"Confessions of a Pool Hustler"

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like it might be three of us that read it. It's a great book and hard to put down once you start reading it. Good stories Bobby, I enjoyed it very much. After reading it I think it's a wonder you're still with us. I recommend it for anyone that likes road stories and just pool in general. Thanks for the good reading Mr. Cotton.

RobDeBank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This book was great I have read it twice and I am sure I will read it many more times over the years!

j13smiley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's saved on my wishlist... my parents are always wanting ideas. i should have this on xmas morning ;)

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently finished reading it. It is an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing some of your stories with us.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
I bought it a few months ago and will be reading it early next month while laying on the beach in Cabo. Can't wait!

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
I loved the book, I also gave it to my father in law and he finished it in a couple days. Great read!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
A little update for our buddy Robert "Cotton" Leblanc. I did get down to Vegas and Bobby was gracious enough to play me a little One-Pocket and deliver a signed copy of his book. I made the mistake of loaning it to one of my cheaper friends who seemed to lose it for the better part of 3 months.

Well "Cheap-O" finally found and returned my prize copy. In the better part of a week I in-hailed the contents. Great read. In the style of Jay H with shorter stories and a whole lot of colorful facts. WARNING like Grady's book not to be loaned to your 13 year old pool nut nephew unless you want him to mature like he did a tour with the Navy. Gritty and fast. Quick read. Everyone here should support our communities Authors. One day all the guys who played during the Golden Area of the hustlers will be gone and they will be missed.

Bobby just two complaints:
  1. You really should give us a few more stories during the TAR matches
  2. Why does Nora's close on Sunday?
  3. I think your sandbagging me for the big score. Next time I want all the breaks :)

Nick B

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
you made them as realistic as I remember, and that was chilling.

I wanted to thank all the people who read my book and said that they liked it !

Thanks "Master Ro" ....I could relate to a lot of your stories about the "boot hill" area in Missouri and especially Dallas (since I knew {or knew of} many of the "unsavory" characters).......you made them as realistic as I remember, and that was sometimes chilling.

PS: I really liked the name too ;)

D C 6 Pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have know Bobby since 1966, we hit the road Valantines day of 1970, traveled many miles together, expierenced many of the stories in the book and can vouch for his memory.............glad we are both still walking around today:wink: I'm glad he wrote the book and hope he writes another one about our friend Richard Austin (The Memphis Flash).

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
I bought it and liked it. It is amazing you're still here! Those were some harrowing experiences you had!

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read it last year. It was a great read. I liked all the short stories made it easy to read when you don't have a lot time to read. I could read it for 15-20 minutes a day and feel like I didn't miss anything.