NOT for sale cue's

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I have not scanned the cue gallery lately but got to thinking about all the cue's that people have that they would not sell under normal circumstance's. Everyone has heard the phrase " everything is for sale or anything can be bought " but what I am talking about are the cue's or cue that it would take a lot to buy. Im mainly referring to the one's that are for example $1000 new and the owner would not sell for more than the new price. This is all with in reason and it could be because of playability, centimental value, look's etc... I personally know a few people that would not sell their playing cue because of its playability. I have had over 200 cue's (mostly for a short time, buying and selling) and in the past ten years have played with about a dozen different one's. I would say about half of those were really good playing cue's but that is my opinion and other's might not have liked them. Just to name a couple were a 90's ivory jointed Paul Mottey, an early 70's Joss, an old plain jane Tascarella, Bob Manzino, an all bem Southwest, Tim Scruggs sneaky pete and my current playing cue which is a Rick Howard. I had this cue made about a year and a half ago and it is probably one of the better one's I have had. It's not fancy, just a wrapless 6 point and could use a refinish but since I have no intention on getting rid of it, I see no point at this time.

Attachments

• WRAPLESS HOWARD 004.jpg
    WRAPLESS HOWARD 004.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 3,044

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Art Cantando

Art built a tuxedo box cue to my original design. (bottom cue) He made it with pride. I was offered $4400 more than I paid by a collector before Art passed. I can't imagine owning a cue "collection" and not having this cue as its centerpiece. It is more than a cue to me.

OmenCantandoWhitten.jpg

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay buddy

I have not scanned the cue gallery lately but got to thinking about all the cue's that people have that they would not sell under normal circumstance's. Everyone has heard the phrase " everything is for sale or anything can be bought " but what I am talking about are the cue's or cue that it would take a lot to buy. Im mainly referring to the one's that are for example $1000 new and the owner would not sell for more than the new price. This is all with in reason and it could be because of playability, centimental value, look's etc... I personally know a few people that would not sell their playing cue because of its playability. I have had over 200 cue's (mostly for a short time, buying and selling) and in the past ten years have played with about a dozen different one's. I would say about half of those were really good playing cue's but that is my opinion and other's might not have liked them. Just to name a couple were a 90's ivory jointed Paul Mottey, an early 70's Joss, an old plain jane Tascarella, Bob Manzino, an all bem Southwest, Tim Scruggs sneaky pete and my current playing cue which is a Rick Howard. I had this cue made about a year and a half ago and it is probably one of the better one's I have had. It's not fancy, just a wrapless 6 point and could use a refinish but since I have no intention on getting rid of it, I see no point at this time.

Play with one cue and get used to it and never sell it! This cue is a good one to get used to and never sell!
Nick :)

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I hit with this Bill Schick among a group of cues Ken Carfagno was offering for sale. It was fantastic. I saved 2 years and bought it.

A short time later, a dealer offered me 2K more than I paid and foolishly, I sold the cue. It took 4 years before I got the opportunity to buy it back again. It was the best hitting cue...perfect for me anyway.

Ironically, it was little Kenny, again, who bought the cue on a trade deal and sold it to me for almost no profit. I've learned my lesson and will hold on to this special cue. If it wasn't for him, I couldn't have acquired it.

Kenny at Fourkingscues is a great guy. He knew I was heartbroken over that cue and he helped me out. That alone makes it a keeper, but great playability doesn't hurt either:grin:

MVC-003F-2.jpg

fourkingscues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My forever player

Hey Azer,s
,,Best playing cue(Bill Schick) here i ever owned and i owned alot,,

BR
Ken

Attachments

• Picture 627.jpg
    Picture 627.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,971
Last edited:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
All the rest are gone (save the old Helmstetter, which the ol' man plays with, and it's a little 'wonky')...and I am so friggin' broke, I can't afford to pay attention...but this one I still have. Might well be the only cue I can own for a while...and I can live with that. :yeah:

josey1-2.jpg

Lisa

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
This is mine. I've had other Josey cues and they all hit great but this one I'm hanging on to. I posted it up for sale a while ago just to see what the market brings but this will stay with me for a while. I'm looking for an extra shaft for it if anyone has one. Figured I would try here before contacting Keith.

Attachments

• josey 1.jpg
    josey 1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2,831
  • josey 2.jpg
    josey 2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,778
  • josey 5.jpg
    josey 5.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,774
  • josey 4.jpg
    josey 4.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,765

Piercyexclusive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Art built a tuxedo box cue to my original design. (bottom cue) He made it with pride. I was offered $4400 more than I paid by a collector before Art passed. I can't imagine owning a cue "collection" and not having this cue as its centerpiece. It is more than a cue to me.

OmenCantandoWhitten.jpg

This is once nice looking cue!!! I hope one day I would have the time to make one for myself.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Virtually all of the cues I have were built for me by the maker, so they would never be for sale, short of a catastrophe. Given that, these three are probably at the top of the "never sell list". Ironically, two of them, the Gus and Hercek, were not built for me. But they were tweaked for me. The JMW is a design that Jim and I worked on together.

Scott

Attachments

• 100_5074s.jpg
    100_5074s.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,760
  • IMG_0274s.jpg
    IMG_0274s.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,711
  • white S full 2s.JPG
    white S full 2s.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,676
  • white S full 1s.JPG
    white S full 1s.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,695

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These two also hold a special place for me, because the cue makers agreed to work with forearm blanks that I built. That was putting a lot of trust in me and I really appreciate it. Mike Webb and Barry Cameron completed the cues.

Scott

Attachments

• 100_4393s.JPG
    100_4393s.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,701
  • 100_4395s.jpg
    100_4395s.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,837
  • cameron full 1s.JPG
    cameron full 1s.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,689

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
The JMW is a design that Jim and I worked on together.

Scott[/QUOTE]

That White is stunning,one of my favorite cues of all time,you are a lucky person!

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heres my baby..............

This one is my keeper. I'm not saying I wouldnt sell under any circumstances,
but my kids would pretty much have to be hungry.:grin:

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Schon Unique

It would be very hard to lever let my Unique go...I'm pretty sure this is my keeper!:wink: I know the picture sure helps..I'd like to again thank my friend Mike Fieldhammer aka "The Billiard Coach" for taking the piture!

Attachments

• my cues 002.jpg
    my cues 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,276
Last edited:

somms69

escape artist
Silver Member
Virtually all of the cues I have were built for me by the maker, so they would never be for sale, short of a catastrophe. Given that, these three are probably at the top of the "never sell list". Ironically, two of them, the Gus and Hercek, were not built for me. But they were tweaked for me. The JMW is a design that Jim and I worked on together.

Scott
Reading this makes me sad :sorry: Out of all the cues shown on this forum, your Hercek is the cue I secretly covet the most. :smile:

todd <~~~cue envious