If you could have any table for free???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
I think...

a 9 ft model of a 1945 Brunswick Centennial would just about do it for me. Absolutely gorgeous and a real pleasure to play on.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 290

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue

Diamond Blue Label for me. The truest table I have ever played on, plus it is made here in the USA.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
But, that's not a Brunswick...that's a "Gregory" original, Brunswick never built a table that plays that good;):D

That's the 2nd great Centennial I've seen from Mark, or is that Dean's table too? I know Dean was looking to sell his.

Kevin

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I'd take a Brunswick Kling, restored by Mark Gregory and then set up modern by either Gregory or RKC.

Please.

Hurry.

Kevin

My choice as well. Grew up with a 5x10 Kling in our parlor
and was allowed to begin play in the late 1940's.

Dad sold it while I was "vacationing" in Southeast Asia in the 1960's.
I was devastated but soon got over it, as Uncle Sam kept my mind
and body occupied with other things.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's the 2nd great Centennial I've seen from Mark, or is that Dean's table too? I know Dean was looking to sell his.

Kevin

Pictured is a 10' snooker table convereted to a 10' drop pocket pool table, Dean bought a 9ft. Mark has more in inventory for sale if anyone's interested:D

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
this is as simple a question as they come...

I would prefer the table I have now (My grandfathers Brunswick Regina) completely restored to original condition (as far as wood work, etc...) and then have it Cobracized!!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
My choice as well. Grew up with a 5x10 Kling in our parlor
and was allowed to begin play in the late 1940's.

Dad sold it while I was "vacationing" in Southeast Asia in the 1960's.
I was devastated but soon got over it, as Uncle Sam kept my mind
and body occupied with other things.

I sat in my dorm room listening to the radio as they pulled the lottery numbers for that tropical vacation. Mine came up 312 so I never got to go. I hear the weather was balmy.

TimSmith

Wanna Be Banger
Silver Member
9' Diamond Smart Table with Tournament Blue 860 Simonis cloth just to see if you will pm me for my address to have it shipped!

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
this is as simple a question as they come...

I would prefer the table I have now (My grandfathers Brunswick Regina) completely restored to original condition (as far as wood work, etc...) and then have it Cobracized!!

I have an old Regina that I actually got on CL for FREE! Needs A LOT of TLC, but it's very cool to look at. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. VERY cool table!

Pre-Flag Master

Cue Ball Man
Silver Member
Properly installed, they all play the same.

Pro-Ams have a ball return system and are made for a 1-piece slate. Pro-Ams are popular for tournaments because they can be moved quickly; the legs come off and the entire bed moves as one piece.

The Professional and Paragon are both drop pocket tables and have a leveling system made for 3 piece slate. The only differences between the the two are styling, price and the type of wood they are available in. Any table that has Dymondwood rails will not have the rounded corners because it's so hard on the tools.

Thanks for the info. :thumbup2:

Well then for me it's the Diamond Paragon (with 1-piece slate, just because I want my cake and eat it too ;)).

EDIT: http://www.diamondbilliards.com/index.php/home-tables/paragon

Fatz

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
9 foot pro-am, in cocobola (okay, I'll settle for cherry finish). I'm gonna get one, too! (as soon as the wife agrees...) :thumbup:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Rob, think about this for moment. If Brunswick had it right as yout put it, and Diamond copied Brunswick's design, then that means I shouldn't be able to take a brand new GC and make it play better than it was built, right? Diamond is not using the same spec's as Brunswick does, and I'll clear that up for you. Brunswick's down angle for mounting the cushions is 23.5 degrees bevel, with a sub-rail thickness of over 1 11/16" thick. Diamond's is 24.5 degrees down angle, with an exact 1 11/16" thick sub-rail. Diamond's pocket angles are 141/102 with a 15 degee down angle. Brunswick's are 142/104 with a 13 degee down angle, but most of the miter angles in the pockets are inconsistant, meaning not the same from corner pocket to corner pocket, as well as in the side pockets, so you don't really know what they are.

So now, where is the "copy" of Brunswick's design that has made the Diamond's play so much better today? The table mechanic that told you Diamond copied Brunswick was wrong;)

Glen

I did not say exact copy... I said basically copied/on steroids....diamond made the changes with extending the slate shelf... Other than that Brunswick almost had it pinned..so other than 1 degree and 1/16 of a inch their specs are the basically the same minus the slate shelf and the miter pocket angle..... You want to know something else that's scary...? I ran into a pool table from Italy made by the de blasi billiardi company that is moons older than diamond but once looking at the hardware and fit you'd swore it was related to the earlier round of diamond pool tables ...oh' the de blasi subrail is 1-11/16ths .. The pocket angles are crazy as a shit house rat but de blasi was working on quality and perfection..

Rob.M

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
9 foot pro-am, in cocobola (okay, I'll settle for cherry finish). I'm gonna get one, too! (as soon as the wife agrees...) :thumbup:

So, you don't have it yet....I guess that means you're still washing the dishes, doing the laundry, cleaning house, and cooking right?:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.