TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's "ever"...not "even"...two completely different words...and meanings...but as smart as YOU are...you probably already knew that...right?

Get a life and leave this thread alone. Let this thread go back to people being grateful to Justin and TAR for bringing us such a great match-up. Not hatin' just sayin.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Diamond no more has the "table mechanic's" for this kind of set up on the pockets than "Brunswick" does. Changing the corner pockets to 4 1/8" has nothing to do with the Diamond factory....or Diamond table mechanic's...that's an after production change...NOT done by the factory. They build the ProAms to a certain spec...4 1/2" ProCut pockets...they don't build custom sizes of pockets...so, yes...I know what Diamond can do...and what they can't...or won't do. So...I don't think "faith" has anything to do with it....but I do believe and have "faith" in the fact that Diamond builds the "best" factory built "PRO" table in the world.

Call up ANY table manufacture and ask them if they'll build you a pool table with 4 1/8" corner pockets...then get back to me and let me know which ones you found that'll do that;)

I just called King Browns in Xiamen China and they said that they will make pool tables with any size pockets the customer desires. They install about 20ish tables a day and regularly do 4.125 and 4" pockets for the "pro" tables in the pool rooms they outfit.

Regarding the thread and this table non-issue; The poster says TAR21. TAR has successfully produced 20 previous PPV dream matchups. They have done this with Diamond for most of them and with no table "issues" to really speak of. The ONLY time that there was a table issue was with a 10foot OLD table and at the end of the day both players agreed to play on it and were satisfied with it.

There is really no need for you to insinuate that if TAR doesn't use you, someone you trained, or the rails you did that the table won't play right. No need for you to do that AT ALL.

We get it that you are a perfectionist when it comes to table engineering. I can totally respect that as I am the same way when it comes to case engineering. But guess what? I have come to realize that a case doesn't have to be made just like I think it should be made for the user to enjoy it. And tables don't have to be set up with your degree of perfection for players to enjoy playing on them. TAR has earned the right not to be questioned about how their tables are set up. If the players aren't happy with the table I am certain that TAR will take care of it until the players are fine with it.

You are the best table mechanic in the USA and probably the world. I know several mechanics who testify to that and they have never worked with you or for you. But you are not the only one who can do good work, not the only one who can do satisfactory work. Before you got in the business pool was played all over the world on tables set up by people who never heard of you and in fact pool continues to be played at extremely high levels on tables set up by people who have no idea who you are.

So let it go please. TAR knows what the are doing and I'd rather talk about the impending battle.

Mike_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's "ever"...not "even"...two completely different words...and meanings...but as smart as YOU are...you probably already knew that...right?

Did... you ... know ... that... you... don't... need... three... periods... to... get... a... point... across...?!?!?!?

My typo is far worse than you shitting on every thread just to make sure everyone on AZB knows who the best table mechanic is.

I'm surprised that ego doesn't get in the way of your work.... oh wait

And bump for the best PPV in years!

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pickum

Wow,this is going to be a great match. So who is going to win?

Shane is my favorite player to watch. No one in his right mind would bet against him.

I saw Alex at Hardtimes Sacramentio about six years ago. Someone was showing us the draw shot that Mike Massey used to win a tournament. A ball was set up on the second diamond on the right long rail. The trick was to draw the que ball three rails and land on a dollar bill on the left hand side of the short rail.

Well Alex attempted this shot at least 30 times, he came close everytime but never made it on the dollar. What amazed me the most was that he made the ball he hit every time. Alex is a amazing shot maker and never gives up.

So in a race to 100 is the best player going to win? I don't think so, but I do know that the winner is going to be the guy who plays the best for three days. Wow, I can't wait to see them play, Barney

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Did... you ... know ... that... you... don't... need... three... periods... to... get... a... point... across...?!?!?!?

My typo is far worse than you shitting on every thread just to make sure everyone on AZB knows who the best table mechanic is.

I'm surprised that ego doesn't get in the way of your work.... oh wait

And bump for the best PPV in years!

There's a lot more mental midgets on AZ then I thought there was. I'm done, back to TAR, Justin...and the peanut gallery!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wow,this is going to be a great match. So who is going to win?

Shane is my favorite player to watch. No one in his right mind would bet against him.

I saw Alex at Hardtimes Sacramentio about six years ago. Someone was showing us the draw shot that Mike Massey used to win a tournament. A ball was set up on the second diamond on the right long rail. The trick was to draw the que ball three rails and land on a dollar bill on the left hand side of the short rail.

Well Alex attempted this shot at least 30 times, he came close everytime but never made it on the dollar. What amazed me the most was that he made the ball he hit every time. Alex is a amazing shot maker and never gives up.

So in a race to 100 is the best player going to win? I don't think so, but I do know that the winner is going to be the guy who plays the best for three days. Wow, I can't wait to see them play, Barney

I guess you missed Shane beating Alex in two races to 20 at the Cue Club in Vegas. At the end of both races, I think the score was 40 to 20 in favor of Shane:grin:

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
not for nothing but........

Pro boxing is fought in a professional ring...not in back alleys anymore. no two fight contracts are the same. size of ring, weight of gloves, oz. of padding under canvas, number of rounds, are all things that are negotiated in fight contracts and discussed to death.

Pro basketball is played on an indoor full size court...not in a school yard on a half court. international courts have different paint in the lanes, i believe there is also a different distance to the 3 point line

Pro golf isn't played in a hayfield. no two golf courses are the same. the pin locations on the greens can and often do change - even between rounds sometimes

Pro football isn't played out in an open field with sticks standing up to mark the end zones. domes are not open fields, turf is not grass, open air in chicago in dec. is not open air in miami in sept.

Nascar don't race on the streets. no they race on tracks that are entirely different form each other and some of them like talladega are hellholes

Glen

fading the table is part of the game, ask anyone who gambles. TAR has always put on a good show with good eqipment and i am sure this will be no different. we all know you do good work but please stop promoting it here. and if you insist on it, use better examples. those sports all have variances. and the variances, especially in boxing, can aide one person or team over another greatly.

Last edited:

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fading the table is part of the game, ask anyone who gambles. TAR has always put on a good show with good eqipment and i am sure this will be no different. we all know you do good work but please stop promoting it here. and if you insist on it, use better examples. those sports all have variances. and the variances, especially in boxing, can aide one person or team over another greatly.

deleted :)

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many times have Shane and Alex matched up? I thought this is the 3rd time they have on video. The first one was at the Derby...and the 2nd time in the TAR Pit Race to 100.

So technically isn't this the 3rd time they've matched up on video?

The ad banner states that this is the 2nd time.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
How many times have Shane and Alex matched up? I thought this is the 3rd time they have on video. The first one was at the Derby...and the 2nd time in the TAR Pit Race to 100.

So technically isn't this the 3rd time they've matched up on video?

The ad banner states that this is the 2nd time.
These two have played numerous short sets over the last four years.

This is the second race to 100. Shane admitted on video that losing the first one screwed him up for a year. The race to 100 promoted before hand and streamed to a lot of people is a different animal than a race to 20 or 30 in a pool room somewhere. Thats why to me it's the second match.

Shane dominated most of the first one and Alex made IMO the best comeback I have ever seen or heard of to win. Shane wants redemption for lack of a better word in the format that he has pretty much defined. Alex wants to do what he always wants to do...beat one of the best in the world.

DippyD

Banned
These two have played numerous short sets over the last four years.

This is the second race to 100. Shane admitted on video that losing the first one screwed him up for a year. The race to 100 promoted before hand and streamed to a lot of people is a different animal than a race to 20 or 30 in a pool room somewhere. Thats why to me it's the second match.

Shane dominated most of the first one and Alex made IMO the best comeback I have ever seen or heard of to win. Shane wants redemption for lack of a better word in the format that he has pretty much defined. Alex wants to do what he always wants to do...beat one of the best in the world.

i wanna comentate!!!!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Justin, all I care about is that the table is at least on the same level of playability as the players who are going to play on it...that's all. If the table isn't all that important to be able to help provide a great show for all those watching...then the players might just as well be playing with broom sticks, clay balls...and IPT cloth...with 5" corner pockets...which would be just another circus act...IMO!

Pro boxing is fought in a professional ring...not in back alleys anymore.

Pro basketball is played on an indoor full size court...not in a school yard on a half court.

Pro golf isn't played in a hayfield.

Pro football isn't played out in an open field with sticks standing up to mark the end zones.

Nascar don't race on the streets.

So, why isn't it of any concern to anyone...about the playing conditions of the table...to provide the best show possible?

I don't even give a damn who works on...or worked on the table....just please....make sure it PLAYS RIGHT...that's all!

There should NOT have to be a need for someone to have to ADAPT to the table before hand in order to play at their best level of ability...THAT should be a given, as there's a huge difference between "Tight Pocket's" vs "incorrectly playing pockets"....just as there's a difference between a level table vs one that's out of level, not to mention cushions that are good vs bad cushions......or does none of these things matter to anyone...when PAYING money to watch a great match up between two great players??????????

In case you forgot Justin....I'm ALSO involved in this sport, just like you...and everyone else that CARES at all about it. Just because I work on pool tables...design pool tables...and fix pool tables...for a living, that DON'T make my job any LESS important than what YOU do....or you any BETTER than I am!

So, the next time you feel like telling me to go "piss up a rope"...make sure you're not holding the other end of it...or you might just get wet!!!

Glen

Show me where I said anything about being better than you. As for your job being less important, you put together furniture and I video tape pool matches. None of us are curing cancer. Get over yourself.

Let me ask you this question genius......if two players both agree to play on a goofy table what am I supposed to do? Say "Sorry Earl and Shane I don't want to be involved with what could be one of the most watched matches we have ever done because the table isn't my idea of perfect." I don't get to set all the conditions. I wish I did but like my Uncle Wilson used to say "Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first." I work with what I have.

As for the Alex and Shane match I will make the table play however they want. If I have to pay Gordon to work around the clock or fly Ernesto in to whittle a new set of rails out of a frigging oak tree then thats what I will do.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Any word on who will be commentating?

On other news: don't try to google "TAR 21". ;-)

I have talked to Jay Helfert and he is going to let me know when he gets back from the P.I. in a couple weeks. Hopefully he can make it.

If I can put enough money together to make a fair offer I will talk to Billy Incardona. Billy has helped us out so many times for free or next to nothing I'm not going to ask him again unless I can make it worth his time. Its a top priority.

This match deserves great commentators and I'm going to do all I can to get them. If I fail I'm gonna put Dippy and Disco in the box and just not look at the chat window. Cross your fingers.

:D

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Now...since it seems to be important to you Russ...there's only one decent table mechanic in Vegas that can do more than just "install cloth" and that's Gordon Graham.

Work done by other mechanics...even if trained by me....is still no guarantee you'll get the same exact craftsmanship I provide...as they're still not me....in case you didn't get that....it means they're someone else doing the work...and still have their own way of doing things.

Does THAT answer your questions?

Glen

Glen,

as I've said before in the past, your problem is your ego. There's nothing wrong with someone becoming a master at their craft, there's nothing wrong with someone even bragging a bit that they are good at what they do. But with you, everything you write is basically saying there is only one person in the world that can put together a pool table. That YOU are the only person that can assemble a table. Everyone else is a hack.

You probably can't find another person that cares more about making their production the best it can be, then TAR. They care about the players, the backers, the fans, the host and the waitresses.

You really do need to take some classes on how to pop your ego and still be able to live with yourself. Believe it or not, the world will go on, with or without you.

All I can say.... is you must have one strong fricking neck, to hold up that 800 lb ego all the time. So props out to whoever designed your neck, because they are true masters of neck building.:rolleyes:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
If I fail I'm gonna put Dippy and Disco in the box and just not look at the chat window. Cross your fingers.

:D

oh god. fingers crossed, eyes crossed, toes crossed, gonads crossed.

Jay and Billy would be a outstanding crew to work this event. Props to Jay, Billy and all the other pro commentators that have helped TAR out in the past by donating their time and skill for our enjoyment.

I encourage all of you fans to download the pdf file located here
http://theactionreport.com/graphics/tar21_flyer_16x20_print.pdf

and take it to work if you don't have a color printer at home, print out some copies and take to your pool room or bars and post it up there. Explain who Alex and Shane are, if they don't know, and the past matchups they've had. Put on your salesman cap and get some people that have never watched a PPV before, to try it out. Explain that we're talking 5 - 8 hours of pool being played for 3 nights in a row. Tell them they can make a party out of it and get some buddies over that chip in 5 bucks apiece.

Can't wait for this matchup. I'm sure Shane has revenge on his mind!