Wife on playing pool

dave st.pierre

dave st.pierre
I HAVE BEEN MARIED A LONG TIME,I CAME HOME FROM A MINI TOUREY THE OTHER NIGHT SHE SAID "HOW MUCH DID YOU WIN I SAID $35 OR $40 & SHE SAID PISS POOR WAGES FOR 12 HRS 0F WORK.I SAID BETTER THAN NOTHING WATCHING HOUSE WIFES OF NEW JERSEY & BEVERLY HILLS & EVER OTHER HILLS IN THE COUNTRY.I WAS WOUNDERING IF ANY OTHER POOL PLAYERS GET GREAT REMARKS FROM THERE LOVING WIFES.:thumbup:

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, but close. When I came in the money her hand was out and it went into a non-existent fund. Now I just never come in the money....lol

Gerry S

Hobart007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I HAVE BEEN MARIED A LONG TIME,I CAME HOME FROM A MINI TOUREY THE OTHER NIGHT SHE SAID "HOW MUCH DID YOU WIN I SAID $35 OR $40 & SHE SAID PISS POOR WAGES FOR 12 HRS 0F WORK.I SAID BETTER THAN NOTHING WATCHING HOUSE WIFES OF NEW JERSEY & BEVERLY HILLS & EVER OTHER HILLS IN THE COUNTRY.I WAS WOUNDERING IF ANY OTHER POOL PLAYERS GET GREAT REMARKS FROM THERE LOVING WIFES.:thumbup:

Nope.. she plays too :smile:

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well..

My wife plays too, so if one gets knocked out, and one of us comes in the money, we first cover expenses, then usually split the score. But if its a good score, or hard fought win, then its usually considered mutually as a "reward", and encouraged by the opposite to not split it after expenses have been covered.

JMO: "you keep her happy, and she'll keep supporting your pool related addictions!" :thumbup:

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When i was in Korea i would enter Army Pool Tournaments and win them all the time first Place would be 100 dollar gift cards to the post dept store. Guess who would be there to collect them when i won ?

Yup the wife she calls them free house decorations cards.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

LMAO... u told your wife you came into money. Rookie move my friend :)

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife plays too, so if one gets knocked out, and one of us comes in the money, we first cover expenses, then usually split the score. But if its a good score, or hard fought win, then its usually considered mutually as a "reward", and encouraged by the opposite to not split it after expenses have been covered.

JMO: "you keep her happy, and she'll keep supporting your pool related addictions!" :thumbup:

I agree my wife loves going with me to play pool no matter how board she gets. This is becusei keep her happy

bakermaker

Recreational Player
Silver Member
I am damn lucky

My wife fully understands my pool addiction! I keep 20 bucks after expenses and give her the rest. She probably gets more money from doing my laundry than pool winnings though :smile:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RU KIDDING my wife gets mad when I stay home!! That's how long I've been married!;):embarrassed2:

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raining in my Heart, Youtube Graham Nash Tribute to Budy Holly youtube

Yes, we are a strange breed.

30 plus years she never stopped or complained about a tournament.
I never knew how lucky I was.
Gave her great kids, cars, money, diamonds and love.

I never told her thanks for ironing those 11 shirts one day.

I gave it all up for pool, what a waste of life.

My advice, be good to your wife and thank her for the little things, Barney

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, we are a strange breed.

30 plus years she never stopped or complained about a tournament.
I never knew how lucky I was.
Gave her great kids, cars, money, diamonds and love.

I never told her thanks for ironing those 11 shirts one day.

I gave it all up for pool, what a waste of life.

My advice, be good to your wife and thank her for the little things, Barney

About 30-40 years ago not many admitted playing for love of the game. It was just about the money. Now it's an insult to admitt playing for money.
I always felt that doing anything well enogh should pay something. We argue about the image of the game and he harm gambling hs done to the game, but the game is headed to the toilet and quickly. Even pool rooms are looking elsewhere to draw crowds.
it seems we are right back where it was before Teh Hustler came out.
y wives always said that pool was not our problem. All 3 said that!

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Unless they are pool players themselves most women do not understand pool and the reasons we love the game so much.

Kevin

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Lucky guy

My wife loves to travel. Doesn't matter how or where or why just wants to go. Kinda like the family dog. Head out the window, wind in the ears and credit card in paws. If I win it she spends it. If I don't win it she still spends it. Works for both of us! I'm a lucky guy.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

It only gets worse,i have horror stories i can tell you.
I told told my wife if she dont knock it off im sending her to seek some counseling.:grin:If weren't for that special thing about her ,she would have a bounty on her head.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
My wife is more than a bit of a mystery to me. She is one of those people that, when handed a pair of binoculars, will attempt to see some distant object by looking a good 30º away from that object... And she must see pool balls in much the same way when holding a cue. She can't play well at all and that is an understatement.

But she loves to go with me to watch the game. And she knows what she is watching. She knows what is good pool and what is bad pool. She knows when someone makes a dumb mistake (someone like me) and she knows when they have played very well. Bad pool bores her but good pool rivets her attention.

She doesn't play, she's just a true fan of the game. And a keeper.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:) That's why my fiance is also involved in pool...we both understand.

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
share it don't always work but it helps

Share! It don't always work but it helps.

I won $600.00 last weekend in the Empire State Championships Took 4th :-(

Yes I gave wife $100.00 :)

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
My wife is awesome. She let me have the table in the living room for about year before I converted my garage to a game room. She has to be cool about my pool playing because she is the one that got me started. She always waits up for me when I play a tournament and is more than happy to spend any of the winnings. To us cash is ours, not mine or yours. I am one of the luckiest men on the planet.