TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
6072672276_9b6bc59c46_z.jpg

The Action Report is excited to announce TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening on September 23-25. This epic match between two world class players is a continuation in their ongoing rivalry that has given us some of the best matches in recent times.

In May of 2008 Shane and Alex played a race to 100 TAR match at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas. Shane dominated for the first two days and then Alex made what many have said was the best comeback performance ever. Down by 15 games on the final day he caught Shane at 92-92 and went on to win the match.

Since that day Shane has been waiting for his chance at a rematch and now it is here.

The match is a race to 100, Ten Ball played on a nine foot Diamond table. It will take place in the new TAR Studio located in Las Vegas, NV. The match will be played September 23-25. Match play will begin at 7 PM Eastern each day. The format is that they will play the first day until one reaches thirty five wins, second day until one gets to seventy wins and finish the set on the third day. It is a $10,000 per man entry fee. Winner takes all.

You can watch the entire match live as it happens via streaming Pay Per View on theactionreport.com . The price for the live coverage is $35 for a three day package or $15 per single day. The coverage will feature three camera coverage with camera operators to bring you all the angles. There will be a few seats available in the Studio but they will be extremely limited. Info on Studio seats will be available soon. The Pay Per View coverage will be available for purchase starting September 20.

TAR would like to thank our match sponsors Kamui Tips, CueSports International, Diamond Tables and Spot Clothing for all of their help and support in making this epic rematch possible. Special thanks to David "Viffer" Peat for his help in putting the match together. We hope you will join us September 23-25 for what is sure to be a historic clash of two great champions.

Thats the press release. This is from me personally:

I want to tank everyone here. Without this place and the people in it things like this would never happen.

If anyone has any questions or comments please post them up. I dont know whats happening with commentary yet but I am working on it. Its looking like we will have about ten to twelve seats in the Studio for the match. They will be expensive but there is no other place or atmosphere like what will happen in the Studio on those three days. As soon as we get a hard number on staff and player comps we will know where we are on the seating.

As I'm sure some will notice we raised our prices for the stream. We did our first PPV match September 14, 2007. The price was $25. We did our 20th match on March 18, 2011 and the price was $25. After almost four years it is time to bump the price. It amounts to $3.33 a day for the three day package. We have also increased our compensation to the players and have to pay camera operators. I think the product is still a fantastic value at the new price. Hopefully it will not keep anyone who wants to watch from joining us.

I have been waiting for this one ever since the Alex sunk the case ball in 2008. Its going to be epic.

Justin,

I know being in this business is kinda like being on a roller coaster....blindfolded but through the ups and downs the fact that you are still here is nothing short of amazing. And now us pool degenerates get a chance to sweat the sequel of the best that the U.S and the P.I. have to offer.

And about the new price...i'm broke as a joke but if i have to stay home a couple of weekends in order to get that PPV then me and spike TV have a date. And i'm not gonna tell anyone else how to spend their $$$ and i'm not justin's friend or anything (Met him in the TARPIT during the Schmitty/Bart match and saw him a few times at BCA 2010) but i will say that TAR has invested a lot of money so that pool fans can witness stuff that you could never experience before they came on the scene. And about that raising the bar stuff http://www.youtube.com/user/TheActionReport?feature=mhee#p/u/17/p3OFZVIimfc ...nuff said.

So $11.66 a day for 3 days of top notch action really is a steal. Matter of fact i've got about 500 sheets of 96 brightness paper and five canon ink tanks and i can't think of a better way to burn through both then to wall paper the greater phoenix area if you don't mind me printing out your flyer of the event. I really want to see this match break the previous highest buy rate for a couple of reasons.

The players are two of my favorites to watch. If AZB as a whole can get some new eyeballs who may have never watched pool at this level to commit to watch then a few might even get hooked. And finally your talking about a match that when you take all things into consideration may only come around a time or two in our lifetime (And yes this is Part 2) and can you think of a pool business that deserves our support more then TAR? So get the word out to everyone you know and let's make some mother fu@king history ya'll.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Justin,

I know being in this business is kinda like being on a roller coaster....blindfolded but through the ups and downs the fact that you are still here is nothing short of amazing. And now us pool degenerates get a chance to sweat the sequel of the best that the U.S and the P.I. have to offer.

And about the new price...i'm broke as a joke but if i have to stay home a couple of weekends in order to get that PPV then me and spike TV have a date. And i'm not gonna tell anyone else how to spend their $$$ and i'm not justin's friend or anything (Met him in the TARPIT during the Schmitty/Bart match and saw him a few times at BCA 2010) but i will say that TAR has invested a lot of money so that pool fans can witness stuff that you could never experience before they came on the scene. And about that raising the bar stuff http://www.youtube.com/user/TheActionReport?feature=mhee#p/u/17/p3OFZVIimfc ...nuff said.

So $11.66 a day for 3 days of top notch action really is a steal. Matter of fact i've got about 500 sheets of 96 brightness paper and five canon ink tanks and i can't think of a better way to burn through both then to wall paper the greater phoenix area if you don't mind me printing out your flyer of the event. I really want to see this match break the previous highest buy rate for a couple of reasons.

The players are two of my favorites to watch. If AZB as a whole can get some new eyeballs who may have never watched pool at this level to commit to watch then a few might even get hooked. And finally your talking about a match that when you take all things into consideration may only come around a time or two in our lifetime (And yes this is Part 2) and can you think of a pool business that deserves our support more then TAR? So get the word out to everyone you know and let's make some mother fu@king history ya'll.

Thanks for your words of support sir. They mean a lot. This match is something special to me. I really believe in twenty or thirty years fans will look back on this rivalry between Shane and Alex and say "Wouldn't it have been cool to have been there to see it live" Billy Incardona has said that he feels lucky to have been here to see Efren play and thats the way I feel about these two.

Because of the support from you and all the other people who have stuck with through good times and bad we have been able to keep moving, surviving and growing. I think this will be the best production yet. We have a great production team ready to do the best production TAR has ever done. This is going to be a good time.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Just a heads up for everyone if you didnt see the other thread: Billy Incardona and Jay Helfert will be doing commentary for TAR 21. I want to thank both men for being a part of this match. With their skill, talent and knowledge they will take the production to another level.

We have world class players and a world class commentary booth.

JarnoV

JarnoV
Silver Member
Do you have the daily schedule fixed yet?

I live in a timezone that's pretty inconvenient for this event, but I might be able to see significant parts depending on the daily schedule.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a heads up for everyone if you didnt see the other thread: Billy Incardona and Jay Helfert will be doing commentary for TAR 21. I want to thank both men for being a part of this match. With their skill, talent and knowledge they will take the production to another level.

We have world class players and a world class commentary booth.

I really hope you'll also be joining in on the commentary.. you add some good humor idc what they say about you ;)

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Shane is en route home from Manila as we speak. Spent time with him here a couple of days ago and we briefly discussed his upcoming match with Alex. Let's just say he was pretty confident, willing to bet some serious cheese of his own. A lot more than 10K will be riding on this one!

I concur with Justin, Thank God for Shane and Alex! One thing I like about hanging over here is that when the good players get together, there's ALWAYS action! The Taiwan gang ain't afraid to bet it up either. Even for over-the-hill, out-of-stroke, down-on-their-luck pool players like me, I can get a game just about anywhere I go. :D

Jay;
If you keep the barking up, I will rename you, ''Thunder Dog'', the short chartier. :thumbup:
Have fun next wk, SVB will win this one. Watching the alex/rodney match last week told me so.