What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

chrome

Banned
My rotation to center cue ball is the best its ever been. I am playing in a more unconscious state and better than I ever have.

:)

Has the system evolved for you from when you were first taught the system from Stan to present day?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Pro One connects to the geometry of the table. Pick the correct visuals, make the proper movement into ccb, stroke straight. center pocket.
very simple. :thumbup2:http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/thumbup2.gif

The straighter your stroke, the easier the system becomes. Its what works for me.

I know the geometry of the table very well,I also pivot very well but this has nothing to do with my stroke.One shot may require different stroke technic's do to shape.
Stroking straight has nothing to do with(my) an aiming system.
Did you have a problem with steering the ball?

chrome

Banned
I know the geometry of the table very well,I also pivot very well but this has nothing to do with my stroke.One shot may require different stroke technic's do to shape.

I answered your stroke question above :) i quoted it for you below.

I guess because the contact point is unconsciously found through the pre shot alignments and you are not actually using contact points but “trust” that you correctly aligned for the shot. You are forced into stroking straight to make the system work.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I didn't say correct your stroke I said expose flaws in it.

Stevie said it corrects his stroke and he can elaborate on that.

Yes you pull the trigger when everything feels right. So why do you miss?

1. you miss because you aimed wrong and sent the cue ball straight down that wrong line.

2. you miss because you aimed right and you push the cue ball off that correct shot line.

3. you miss because you aimed wrong and you sent the cueball down a line that is neither your chosen wrong line nor the correct shot line.

So you can feel that you are 100% right, pull the trigger and miss. My personal feeling is that if you are using a method where you pretty much know that you have the right shot line then missing is a stroke error rather than an aiming error.

Hence having a method which does bring you to the right shot line will expose bad form IF the shot requires that you stroke straight down the shot line to make the ball. And if that bad form is exposed then the obvious correction is to stroke straight. Thus the use of an aiming method can improve your stroke and in fact should improve your stroke because execution always follows aiming.

How does knowing(getting to) the potting angle have anything to do with the stroke?
A straight in shot is the strongest to see in all shots.Does one system out weight the other on the stroke now?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
How does knowing(getting to) the potting angle have anything to do with the stroke?
A straight in shot is the strongest to see in all shots.Does one system out weight the other on the stroke now?

Ok I think I understand your question.

All right. With ghost ball you MUST estimate where the shot line is.

So using that method the first task is to determine the shot line using some form of estimation. If you are slightly off and you stroke laser straight then you will miss and wonder why? If you are slightly off and you throw it in unconsciously you will never really know why you made it.

The straight in shot is the PERFECT example. See my video please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCDjPgtCwE

Here you can clearly see that IF the shot line is known then it's easy to put the cue on that line and stroke straight down it. Thus it's easy to see any stroke errors on that shot.

BUT

If you use GB on other shots then you do not know for sure what the shot line is. So it's possible that you don't know that your stroke is not great because you are steering most if not all of your shots in.

If you use something like CTE where you are sure (as in my case) that it brings you to the shot line then now steering causes misses. This is why the use of CTE or some other equally accurate method is one that forces the user to pay very close attention to their stroke quality.

This is my opinion, Stevie can certainly elaborate on what he means.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I hope Stevie will answer but my answer is that the stroke is secondary to the aim.

You aim then you execute. If you want to steer the ball in then you aim to do that. There are very good reasons to do it when that's what you need to do. But a lot of players do it ALL the time without intention. They do it because they are constantly CHOOSING the wrong shot line and they know from repetition that they need to gear it in.

I can only testify to my own game but I did all the stroke drills, coke bottle/beer bottle, line on the table, tape on the kitchen table, stroking in a mirror and STILL in competition I would use tons of body english and I never understood why.

Only after learning CTE did I finally understand why. And once I understood that I was able to go back and retrain my stroke to be straight again and that made it so much nicer to use CTE because getting down on the right shot line and knowing you can deliver the cue ball is very powerful.

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stevie, I bought Pro One, sometimes I make every shot, other times I don't. I am just curious, do you look at the OB last, or the CB last? And when you have decided on your aim, do you just fall into the shot, and aim your cue at center CB, or is there another place you aim and then move to center CB, hell, now I'm even confused about what I wrote.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Concerning a straighter stroke

In CTE. CCB is the target, the real target. An Ob offers distortion.
Too much focus toward the OB creates possible adjustments and also steering.

In CTE as one develops proficiency and confidence that CCB is in fact the main target and not the Ob, specific things can begin to occur.

A dialing in on tip relation to CCB becomes an extremely important task for every shot because that is what makes the ball. I'd say my personal focus to CCB is 10 times stronger than it has ever been.

Since CCB makes the ball, my entire stance is focused on what allows me to deliver the straightest stroke possible through CCB. I have noticed that the following things are constantly refining as a result of CCB being the single shot that my game is built around.

**Grip, the way I hold my cue relates directly to a straighter stroke to include backswing and hit to finish.

Amateurs put a lot of effort into the forward swing to finish. Pros put more emphasis and focus on the backswing. I make sure my backswing is slow and straight back and it's a short backswing at that so I can hit CCB. This happens for every shot in my game. The game becomes much easier when you approach each shot with the mindset that all you must do is hit CCB.

FOOTNOTE concerning CCB. I have an ACCUSHOT trainer and it measures accuracy of CCB ball aim. If I put a Cb on the spot and shoot to the head rail aimed at the ACCUSHOT sensor I get a high consistent readout of hitting a target that is hundredths of an inch in size. When I translate that accuracy to an OB the results are mostly neglible for the minute off center hits that I do incur. My shot making bears that out. At 62 I have never pocketed balls so well.

In CTE you can eventually solve the woes of aiming. The attention then, can and should shift to other aspects of your game such as strategy and position play and so much more.

Having said all this, the game is ultimately in the CUE BALL also known as WHITEY but all games have one thing in common, you must put the ball in the hole.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I inadvertently posted this in the another thread when it should have been posted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSharkAllen
Since PJ is unlikely to come back after two years, for all practical purposes that two year ban might as well be changed into a permanent ban.

Since other posters on AZB have been allowed to return after equally egregious behavior, I'd like to suggest that the moderators consider commuting PJ's sentence to a 6-month ban. Either that or ban him permanently.

I agree (except the permanent part) and here's why: first off the offense was not so bad when you take into consideration that you have guys here calling long time members p*ssy and a**hole and d**che and they don't even get a public warning.

Second, there are some here who would argue that what he said was not far from the truth.

Third, when you ban someone for an extended period, who is as passionate as someone like PJ is, you are putting them in a "nothing left to lose" situation. Like everyone else here I often bite my tongue, let insulting posts pass without comment, write something and delete it before sending, or just leaven out a post a little bit. Because we have incentive.

But, when you ban someone for two years -- why should they obey your rules? What's the incentive? In particular, the rule about aliases? Now in no way am I saying that PJ is back under an alias. What I am saying is that -- with a long term ban -- you make having one or more aliases an attractive option to remain a part of the conversation here. And what you end up getting is a poster who doesn't have to play by the rules. Didn't like a poster when he was trying to play nice but got banned anyway? Guess what? You're definitely not going to like the same guy under an alias.

Creating an alias (or two, or three) is not like trying to hack into the NSA. From my reading it is pretty easy to mask yourself. And despite all the chest thumping about how replicants will be ferreted out, what I have seen is that unless a poster is a total numbnuts and basically stamps their posts with an old ID, guys with aliases operate here with impunity. More often than not it is another poster who IDs an alias long before the mod.

So that's it. I don't see the logic of banishing a longtime member of the community for such a long time that they have no incentive to wait the sentence out.

I understand it is not anyone's call except the mods and owners. Just my opinion.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Think the main problem is not about *what is the truth* and *what is right*.
Never had really a problem with PJ. He has very sure a lot of knowledge-but a bit rigid and stubborn.
And to follow a *straight rule* to ban ppl is always hard on such a great forum.

And here are for sure (just my personal opinion) ppl who would deserve it much more than PJ.

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am one of those that bought Stan's DVD and am having trouble trying to figure out how to connect with the CTE method. I've set up the shots diagrammed and am still spinning my wheels. There are times when I must be hitting on it because some of the shots go in. However, I feel like I am manipulating the shot and am more lucky at making it then the system working for me.

I would like to see some dialogue that would help us, who don't get it, achieve some results. I know that I am probably holding onto old habits and not using my eyes correctly but without any personal instructions I just don't know what to change. I know the visuals, I know you are suppose to hit CCB. I find myself, after lining up the visuals, still looking for a point to aim. I don't understand how to rotate my body because I don't understand what it is I am suppose to do.

I wish that those here that, that don't see it yet, chime in with what problems they are having. I am hoping that someone will say something that will turn a light on. From everything that everyone says that understands and is able to execute CTE, this sounds like the system that one has to know to improve upon their skills.

I know that there is a reluctance to offer up any info because of people looking for instruction that haven't bought the DVD, but I have and from what I read, there are a lot of people out there that have and are also struggling. I plan on buying Stan's new one when available.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Last edited:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree (except the permanent part) and here's why: first off the offense was not so bad when you take into consideration that you have guys here calling long time members p*ssy and a**hole and d**che and they don't even get a public warning.

Second, there are some here who would argue that what he said was not far from the truth.

Third, when you ban someone for an extended period, who is as passionate as someone like PJ is, you are putting them in a "nothing left to lose" situation. Like everyone else here I often bite my tongue, let insulting posts pass without comment, write something and delete it before sending, or just leaven out a post a little bit. Because we have incentive.

But, when you ban someone for two years -- why should they obey your rules? What's the incentive? In particular, the rule about aliases? Now in no way am I saying that PJ is back under an alias. What I am saying is that -- with a long term ban -- you make having one or more aliases an attractive option to remain a part of the conversation here. And what you end up getting is a poster who doesn't have to play by the rules. Didn't like a poster when he was trying to play nice but got banned anyway? Guess what? You're definitely not going to like the same guy under an alias.

Creating an alias (or two, or three) is not like trying to hack into the NSA. From my reading it is pretty easy to mask yourself. And despite all the chest thumping about how replicants will be ferreted out, what I have seen is that unless a poster is a total numbnuts and basically stamps their posts with an old ID, guys with aliases operate here with impunity. More often than not it is another poster who IDs an alias long before the mod.

So that's it. I don't see the logic of banishing a longtime member of the community for such a long time that they have no incentive to wait the sentence out.

I understand it is not anyone's call except the mods and owners. Just my opinion.

Lou Figueroa

When we have the same conversation over and over...year after year.
It isn't a war of attrition, where he gets to break my will down. Calling these people who come here to share, sell, give...I don't care how they phrase it, liars and crooks and snake oil salesmen..etc Goes way past opinion. Right on into rule breaking. How many warnings were given? Many, I assure you.
As to alias part..I have tools that I use to check these things. sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
While there are people who are certainly back on AZB having snuck back in...they will eventually revert to form and once discovered..be banned again. If someone becomes a big enough PITA an email to their service provider can ( and will ) bring that to a halt.

If someone ( on rare, very rare ) occasion gets Mike to overturn my decision to ban them..it is a reprieve.

What is it they have to offer the board that out weighs the negative aspects of their presence?
PJ isn't dumb and my stance toward him isn't personal. This is the sole reason that he has been allowed to return in the past and that his ban wasn't permanent this time.
I don't believe he's disingenuous in that he'd prefer to sneak at all.
He want's people to know what he thinks and to know it is his opinion.
That portion is honorable.

As for the guys who sneak back, if I catch them, they are banned. They are forced to remain anonymous. If they had / have any strong character, what fun is that for them? Like I said, they revert to form and are removed....again and again.

Just like fishing..will I catch them all? Some escape. Some don't take the bait. Some get wary of the fisherman and stay away.

Some......I even put back where others get fried.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am one of those that bought Stan's DVD and am having trouble trying to figure out how to connect with the CTE method. I've set up the shots diagrammed and am still spinning my wheels. There are times when I must be hitting on it because some of the shots go in. However, I feel like I am manipulating the shot and am more lucky at making it then the system working for me.

I would like to see some dialogue that would help us, who don't get it, achieve some results. I know that I am probably holding onto old habits and not using my eyes correctly but without any personal instructions I just don't know what to change. I know the visuals, I know you are suppose to hit CCB. I find myself, after lining up the visuals, still looking for a point to aim. I don't understand how to rotate my body because I don't understand what it is I am suppose to do.

I wish that those at there that, that don't see it yet, chime in with what problems they are having. I am hoping that someone will say something that will turn a light on. From everything that everyone says that understands and is able to execute CTE, this sounds like the system that one has to know to improve upon their skills.

I know that there is a reluctance to offer up any info because of people looking for instruction that haven't bought the DVD, but I have and from what I read, there are a lot of people out there that have and are also struggling. I plan on buying Stan's new one when available.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Dougster26,

Since you know the visuals, try this with PRO ONE.

Set up a simple left cut to a side pocket that is also a dead bank cross the side.
Make the cut to the side just enough that your rotation must come from the inside or the from the left. ( for a right handed player. )

Mark or dot the balls. Ideally the CB OB will be a 1.25 diamonds apart out in the middle of the table for this exercise.

Now for the left cur to the side. Rotate to CCB from the inside. You may feel your left shoulder lead the way. Turn directly to CCB and shoot. Your eyes should have moved to the shot line. It is also ok if your feet moved as well during this visual sweep to the left.

Next, Same set up. Instead of turning with a visual sweep from the left, bend right to the shot or directly over and shoot a dead bank cross side. Your eyes will have moved to the right directly to the shot line. Shoot your bank as a stop shot.

Perhaps someone could diagram this out on table and I can confirm its correctness.

The visuals for the cut to the side are:

LCBE TO OBA
CCB TO ROBE
LEFT VISUAL SWEEP

The visuals for the bank cross side are:

LCBE TO OBA
CCB TO ROBE
RIGHT VISUAL SWEEP

**CCB IS YOUR TARGET FOR EACH SHOT.

Stan Shuffett

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm right handed and here's how I do it.

Right pivot, after visuals are established I just bend down into the shot.

Left pivot, I rotate my left shoulder toward the shot as I'm getting down. It's the same as a manual left pivot except it's being done before getting down on the shot.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm right handed and here's how I do it.

Right pivot, after visuals are established I just bend down into the shot.

Left pivot, I rotate my left shoulder toward the shot as I'm getting down. It's the same as a manual left pivot except it's being done before getting down on the shot.

Yes, it is that simple.

The mindset for each shot should be, it's like a straight-in. Just move left or right to CCB.

Your visual movement to the shot line is equal for every shot on the table.

PRO ONE is just SEE and SHOOT.

CTE PRO ONE is a finite system. The variables are set.
It is your job to learn the visuals.

Let' say you have a right cut to a corner.

At first, ask yourself is it C with CTE. Try out both rotations and see if you connect with a pocket. You will be surprised!!

If C does not take you to your desired pocket, try B with CTE and both rotations.

Every single right cut on the table will go somewhere with a C or B OB aim coupled with CTE visual. YOU CAN NOT ALIGN YOURSELF DIRECTLY BEHIND EITHER LINE. WILL NOT WORK.

I am committed in every way possible to impart this great system to all who are sufficiently motivated to learn it.

Stan Shuffett

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
Yes, it is that simple.

The mindset for each shot should be, it's like a straight-in. Just move left or right to CCB.

Your visual movement to the shot line is equal for every shot on the table.

PRO ONE is just SEE and SHOOT.

CTE PRO ONE is a finite system. The variables are set.
It is your job to learn the visuals.

Let' say you have a right cut to a corner.

At first, ask yourself is it C with CTE. Try out both rotations and see if you connect with a pocket. You will be surprised!!

If C does not take you to your desired pocket, try B with CTE and both rotations.

Every single right cut on the table will go somewhere with a C or B OB aim coupled with CTE visual. YOU CAN NOT ALIGN YOURSELF DIRECTLY BEHIND EITHER LINE. WILL NOT WORK.

I am committed in every way possible to impart this great system to all who are sufficiently motivated to learn it.

Stan Shuffett

Stan,

You say above: "The mindset for each shot should be, it's like a straight-in. Just move left or right to CCB."

My question is: how much should we move left or right? In my mind, depending on how much left or right we move our eyes, we end up with a different CCB / different angle of attack for the cue...or am I wrong?

Jal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has 2 years to think about it.

I considered the options and made a choice.

2 years is a very long time.
What a damnable shame. I guess the AZB mythology engine can run full tilt now without Patrick here to bring some semblance of reality back into the discussions.

Jim

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,

You say above: "The mindset for each shot should be, it's like a straight-in. Just move left or right to CCB."

My question is: how much should we move left or right? In my mind, depending on how much left or right we move our eyes, we end up with a different CCB / different angle of attack for the cue...or am I wrong?

The entire reason for manual pivoting is for testing shots. All shots go in CTE PRO ONE with a left or right 1/2 tip pivot or rotation to CCB,

In PRO ONE, the manual pivot is eliminated because the eyes move to the shot line. That visual sweep is always equal to a 1/2 tip rotation.

So, move to CCB and whack it and if you make it you know you did it correctly.
The movements are natural and allow you to immediately start falling on the shot lines.

IMPORTANT:
If your visuals are not accurate your rotations will be faulty. In others words, if the LBCE is perceived to OBA, it must be accurate. The LCBE can't be aimed to inbetween A and B. Your perception of the visuals will always continue to refine.

Also, if you directly align yourself behind the aim line or CTEL, your rotations will be faulty.

The LESSON. See the visuals correctly and your rotations will begin to connect you with the pockets. You will be quite surprised.

Work on the 2 shot example I present in a previous post. Then all of this will begin to make sense.

Stan Shuffett

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I actually liked pj and will miss his sophisticated banter.

Think the main problem is not about *what is the truth* and *what is right*.
Never had really a problem with PJ. He has very sure a lot of knowledge-but a bit rigid and stubborn.
And to follow a *straight rule* to ban ppl is always hard on such a great forum.

And here are for sure (just my personal opinion) ppl who would deserve it much more than PJ.

I actually liked pj and will miss his sophisticated banter. It's because of him that I had to learn this Touch Of Inside system inside and out. He really liked when I "forgot" to preface the word "perceived" before margin of error concerning the 3Part Pocket System. I'm imagining it was just rhetorical.

He prefered thinking of TOI as having a "superior pocket acceptance angle," or something like that. I forgot to ask him, and I guess we won't be hanging out together any time soon.
:frown:

rhetriang.gif