What shoes for pool?

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm shopping for new pool shoes. Have any favorite brand or type of shoes for long hours at the table? Also, how long do they last, how much do they cost, where did you buy them? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I'm shopping for new pool shoes. Have any favorite brand or type of shoes for long hours at the table? Also, how long do they last, how much do they cost, where did you buy them? Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

This topic has been discussed before and you can use the search function to find those threads.

I like SAS shoes (about $200 a pair) and Mephistos ($200-500) and if you want something a bit dressy try Allen Edmonds. All have good support.

I recently got a pair of Aetrex Ambulators (about $150) and they have very good arch support with cushioning also.

I have heard good things about Clarks and Ecco also.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Can't beat a good pair of New Balance cross trainers. Heck, I play tennis, basketball and walk the zoo in these things. For low level activity like pool, great support, and they come in differenct widths :) Thus, they are a good fit.

Something Nike and the other makers don't offer that I have ever seen. And NB are made in USA, so I kinda like that as well. Heck, you buy them at Kohl's for cheap....good pair no more than $50 or $60.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is it the shoes ?!?!?!

Air Jordan concord 11s AkA (The Tuxedos)......
Beware if pursuing these shoes,, you could be subjected to being stampeded upon, robbed, stabbed and/or shot.. But if you do obtain these without injury,,when you wear them ,your vertical will increase by 12", and your shot % will increase by 3 balls.......:thumbup:

GET YOU SOME !!!!
CONCORD.jpg

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
What are your thoughts on the Vibram KSO.

Attachments

• vibram five toes.jpg
    vibram five toes.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,350

mbj

"Burl" Ives approves
Silver Member
This topic has been discussed before and you can use the search function to find those threads.

I like SAS shoes (about $200 a pair) and Mephistos ($200-500) and if you want something a bit dressy try Allen Edmonds. All have good support.

I recently got a pair of Aetrex Ambulators (about $150) and they have very good arch support with cushioning also.

Ecco's are great, very comfortable. I prefer to shoot in my Hartjes .... most comfortable shoes I've ever owned

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member

I can vouch for Clarks. I bought a pair 2 years ago that has been the
best casual shoes I've owned. Seems like they were in the $140 range
but well worth the price.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are your thoughts on the Vibram KSO.

I had a pair of the Vibram 5 fingers for the gym. I would routinely stub my toe while jogging or even walking, and it hurt. lol. I learned how to walk more carefully, but still managed to stub my toe occasionally.

They are a pain to put on also.

The people who have tried them (me included) that I have talked to seem to either love them or hate them. I gave my pair away after wearing them for a couple months.

One pro I'd say for pool (I never wore them outside the gym), is they have excellent traction.

There are other companies now making gym shoes with very low and flat soles that I want to try. These are minimalist shoes where their target consumer is the one who thinks arch support is detrimental to one's feet and body. I'm going to buy one of these pairs soon. My personal reasoning is I have back issues, and the lower the shoe is, the less my back will have to bend while at the table.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
what ever you buy, put gel soles in them,,...you will love them........

derangedhermit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd never thought about it before, but my son told me his game was off for a couple weeks, and he thought he figured out why: he changed from the shoes he was used to wearing to another pair. There may be something in it, so I'd pick a pair and stick to them.

Shoes that offers good support, many listed above: some of the Clark's - not the original chukkas though, Ecco, New Balance (which come in different lasts and widths to fit different feet -I wore 900s and 902s for years, but they are too soft / too easy to roll over now after I broke an ankle), SAS (a Texas shoe, IIRC, loved them years ago), Merrells, Asolo hiking boots (especially if you have bad ankles).

I can't think of any true dress shoes I'd recommend, although there must be some good ones for the job.

SIDI motorcycle touring boots, e.g. On-Road are very nice to shoot in, but rather expensive.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I was thinking about replacing my Doc Martens with the Vibram 5 fingers. On Amazon, the Vibram has nothing but 5 star reviews.

I had a pair of the Vibram 5 fingers for the gym. I would routinely stub my toe while jogging or even walking, and it hurt. lol. I learned how to walk more carefully, but still managed to stub my toe occasionally.

They are a pain to put on also.

The people who have tried them (me included) that I have talked to seem to either love them or hate them. I gave my pair away after wearing them for a couple months.

One pro I'd say for pool (I never wore them outside the gym), is they have excellent traction.

There are other companies now making gym shoes with very low and flat soles that I want to try. These are minimalist shoes where their target consumer is the one who thinks arch support is detrimental to one's feet and body. I'm going to buy one of these pairs soon. My personal reasoning is I have back issues, and the lower the shoe is, the less my back will have to bend while at the table.