Design Your Dream

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
I like barbells

This cue would look like a dream with a black and white specked Irish linen wrap, or solid black. Rosewood, Stained Maple, or Purple Heart butt piece and forearm and Ebony windows in the butt piece and points. Maple, MOP or Ivory Barbells. Six windows high and low in the butt piece, and six points high and low in the forearm. 19oz. 13mm shafts. The trim rings in last pick will replace the ones in the sketches. They will be silver,ebony, ivory, and silver. Have fun all.:thumbup: Rod.

Butt Piece.
ContestCueButtPiece.jpg

ButtPieceSolidImage.jpg

Forearm.
ForearmContest.jpg

ForearmContestSolid.jpg

Trim Ring
ContestTrimRings-1.jpg

Last edited:

sileighty_guru

5A Grade Wood Pecker
Silver Member
Hey Bill, I was just wondering if I posted my design on the right posting? I posted the picture on the main forum board? I believe it was on page ten?
Thanks, Aaron

exvoto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill,

Heres my design, thanks for such a generous contest. Its been really fun drawing up a dream cue!

Cheers,
Wayne

Forearm:

Ebony forearm with 8 points.
4 points up
4 vaneers black,seafoam,light seafoam, and white seafoam with ivory points and ebony inlays.
4 points down
4 vaneers black,seafoam, light seafoam,white seafoam and ivory points with no inlay.
Below the points I have over sized double rings separated by an ivory ring.
the double rings are silver with matching ebony,ivory and vanners.

Handle (wrapless):

Ebony handle with ivory dots and dashes (top and bottom of handle)
With 4 sets of over sized ivory dots with 5 vaneers running in between them. white seafoam,light seafoam, seafoam, light seafoam and white seafoam.

Butt:

Below the handle I have over sized double rings separated by an ivory ring.
Ebony butt with two rows of Ivory dots and dashes (one on top and one on the bottom)
4 total ivory windows inlayed with ebony, with 4 vanners black,seafoam,light seafoam and white seafoam.
Below the ivory dots and dashes I have an Ivory Hoppe ring with a black delrin buttcap and brown bumper.

Attachments

• cue butt and forearm011 - Copy.jpg
    cue butt and forearm011 - Copy.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 974
  • handle2012 - Copy.jpg
    handle2012 - Copy.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 972

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Bill,

Heres my design, thanks for such a generous contest. Its been really fun drawing up a dream cue!

Cheers,
Wayne

Forearm:

Ebony forearm with 8 points.
4 points up
4 vaneers black,seafoam,light seafoam, and white seafoam with ivory points and ebony inlays.
4 points down
4 vaneers black,seafoam, light seafoam,white seafoam and ivory points with no inlay.
Below the points I have over sized double rings separated by an ivory ring.

Handle (wrapless):

Ebony handle with ivory dots and dashes (top and bottom of handle)
With 4 sets of over sized ivory dots with 5 vaneers running in between them. white seafoam,light seafoam, seafoam, light seafoam and white seafoam.

Butt:

Below the handle I have over sized double rings separated by an ivory ring.
Ebony butt with two rows of Ivory dots and dashes (one on top and one on the bottom)
4 total ivory windows inlayed with ebony, with 4 vanners black,seafoam,light seafoam and white seafoam.
Below the ivory dots and dashes I have an Ivory Hoppe ring with a black delrin buttcap and brown bumper.

Wayne,

I'd love to see this concept come to life.

Awesome drawing and sketch. This cue deserves a consideration no doubt.

Way to think outside of the box!

Good luck to you!

Kevin

t_pierce

JMAC
Silver Member
Ok Bill here is my design.

My stick will have a spalted maple forearm and spalted maple buttsleeve. It will have a black and white ebony handle. It will have a elkhorn buttcap and a elkhorn joint, and it will also have elkhorn rings to seperate the buttsleeve from the handle and also a elkhorn ring to seperate the handle and forearm. Thanks a lot for the thread and i really hope i win this dream cue.

Jeremy Middleton

bstroud

Deceased
Ok Bill here is my design.

My stick will have a spalted maple forearm and spalted maple buttsleeve. It will have a black and white ebony handle. It will have a elkhorn buttcap and a elkhorn joint, and it will also have elkhorn rings to seperate the buttsleeve from the handle and also a elkhorn ring to seperate the handle and forearm. Thanks a lot for the thread and i really hope i win this dream cue.

Jeremy Middleton

Jeremy,

I need some kind of sketch for it to be a valid entry.

Remember the contest ends Nov. 5, 2010.

Bill Stroud

rheester

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
spring

when i think about the upcoming birth of my second child, i can't help but reflect back on my life.

not to the same extent as yourself, but i have moved a fair amount and with each new city, i felt invigorated with life. the feeling of starting fresh and recreating myself.

each year, we patiently wait for the snow to melt and for the spring to come, because this represents a new year and thus a new beginning in our lives, where we can turn the pages of the past year and start fresh.

this design tries to represent the spirit of you, myself and every other person who has experienced the feeling of starting over again.....the spring of a new year.

as you might be able to tell is that it's a "six point" cue. what i was thinking was that the forearm would be ebony or any other monotone wood, inlay would be silver and the base of the forearm would be amboyna burl, to give the sense of soil. the butt would be amboyna with silver inlays.

of course, i give you creative license to alter things as you see fit

thank you very much for the opportunity.

jason

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 744
  • IMAG0273.jpg
    IMAG0273.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 742

bstroud

Deceased
when i think about the upcoming birth of my second child, i can't help but reflect back on my life.

not to the same extent as yourself, but i have moved a fair amount and with each new city, i felt invigorated with life. the feeling of starting fresh and recreating myself.

each year, we patiently wait for the snow to melt and for the spring to come, because this represents a new year and thus a new beginning in our lives, where we can turn the pages of the past year and start fresh.

this design tries to represent the spirit of you, myself and every other person who has experienced the feeling of starting over again.....the spring of a new year.

as you might be able to tell is that it's a "six point" cue. what i was thinking was that the forearm would be ebony or any other monotone wood, inlay would be silver and the base of the forearm would be amboyna burl, to give the sense of soil. the butt would be amboyna with silver inlays.

of course, i give you creative license to alter things as you see fit

thank you very much for the opportunity.

jason

Jason,

Nice concept. Would look good in ivory or silver in ebony. The amboyna is a nice touch.

Bill

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of you have showcased great talent in your renderings/drawings. I would love some assistance with a couple ideas I have. If one of you are interested in helping me, please send me a PM.

jenduane

jenduane
my dream cue

Hello Bill thank you for the generous offer here is my dream cue

Musashi Sword Saint Cue.

Miamoto Musashi was born in 1584. He was greatest swordsman who ever lived.He is considerd a sword saint by many.In his life he has won more then 60 duals and participated in six battles.He was never defeated.At the age of 57 he retired to MT. Iwato,were he wrote the Book Of Five Rings.Setting down in writings the principles of fighting and strategy and his way of life.I have often thought of Pool as a Kin to adual between to warriors but instead of swords are weapon of choice is our cue Each cue is unique and has a life of its own.Is there not a more elegent comparrison then a cue stick forged by a Master Legendary Cue Smith in the likeness of a Samurai Sword.

To the best of my knowledge this concept has never bin done before
It Is Time..
Please accept my entry into your contest
Best regards
Duane

Attachments

• 100_7602.jpg
    100_7602.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 687
  • 100_7603.jpg
    100_7603.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 683
  • 100_7604.jpg
    100_7604.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 727
  • 100_7605.jpg
    100_7605.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 760
  • 100_7610.jpg
    100_7610.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 705

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice Design Jenduane

I like the idea of a swordlike look on a pool cue. If anyone could execute this style cue it would be Mr. Stroud. The points look difficult but I think that is the idea of the contest, to be original and challenging. Hope you are in the finals.

bstroud

Deceased
Hello Bill thank you for the generous offer here is my dream cue

Musashi Sword Saint Cue.

Miamoto Musashi was born in 1584. He was greatest swordsman who ever lived.He is considerd a sword saint by many.In his life he has won more then 60 duals and participated in six battles.He was never defeated.At the age of 57 he retired to MT. Iwato,were he wrote the Book Of Five Rings.Setting down in writings the principles of fighting and strategy and his way of life.I have often thought of Pool as a Kin to adual between to warriors but instead of swords are weapon of choice is our cue Each cue is unique and has a life of its own.Is there not a more elegent comparrison then a cue stick forged by a Master Legendary Cue Smith in the likeness of a Samurai Sword.

To the best of my knowledge this concept has never bin done before
It Is Time..
Please accept my entry into your contest
Best regards
Duane

Duane,

Very well thought out design. If it is chosen I will need to read the book about his life.

Bill Stroud

jenduane

jenduane
book of 5 rings

thank you for the kind words about my design Mr. Stroud the book is a must read wether I am chosen or not, if you like I could send you a copy

thanks Duane

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member
just wanted to ask a question...

is this contest going to be about your "dream design" or is this contest about original designs?

from my understanding in the beginning of the contest it was about your dream design that means weight, aesthetics, whatever you always dreamed of owning in a cue. i know a few people who love the 4 point 4 veneer style and consider that to be there dream cue style, but after reading both threads it seems a cue like that has a hard time being in the top 5...

love everything i have seen so far!

bstroud

Deceased
just wanted to ask a question...

is this contest going to be about your "dream design" or is this contest about original designs?

from my understanding in the beginning of the contest it was about your dream design that means weight, aesthetics, whatever you always dreamed of owning in a cue. i know a few people who love the 4 point 4 veneer style and consider that to be there dream cue style, but after reading both threads it seems a cue like that has a hard time being in the top 5...

love everything i have seen so far!

Actually not. Several of the more traditional designs I have seen are terrific.
Remember it is the people that have submitted a design that will determine the eventual winner.

Bill Stroud

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Anyone wish to offer up an opinion about which of these two cue designs you like better?

Both the atom and ankh symbols have personal meaning for me.

2namgl0.jpg
.... or ....

jenduane

jenduane
dream cue design

I like the one on the right somthing about the blue and the silver ankh verry cool
I also like the unique points on the black and silver cue reminds me of a flower
good luck in the contest

Duane

Last edited:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Thanks for the input! I love the veneered blue patterns I've seen in pictures of real cues but I think I'll stick to my original design on the left.