collector as yourself, it is truly a timeless piece.
The Wild Bunch - I Like That!

The ring work is something special in this cue and the joint is impressive as well.
Thank You!

In case you missed it, I did complete a review of the cue.

Myron,
Glad you are enjoying the cue. It was a pleasure working with you and your pictures are fantastic. Thanks for a great, in-depth and informative review too. The Wild Bunch

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
The cue looks great and I love the sharp pointed inlays. The veneer colors are one of my all time favorites......

James