Pics from BCA Show in Chicago 7/18

Dartman

Silver Member
Besides Ewa and Tom Rossman pictured below also noticed Stefano, Corey Deuel and Nick Varner walking around. Seems the past few shows have had less of the well known name players in attendance then in years past.

Wasn't aware they have 2 styles of chalk now. .98 and 1.21 (edit)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jordan and Josh (ClubBilliards)
picture.php

Strange table. Rails are all rubber, no wood and completely covered in Gorina. 1960's retro look?
picture.php

Felice from Simonis on right
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

mr8ball

It seems like all the tournaments are short of players anymore. Maybe its just not enough money in the US anymore. Thanks for sharing the pics

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Is the show as dead as it looks? Last year in Vegas it was basically a bunch of vendors standing around talking to each other.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Thanks for pics! They're a nice change on an almost all word forum. That rubber rail table is neat. Do you remember you make it?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it's nothing like the shows of 10-15 years ago, there was pretty good traffic. I spoke to several vendors who did good business yesterday, which was just the first day of the show.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Is the show as dead as it looks? Last year in Vegas it was basically a bunch of vendors standing around talking to each other.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dartman...Stop by the PBIA booth (844) if you get a chance, and introduce yourself! :grin:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Besides Ewa and Tom Rossman pictured below also noticed Stefano, Corey Deuel and Nick Varner walking around. Seems the past few shows have had less of the well known name players in attendance then in years past.

Wasn't aware they have 2 styles of chalk now. .98 and 1.02 (?)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jacob and Josh (ClubBilliards)
picture.php

Strange table. Rails are all rubber, no wood and completely covered in Gorina. 1960's retro look?
picture.php

Felice from Simonis on right
picture.php

picture.php

Dartman

Silver Member
Wow that four-legged table looks cheap.:)
That table was at the Simonis/Aramith booth so I'd guess it's one of the Fusion tables.

Thanks for pics! They're a nice change on an almost all word forum. That rubber rail table is neat. Do you remember you make it?
I didn't catch the name but the company is in Italy. Looked like they were sharing exhibitor space with Gorina. Made a call and will get the name later today.

Dartman

Silver Member

I was there for about 4 hours and it seemed pretty busy considering it's off-Vegas with typical lower attendance. While walking around it looked like most of the vendors were engaging customers.

The total floor space is considerably smaller then the Vegas shows. I think the count is 97 exhibitors. What I noticed lacking was all the small booths with the off the wall stuff that are usually found around the perimeter of the main part of the show floor. No custom case or cue makers either.

IMO they did a nice job with the setup and it was easy to see everything in a smaller amount of time. The 2013 show is going to be in the same place.

A few more pics -

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member

MBM Billiards in Italy
http://www.mbmbiliardi.it/_eventi/archivio/2012/comunicato-bca-chicago-2012.php

If you don't understand Italian here's the English version :grin:
http://translate.google.com/transla.../2012/comunicato-bca-chicago-2012.php&act=url

The table at the show had an electric cord at the base so I'm guessing heated slate.
biliardo-b_ig.jpg

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somehow I didnt realize this expo was here in chicago this wk. Whish I would have known. I would have loved to have gone. Looks like a lot of fun. Where is it at?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Dartman,

Was just going to ask if Diamond Billiard Products were at the show when I saw the last picture you posted. Brought up one question though. In the photo, it appears the Diamond table has at least two different style legs. One straight. One curved. Was this a one off for the show? Are my eyes going now? Help please.

Lyn

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
Dartman,

Was just going to ask if Diamond Billiard Products were at the show when I saw the last picture you posted. Brought up one question though. In the photo, it appears the Diamond table has at least two different style legs. One straight. One curved. Was this a one off for the show? Are my eyes going now? Help please.

Lyn

I think they've had that home table model available for awhile.
http://www.diamondbilliards.com/index.php/home-tables/paragon

Somehow I didnt realize this expo was here in chicago this wk. Whish I would have known. I would have loved to have gone. Looks like a lot of fun. Where is it at?
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center - off 90 and 53 (290)
Open Friday from 10a-2p

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
That style of table has been around for a few years at least.

One like it was the TV table at the US open 2 years ago I believe.

Dartman

Silver Member
There was 1 quite the cool looking table with Zebrawood rails but don't remember
who the mfg was and forgot to get a pic. :rolleyes:

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they've had that home table model available for awhile.
http://www.diamondbilliards.com/index.php/home-tables/paragon

Remember now seeing the table at a tournament a couple of years ago. Never noticed the legs were different shapes :eek:! Thanks for taking the time to research my question. Still going to see my eye doctor.

Lyn

The legs are all the same. The angle makes it look straight. Watch espn this weekend for the womans us open. That table will be in use.