SCAMMED! Need help from friends in Lexington, North Carolina to find my Schon LTD!

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hmmm. There's a Rusty that sometimes plays in the weekend tourney up at Gate City who has a thing for Schons. Wanted to buy mine but told him it wasn't for sale. Think his last name is Gannon. I'll keep a lookout.

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hmmm. There's a Rusty that sometimes plays in the weekend tourney up at Gate City who has a thing for Schons. Wanted to buy mine but told him it wasn't for sale. Think his last name is Gannon. I'll keep a lookout.

This is the same guy! I have talked to Don from Gate City. So if you see this guy around he definitely received my Schon because someone else from Gate City saw him with it.

And thanks for the help guys. Hopefully we are getting closer to getting him!
Tim

anna1173

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he plays in Greensboro and lexington all the time. Also big into golf. I can give info.. Full name, dob, working phone number, parents names, everything. He just screwed me out of $800. Have known him for years and years and I know he has the cue. He was bragging about "winning it" a about a month ago. I'm telling u, I know him personally and will help catch him before he screws anyone else! Scum bag!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes, he plays in Greensboro and lexington all the time. Also big into golf. I can give info.. Full name, dob, working phone number, parents names, everything. He just screwed me out of $800. Have known him for years and years and I know he has the cue. He was bragging about "winning it" a about a month ago. I'm telling u, I know him personally and will help catch him before he screws anyone else! Scum bag!

He's probably over playing a round at The Challenge... J/K but I loved that course as much as I love when bad boys get caught. He needs to star on Bully Beatdown..GOOD LUCK to the X & OP!

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

All of this information would be great! If you want to private message it to me..and sorry to hear about losing $800, hopefully we can get him! Who knows what else he is scamming people on...

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
All of this information would be great! If you want to private message it to me..and sorry to hear about losing $800, hopefully we can get him! Who knows what else he is scamming people on...

I strongly recommend contacting the Postal Inspection Service which serves your area one you get all the thief's information. Your local Post Office should have their number. DO NOT just contact your local postmaster.

The guy committed mail fraud and it is a felony.

Luther Blissett

on the clapham omnibus
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I joined this forum to sell my 314 shaft, but while browsing the index for the sales section I stumbled across this thread. Really eager to see where it leads. ...Please someone take a (video) camera when this guy finally gets confronted. Really looking forwards to seeing him being led away in cuffs. :)

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." -William Congreve (1697)

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The postal inspector route seems to be a check-mate move.

Don't pull an OJ and round up a bunch of thug-buddies to handle the job. As much fun as it might be, the outcome may not be real satisfying.

Good luck.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The postal inspector route seems to be a check-mate move.

Don't pull an OJ and round up a bunch of thug-buddies to handle the job. As much fun as it might be, the outcome may not be real satisfying.

Good luck.

Exactly. Hopefully the op will take this advice. I guarantee you the PI will make this guy sweat a lot more than anything else.

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Exactly. Hopefully the op will take this advice. I guarantee you the PI will make this guy sweat a lot more than anything else.

I called the post office fraud number and I got instructed to go online and fill out a fraud complaint form, it said that I'd be contacted if further information was needed. That was about 3-4 weeks ago atleast, and I have yet to hear anything. The police didn't get back to me yet. So hopefully Rustys ex will help and give me the information she said about because that is looking like my best lead so far.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I called the post office fraud number and I got instructed to go online and fill out a fraud complaint form, it said that I'd be contacted if further information was needed. That was about 3-4 weeks ago atleast, and I have yet to hear anything. The police didn't get back to me yet. So hopefully Rustys ex will help and give me the information she said about because that is looking like my best lead so far.

If I were you I'd post a email address so his ex can reach you. It's possible she doesn't know about sending and receiving PM's. Good luck!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Postal Fraud Is Indeed a Serious Offense

Everyone advising you to file a postal fraud complaint is giving your great advice. I'd also visit your local main Post Office some time and so print your electronic complaint form to bring it with you.

Here's what I've learned and maybe things are different than it was nine (9) months ago. I had to file a complaint on someone whom I sent money to and they never sent the item. I used a US Postal Money Order since the cost was like only $1.25 - $1.50 for up to $500 value which is the maximum amount of the Postal Order issuance.

The person I spoke to at the Main Post Office told me that the US Postal Inspectors that perform field investigations has been thinned out enormously over what it used to be. Retirees are not being replaced, and even regaular postal route carriers are being thinned down. In case everyone out there has forgotten, the US Postal Service has some financial issues and they're trying to automate and cut staff which is their largest expense.

Consequently, the complaint case load, which seems to have exploded in volume the past 3-5 years, practically seems insurmountable/ Let's face the stark truth which is many complaints are not going to get investigated. He told me it's basically like there was a crime spree taking place and so the most serious offenses get handled first, i.e., repeat offenders first and then dollar value of the complaint.

If and when Postal Inspectors are able to investigate the smaller value amount complaints, and I'm not implying the value of your complaint doesn not involve a significant amount of money, in all probablity the trail would be so cold and old, only a token effort would be applied because of the appearance of a dead end situation, at least to throught the eyes of the assigned Postal Inspector. I was told these guys have to clear a high number of cases and sadly, closing a case counts as clearing a complaint, albeit unresolved.

So the US Postal Service is still your best bet because this guy could be one of those repeat offenders and he may already be on their list. Make sure to visit the main Post Office where you live and speak to them in person. Sometimes the person you're standing in front explaining your situation has some compassion for you and is able to do something to help. But do not just file a complaint and wait for a response. It could be a very long time before you actually hear from anyone, if ever.

Make sure to also push the envelope at your main Post Office in person, even if it involves more personal follow-up visits. Keep in mind that your local Post Master has the ability to contact his counterpart in the state in question and one never knows what courtesies get extended from one Post Master to another or even within the field investigation organization of the US Postal Service. If the local Post Master asks someone to look into something, rest assured it will get done. These guys operate like minature kingdoms at times. Fact is that someone always knows someone else, etc. so you should make sure to follow-up in person because it can't hurt and would only help.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Luther Blissett

on the clapham omnibus
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So has the GF got back to you?

...As more time passes I'm starting to think that "she" was probably just someone yanking your chain. :mad: