TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
sorry if I disagree but shane vs earl was totally ruined by the ****ed up table. That would be one of the greatest match ever but was totally ruined by the table. If you want a great match you need a fair table.

I disagree. Fading conditions is also part of being a professional. Both players faced the same conditions. Shane got in a week of practice on it and the majority of the smart people here said that SVB would beat Earl easily on ANY TABLE of any size.

Fact is that Earl made a ten foot table look like a bar table and Shane looked like he was trying to shoot bowling balls into keyholes.

If I get a week to practice on someone else's table then I can't gripe about it when I gamble on it. If a week isn't enough time to figure out any pool table then I don't know what it would take.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't care what table they play on; it could be the kitchen table and I would still buy the stream.
Thanks for putting it together!

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes to all questions.

In the past our three day package was $25. It is now $35. A difference of $10. $10 divided by 3 is $3.33. So it costs $3.33 more per day for the three day package than it did before.

Well worth it! Thanks for all you do! :thumbup:

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. Fading conditions is also part of being a professional. Both players faced the same conditions. Shane got in a week of practice on it and the majority of the smart people here said that SVB would beat Earl easily on ANY TABLE of any size.

Fact is that Earl made a ten foot table look like a bar table and Shane looked like he was trying to shoot bowling balls into keyholes.

If I get a week to practice on someone else's table then I can't gripe about it when I gamble on it. If a week isn't enough time to figure out any pool table then I don't know what it would take.

Agree! The table really made a difference. Nothing away from Shane's ability. He is awesome, but he was really surprised when he missed. Earl adjusted well to whatever problems surfaced with that 10 ft table. The railbirds, maybe not as well. Just my opinion. :thumbup:

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

well I think if Earl wouldn't won that match it would be really bad for him ( sorry for this bad written sentence). He played on his table ( he wanted a 10ft with tight pockets) with his rules ( no jump cues iirc) and he talked for years about how a 10ft is harder, how he could be the best in the world on them,ecc... Shane knew he was the underdog in that match. Also he didn't has the usual confidence due the table.

For JCIN a slightly OT:
i would like to buy some of the tar matches but unfortunately i have seen you don't ship to Europe.... Do you will ship them in Europe in the near future?

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
well I think if Earl wouldn't won that match it would be really bad for him ( sorry for this bad written sentence). He played on his table ( he wanted a 10ft with tight pockets) with his rules ( no jump cues iirc) and he talked for years about how a 10ft is harder, how he could be the best in the world on them,ecc... Shane knew he was the underdog in that match. Also he didn't has the usual confidence due the table.

For JCIN a slightly OT:
i would like to buy some of the tar matches but unfortunately i have seen you don't ship to Europe.... Do you will ship them in Europe in the near future?

Whether it would have been good or bad for Earl is beside the point. You said the match was ruined because of the table. It wasn't ruined and actually became part of the excitement. Almost everyone had written Earl off BEFORE the match saying that the table didn't matter and Shane would win easily. The TABLE was also an opponent in that match. I doubt Shane felt like the underdog going into the match but he sure felt like it after two days of watching Earl fire balls in like the pockets were 5".

I thought that the table brought a new element to the match and I would like to see more matches on the 5x10.

Now we will get to see how two top players handle 4.125" pockets. Shane is obviously NOT afraid of them by agreeing to step in the box against Alex. I like to see the best players challenge themselves against tough equipment.

Now if only Earl's camp will quit being crawfish and play the match they agreed to we could see how well the win on the 10 footer boosted Earl or not. The TABLE is set up and ready in Vegas. :)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Now if only Earl's camp will quit being crawfish and play the match they agreed to we could see how well the win on the 10 footer boosted Earl or not. The TABLE is set up and ready in Vegas. :)

True dat! :thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Soon as you explain to me what business it is of yours where I am getting the rails I will tell you all about it. Till then you do you and let me worry about my business.

Justin, all I care about is that the table is at least on the same level of playability as the players who are going to play on it...that's all. If the table isn't all that important to be able to help provide a great show for all those watching...then the players might just as well be playing with broom sticks, clay balls...and IPT cloth...with 5" corner pockets...which would be just another circus act...IMO!

Pro boxing is fought in a professional ring...not in back alleys anymore.

Pro basketball is played on an indoor full size court...not in a school yard on a half court.

Pro golf isn't played in a hayfield.

Pro football isn't played out in an open field with sticks standing up to mark the end zones.

Nascar don't race on the streets.

So, why isn't it of any concern to anyone...about the playing conditions of the table...to provide the best show possible?

I don't even give a damn who works on...or worked on the table....just please....make sure it PLAYS RIGHT...that's all!

There should NOT have to be a need for someone to have to ADAPT to the table before hand in order to play at their best level of ability...THAT should be a given, as there's a huge difference between "Tight Pocket's" vs "incorrectly playing pockets"....just as there's a difference between a level table vs one that's out of level, not to mention cushions that are good vs bad cushions......or does none of these things matter to anyone...when PAYING money to watch a great match up between two great players??????????

In case you forgot Justin....I'm ALSO involved in this sport, just like you...and everyone else that CARES at all about it. Just because I work on pool tables...design pool tables...and fix pool tables...for a living, that DON'T make my job any LESS important than what YOU do....or you any BETTER than I am!

So, the next time you feel like telling me to go "piss up a rope"...make sure you're not holding the other end of it...or you might just get wet!!!

Glen

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whether it would have been good or bad for Earl is beside the point. You said the match was ruined because of the table. It wasn't ruined and actually became part of the excitement. Almost everyone had written Earl off BEFORE the match saying that the table didn't matter and Shane would win easily. The TABLE was also an opponent in that match. I doubt Shane felt like the underdog going into the match but he sure felt like it after two days of watching Earl fire balls in like the pockets were 5".

I thought that the table brought a new element to the match and I would like to see more matches on the 5x10.

Now we will get to see how two top players handle 4.125" pockets. Shane is obviously NOT afraid of them by agreeing to step in the box against Alex. I like to see the best players challenge themselves against tough equipment.

Not everyone thought they'd see an adult going psycho either

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Justin, all I care about is that the table is at least on the same level of playability as the players who are going to play on it...that's all. If the table isn't all that important to be able to help provide a great show for all those watching...then the players might just as well be playing with broom sticks, clay balls...and IPT cloth...with 5" corner pockets...which would be just another circus act...IMO!

Pro basketball is played on an indoor full size court...not in a school yard on a half court.

Pro football isn't played out in an open field with sticks standing up to mark the end zones.

So, why isn't it of any concern to anyone...about the playing conditions of the table...to provide the best show possible?

I don't even give a damn who works on...or worked on the table....just please....make sure it PLAYS RIGHT...that's all!

There should NOT have to be a need for someone to have to ADAPT to the table before hand in order to play at their best level of ability...THAT should be a given, as there's a huge difference between "Tight Pocket's" vs "incorrectly playing pockets"....just as there's a difference between a level table vs one that's out of level, not to mention cushions that are good vs bad cushions......or does none of these things matter to anyone...when PAYING money to watch a great match up between two great players??????????

In case you forgot Justin....I'm ALSO involved in this sport, just like you...and everyone else that CARES at all about it. Just because I work on pool tables...design pool tables...and fix pool tables...for a living, that DON'T make my job any LESS important than what YOU do....or you any BETTER than I am!

So, the next time you feel like telling me to go "piss up a rope"...make sure you're not holding the other end of it...or you might just get wet!!!

Glen

Seriously......... ?

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, Didn't Justin politely ask you to stay on topic in his thread??

Also, you avoided answering my questions to you.

Would you like to start another thread and discuss them there??

Russ...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, Didn't Justin politely ask you to stay on topic in his thread??

Also, you avoided answering my questions to you.

Would you like to start another thread and discuss them there??

Russ...

Two questions for you Russ.

1...Did I ask Justin a question about the rails...and get an answer?
2...Did "I" work on your pool table...or did someone else?

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, what kind of "work" can one expect from the local talbe mechanics in Vegas??

Same kind of work that I got locally by one of your guys here in Los Angeles??

Please let me know, I am dying to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now...since it seems to be important to you Russ...there's only one decent table mechanic in Vegas that can do more than just "install cloth" and that's Gordon Graham.

Work done by other mechanics...even if trained by me....is still no guarantee you'll get the same exact craftsmanship I provide...as they're still not me....in case you didn't get that....it means they're someone else doing the work...and still have their own way of doing things.

Does THAT answer your questions?

Glen

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Glen

Being they are playing on a diamond, provided by Mark, are you saying your the only one that works for diamond that can make the table play right?. It sounds like you don't have much faith in the people you work for or with. You do work for diamond, you should know what kind of work they do.

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
There will be a few seats available in the Studio but they will be extremely limited. Info on Studio seats will be available soon.

Its looking like we will have about ten to twelve seats in the Studio for the match. They will be expensive but there is no other place or atmosphere like what will happen in the Studio on those three days. As soon as we get a hard number on staff and player comps we will know where we are on the seating.

Any info on the seating yet please :)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Being they are playing on a diamond, provided by Mark, are you saying your the only one that works for diamond that can make the table play right?. It sounds like you don't have much faith in the people you work for or with. You do work for diamond, you should know what kind of work they do.

Diamond no more has the "table mechanic's" for this kind of set up on the pockets than "Brunswick" does. Changing the corner pockets to 4 1/8" has nothing to do with the Diamond factory....or Diamond table mechanic's...that's an after production change...NOT done by the factory. They build the ProAms to a certain spec...4 1/2" ProCut pockets...they don't build custom sizes of pockets...so, yes...I know what Diamond can do...and what they can't...or won't do. So...I don't think "faith" has anything to do with it....but I do believe and have "faith" in the fact that Diamond builds the "best" factory built "PRO" table in the world.

Call up ANY table manufacture and ask them if they'll build you a pool table with 4 1/8" corner pockets...then get back to me and let me know which ones you found that'll do that;)

Mike_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond no more has the "table mechanic's" for this kind of set up on the pockets than "Brunswick" does. Changing the corner pockets to 4 1/8" has nothing to do with the Diamond factory....or Diamond table mechanic's...that's an after production change...NOT done by the factory. They build the ProAms to a certain spec...4 1/2" ProCut pockets...they don't build custom sizes of pockets...so, yes...I know what Diamond can do...and what they can't...or won't do. So...I don't think "faith" has anything to do with it....but I do believe and have "faith" in the fact that Diamond builds the "best" factory built "PRO" table in the world.

Call up ANY table manufacture and ask them if they'll build you a pool table with 4 1/8" corner pockets...then get back to me and let me know which ones you found that'll do that;)

Congrats, you have convinced me that you are one of the most obnoxious people I've ever encountered on a forum.

Justin,

Looking forward to the stream, thanks for setting it up!

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Justin, I think you're gonna have a home run with this match, no matter who set up the table. No matter how big the pockets, or where the hell the rails came from.

I seem to remember that is what this particular thread was all about. An awesome matchup between two of the best in the world. In the awesome new TAR Studio.

Just sayin'....

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Congrats, you have convinced me that you are one of the most obnoxious people I've even encountered on a forum.

Justin,

Looking forward to the stream, thanks for setting it up!

That's "ever"...not "even"...two completely different words...and meanings...but as smart as YOU are...you probably already knew that...right?