Donny Mills, Mosconi Cup bound?

pinkbunnyDonny

Furry and furious
Given his performance at the US Open 9 ball, I'm thinking maybe "fair deal Don" has a shot at the Mosconi. When was the last time a non-pro went to the Mosconi?
P.S. Shane needs to prep for a beat-down in the upcoming match.

"Pink bunnies may be lovable, but they are fearsome." :wink:

tbone1213

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was there ever a "non-pro" on the Mosconi team?
After watching him play for the last couple months, I agree he would be a good addition, but will he be selected, or do we need to campaign to have him voted in?

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it will depend on Matchrooms pick. Right now we have

Oscar, Corey, and Archer.

If Matchroom picks Earl, then Shane will win the vote for sure.

If Matchroom pick Shane, Donny has a good chance.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis Hatch and SVB should be the last 2 picks. That would be one hell of a team. Plus Dennis can be the muscle on the team if Europe gets alittle out of hand hehe :grin:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Dennis Hatch and SVB should be the last 2 picks. That would be one hell of a team. Plus Dennis can be the muscle on the team if Europe gets alittle out of hand hehe :grin:

I like your picks to round out team USA.. I don't think Mills flies so that would make for a long haul.. It's in Vegas, I was thinking overseas hence the edited post.

Last edited:

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Given his performance at the US Open 9 ball, I'm thinking maybe "fair deal Don" has a shot at the Mosconi. When was the last time a non-pro went to the Mosconi?

Since the winner of the US Open has traditionally been picked for the US team, (ala Gabe Owen, Jeremy Jones, etc.), it makes sense that the highest finishing American should get the nod.

I don't know if the Shane/Donny match will actually happen, but if it does, Shane definitely has his hands full....

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since the winner of the US Open has traditionally been picked for the US team, (ala Gabe Owen, Jeremy Jones, etc.), it makes sense that the highest finishing American should get the nod.

I don't know if the Shane/Donny match will actually happen, but if it does, Shane definitely has his hands full....

It's happening-check the TAR site.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All kinds of posts floating around here about Donny being on the Mosconi Cup team. I'm all for it since he was the highest finishing american player at the US Open. The one thing I think most are forgetting is that Donny doesn't fly. I've never seen Donny in Vegas, and I've never seen Donny at the Derby City Classic which is another place many people are talking about seeing Donny at this coming winter.

The question I have is if Donny were picked to be on the team, would he accept the invitation and drive out to Vegas?

People are expecting to see Donny here and there and everywhere all of the sudden and I think they're going to be disappointed. Donny's performance last week might've changed the minds of a few people about his game but I don't think his performance changed him (I could be mistaken).

I would expect Donny to carry on as he always has which is play the US Open and regional events in Florida.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The question I have is if Donny were picked to be on the team, would he accept the invitation and drive out to Vegas?

People are expecting to see Donny here and there and everywhere all of the sudden and I think they're going to be disappointed.

Even before the U.S. Open this year, I've heard Donnie talk about wanting to someday make the Mosconi Cup team. He even joked about how much it would suck if the one year he makes it happens to be a year that the event is in Europe.

I spoke to him after this year's U.S. Open and I can assure you he would love to have a spot and would not turn it down.

If Shane is the promoters pick I definitely think Donnie, being the highest finishing American at the U.S. Open, should get it.

UrackmIcrackm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even before the U.S. Open this year, I've heard Donnie talk about wanting to someday make the Mosconi Cup team. He even joked about how much it would suck if the one year he makes it happens to be a year that the event is in Europe.

I spoke to him after this year's U.S. Open and I can assure you he would love to have a spot and would not turn it down.

If Shane is the promoters pick I definitely think Donnie, being the highest finishing American at the U.S. Open, should get it.

I'm glad to know that he would accept the invitation and drive out to Vegas. Knowing that, I'll jump to the front of the line and cast my vote for Donny. He definitely made the Open more enjoyable for me this year.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im tired of Earls antics.

Nothing against the others mentioned but I think a "new" blood would make it more exciting.

I like Gabe, Cory, Dennis, but they have had some time. Id like to see this honor rotated around to include the highest finisher at the Open.

It would have to be a great thrill and honor for Donnie.

Ken

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Im sure if he got picked, he would make the drive... though that would take like 3-4 days. He is surely a better pick than Earl. Dennis Hatch would also be a better pick.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Do tell!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 1st post. But I gotta ask... I went to your profile page and found

About pinkbunnyDonny
Biography: Donny Mills
Interests: Pool

You've befriended Donny, so are you Donny? Please say you're a girl that's ... ummm ... "friendly" to Donny and you're not big Donny! :eek:

tbone1213

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 1st post. But I gotta ask... I went to your profile page and found

About pinkbunnyDonny

You've befriended Donny, so are you Donny? Please say you're a girl that's ... ummm ... "friendly" to Donny and you're not big Donny! :eek:

I'd be surprised if it isn't Donny.
The "fair deal Don" line kind of gave it away, no?
And if it is, SO WHAT?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I'd be surprised if it isn't Donny.
The "fair deal Don" line kind of gave it away, no?
And if it is, SO WHAT?

So what? Donny is a big burly dude, him parading around as a pink bunny just kinda puts a dent in that larger than life, biggest best US Open surprise personna!

But seriously, it's all good, I'm just messin' and I think Donny would know that from me. If it's Donny parading as the pink bunny, I'm sure he was expecting some good natured ribbing!

pinkbunnyDonny

Furry and furious
Nope, I'm not Donny, but I know him...

About pinkbunnyDonny

I wish to remain quasi-anonymous but yes I am a girl and yes I know Donny. :wink: Also, I hear that he would fly if he got invited to the Mosconi. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member

About pinkbunnyDonny

I don't know KK9L....I kinda like that pink bunny avatar. If I was to EVER change my avatar pick, I would most likely go with the pink bunny. In fact, I am mulling getting a pink bunny tattoo on my bicep.

I know you think I'm joking, but I'm serious about this. I think that little bunny dude is "da bomb!"

PS-Donnie does deserve a Mosconi Cup slot on team America.