If you could have any table for free???

Status
Not open for further replies.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I did not say exact copy... I said basically copied/on steroids....diamond made the changes with extending the slate shelf... Other than that Brunswick almost had it pinned..so other than 1 degree and 1/16 of a inch their specs are the basically the same minus the slate shelf and the miter pocket angle..... You want to know something else that's scary...? I ran into a pool table from Italy made by the de blasi billiardi company that is a bit older than diamond but once looking at the hardware and fit you'd swore it was related to the earlier round of diamond pool tables ...oh' the de blasi subrail is 1-11/16ths .. The pocket angles are crazy as a shit house rat but de blasi was working on quality and perfection..

Rob.M
All pool tables share the same basics, yet they're all different, and some of them are only slightly different than others, yet still different. The differences you pointed out, are huge when it comes to how a pool table plays from before, to after the changes are made, which means the changes are important. Like I said, I can take a brand new GC5 and make it play better than Brunswick built it new, but today...I can't make a new Diamond play better than the factory builds them;)

Glen

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond Blue Label for me. The truest table I have ever played on, plus it is made here in the USA.

I agree 100% with this statement. I'm sorry but it's hard to ignore the fact that Diamond is made right here in the US of A by guys that truly love our sport. It's also a superior table. The slate is better. The rails are better. The pockets are better. The ball-return is even better. In 30 years, that Diamond table is going to look just like it did when you bought it. I can't say the same for any Brunswick. After 10 years, they always look used, sometimes REALLY used. I will take genuine wood and leather over plastic any day of the week.

Idaho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rob, think about this for moment. If Brunswick had it right as yout put it, and Diamond copied Brunswick's design, then that means I shouldn't be able to take a brand new GC and make it play better than it was built, right? Diamond is not using the same spec's as Brunswick does, and I'll clear that up for you. Brunswick's down angle for mounting the cushions is 23.5 degrees bevel, with a sub-rail thickness of over 1 11/16" thick. Diamond's is 24.5 degrees down angle, with an exact 1 11/16" thick sub-rail. Diamond's pocket angles are 141/102 with a 15 degee down angle. Brunswick's are 142/104 with a 13 degee down angle, but most of the miter angles in the pockets are inconsistant, meaning not the same from corner pocket to corner pocket, as well as in the side pockets, so you don't really know what they are.

So now, where is the "copy" of Brunswick's design that has made the Diamond's play so much better today? The table mechanic that told you Diamond copied Brunswick was wrong;)

Glen

My answer is GCV. Glen, do you ever answer the question, or do you just like hijacking threads to spout your opinion?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My answer is GCV. Glen, do you ever answer the question, or do you just like hijacking threads to spout your opinion?

I told you what I was going to do everytime you mouth off at my posts I DA HO.

That is a lie

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=199446
I agree. If he actually has THE method and claims to want to share, then by all means do it. If not, quit playing games like the cue/level thread. I can see it now, OTLB "I'm huge overseas". Just him and David Hasselhoff.
In this thread, you're not a table mechanic, had no reason for posting, yet...you did post with your sarcastic comments.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=197600
Awesome job. You amaze me everytime. Now if I can just find a good used 9 footer that you can fit in your schedule I'll be set.
Here in this thread, you actually paid me a complement, thank you Idaho!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=200188
I bought a Gold Crown off craiglist 7 hours from my house for what I thought was a great deal. I shot a hail-mary PM to Glen, aka Realkingcobra, to see if there was any way he could fit me in. He showed up with my table 4 days later and went to work. The good news is I finally found a gold crown in the NW for sale, the bad news is it was a Heinz 57. It was a combination of Gold Crown I, II, and III parts with two different kinds of slate (different thickness). Glen showed up with Zach, aka Reverend, and they turned my new coat-of-many-colors into a great playing table. Zach worked his butt off under the watchful eye of Glen and turned out a great table. If anyone in Arizona, or the West for that matter, is looking for table work in the future I highly recommend him. Glen will probably post the photos of the build later as a "buyer beware", but the finished product is something I am very proud to own and play.

PS

Zach loves pizza as much as Glen likes coffee and Dr. Pepper.

Once again, made you happy as a customer, and really went out of my way from California up to Idaho to deliver your newly bought GC...although when I first saw the table, I knew right there and then this table was a bastard table and would require some serious work to get it up to playable condition...but, you didn't know what you bought, so I was stuck in the deal...I was already there to pick it up!!

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=200251
Look people, if you're in the market to buy a used GC of any model, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into first. Ask questions, like who worked on it last...do you have his phone number so I can ask him about the table you're offering for sale?

Do you know much about the table you're offering for sale?

I'm going to give all of you some questions to ask of anyone selling a Diamond or Gold Crown that you can ask first...and get answers to...before you pull the trigger on buying a pool table....so maybe you'll avoid what happened to Kyle....when he bought a GC1/2/3....made up of all different GC parts, including the slates....2 head end unmatching slates, and a center slate out of some other set of slates...different thicknesses and all. This is what $1,000 bought...sight unseen, but swarn to be in great shape...GC3!

Lets start with what the slates looked like when I got to the location to pick up this table:grin:

This table had 2 head end slates 1" thick with 1" wood backing, and the reason I say head slates is because there was no relief in the foot slate to allow room for the score counters, so Zach had to grind off the edge of the slate to allow room for the score counters...turning one head slate into an end slate. Then the center slate was from a newer version GC3 because though it was 1" thick, it only had a 3/4" backer board, so it didn't match up with the other slates at all, which is why all the plaster from the last mechanic.

The rail skirts were from GC1's and 2's, while the ball box was from a GC3. Legs were from a GC3, but the frame was from a GC2, and the cross members were from a GC1. Rails...they were the only thing matching, as well as the pocket castings. Ball return was GC3.

It took Zach 2 full days to level the slates, fill and glue the seams. Then apply bondo to the seams, and sand it flat using my special tools to insure the slate and seams were flat and wouldn't cause any balls to roll off, so even though the slates were really pretty much screwed...he made them turn out perfect.

Not going to bore you with all the details, but after all the prep work was done, and the rails gone through, cushions reglued, facings replaced, Zach installed the cloth on the rails and slate...this job from hell was over.

In the following pictures, you can see the table turned out as perfect as could be with what we had to work with, Kyle was just blown away that it could even be fixed up....let alone the way it turned out as a finished product as well....as Zach:grin:

Zach learned quite a bit about being a billiards technician on this table....you can take that to the bank:grin:

Great job Zach, customers in Phoenix have no clue what they're getting when you finish up training buddy....but they'll find out soon enough once you get back home....and schools out!!!

View attachment 150975

View attachment 150976

View attachment 150977

View attachment 150978

Glen, the "Realkingcobra"...with a watchfull eye on Zack...believe me people...he's an upcoming great, top of the line "Billiards Technician":grin:

It is an awesome playing table. When they rolled in I was seriously considering putting it in the shed and looking for another table. Those guys do outstanding work. I am very pleased with how it turned out.
I don't need to read it. Notice who's hand I'm shaking at the end of it. Zach is an awesome table mechanic and he's welcome here anytime. Glen, you will never be welcome in our home again. My wife said that she has never been treated with less respect by a man in her life. She fed you like a king and never heard thank you once. Happy trails Glen
We're done with you as well. Happy trails dipshit.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=205870
Welcome to the club, lol. I bought one that might be worse than yours, and RKC and Reverend got it playing lights out. Good luck, you'll be happy when your done.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=209967
Glen and Zach picked up and installed my GC a few months ago. He does amazing work. You will be more than happy when that coffee/Dr. Pepper drinking sucker pulls out of you driveway:)
Glen is meticulous when it comes to fixing a table. I didn't get my cushions replaced and pockets tightened when he set up the table for financial reasons, but the only people I'd call to do the job is him or one of the mechanics he's trained.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=209144
I use the Delta 13 rack and have been very happy with it. I bought the cheap one and got used to noise after a few days. When my table was set up by Glen, aka Realkingcobra, he traced around it and I love it because it's so easy to rack. I never look at the spot anymore. Best of luck to you.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=212990&page=2
I don't care who you are, that's funny RKC.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=254297
Glen does awesome work. He posted about the work he did on my table and after over a year of playing on it, it still plays lights out. I would highly recommend him

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=290634
I agree. Glen does great work. There is a thread somewhere about my table and the job he did to make it play good. Two years later it plays just as good. Now I just need to catch him when he's coming through next time to "Cobraize" it.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=317591
Glen, you don't want to go down that road. I beat you three racks straight when my table was done and I'm a C+ at best. I would bet Mark has a few gears that I don't. I think Mark has a valid argument in this thread. Glen tends to tout himself as the be-all/end-all of mechanics, but I for one (my wife makes two) would never let him pull in my driveway again. He did great work, but took twice as long as stated, called me at midnight one night, and was rude to both my wife and I. We catered to his every need and he never once told my wife thank you. Zach, on the other hand, was very respectful and is welcome here anytime (and he did all the work). When Glen pulled out of our driveway my wife said that Glen is never welcome here, and if I need table work done to buy Zach a plane ticket to do it.
It had more to do with the way he treated my wife. She fed him like a king and he never once said thank you. He left cigarette butts all over outside, Dr. Pepper cans and trash all over inside, then took a dump and bragged about how he stunk up that end of the house when there was a can of spray next to the head. I gave him a DeWalt drill that was like the ones he uses and he just looked at it and said "huh", no thank you. We are very neighborly and treated him the way we treat any visitor in our home. He is a classless tool that will never be welcome here. It's no wonder he is single and lives in a box truck. He has the maturity of a ten year old. Zach, on the other hand, was very respectful and a pleasure to deal with. Glen belittled him a time or two, but he just kept working and kept his mouth shut. I felt sorry for him because he got stuck with Glen way longer than he originally promised.
Glen, that is exactly how it was while you were here. You're memory may be slipping, but I guarantee my wife remembers the time you were here like it was yesterday.
I didn't say anything on here that wasn't 100% truth. Have you mixed up with someone else? You just linked a thread with pics from my house idiot. Zach (Reverand) was great to deal with and very professional while you were an absolute tool. If anyone would like to visit about it, just send me a PM.
Who's losing sleep here Glen? Funny how chatty you get when you're wrong.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=321065
I have followed the careers of both Glen and Mark Gregory over the last few years. I would bet money, and have seen, that Glen doesn't want any part of a match between them measuring mechanic ability. Glen will come back with the fact that he taught Mark everything he knows, but its become pretty obvious lately that Glen is full of sh!t in that department. It's sad that Glen is allowed to bully every other table tech off of here, so he is considered "the guy" in his own little world.

It is true that I thought I'd have him back later to do more work in my table, but that was only because I was new to AZ and didn't know any other mechanics. I'd let Zach, Mark, or Donny work on my table now that I know about them, but I wouldn't let Glen eat the peanuts out of my sh!t

"and yes, I'll even pay the shipping back". Are you seriously trying to look like the Good Samaritan here? You told him his rails would be done and back to him 2 months ago, all the while holding his coin. ALL HE WANTED WAS HIS RAILS FIXED TWO MONTHS AGO LIKE YOU PROMISED. how hard is that for you to understand?

Then why did you tell him he'd have them two months ago and not reply to his questions? If you had been honest he could have shipped the rails to Donny, Zach, Mark, or a number of other guys that could do the same work and had them a couple months ago. there is no excuse for dishonesty. This thread wouldn't have ever started had you been honest anytime during the three on this you had his rails.

Glen, I didn't get ran out at all. I had numerous PMs thanking me for calling you out. You've ran off most of the great mechanics on there with your ego. The deal is made?!?!? Tony made a deal in FEBRUARY, and you weren't honest enough to keep it. I'm sure Tony is like me, we'd have chosen another mechanic had we known the options now.

Glen, for heaven's sake, quit digging. He put a thread on here a few days before he called you out saying he had a Gandy without rails for sale because the guy that had his rails was unresponsive. So what exactly were you doing to help him set up his table then? If you had been honest and told him "I can't get to it, but here are the guys that can do the rails"' he would have been playing pool in the table he saved up for two months ago.

You're a classy son of a gun Glen. Safe travels.

So are you going to answer my question or just duck? This thread is about how you treated a customer poorly, and your reaction to it has out the exclamation point on your ability to take care of your clientele.

Ok Glen, I'll talk slow and loud because its pretty obvious you can't keep up on this thread
Q:. Why are you sending the rails AND the money back to the OP?
A: because you picked them up in FEBRUARY and told him he's have them in MARCH

Q: why are you butthurt that he/ we have called you out?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=163213
This isn't the first time Glen has sat on the guys goods AND his cash. But just listen to Glen, as we have no business on HIS forum, even if he does act like a dipshit.

Glen, you bullshit you're friends and ill bullshit mine. Do you really expect us to believe that Tony getting his rails back UNTOUCHED three and a half months later is to his liking? You're a piece of work.

In case you think this thread was the reason Tony got his money back, you're badly mistaken, all he had to do before this thread was text me that he wanted it back and I would have been gladly returned it...so don't even go there!!
Glen
Sounds familiar from a few years ago doesn't it?

It is obvious you don't care what Tony believes either.

So you want to bring his personal issues into this too? You haven't made a post before on here, but you drag the OP though the mud? Shame on you. I sent red rep your way and I hope others do the same.

Then I'm wrong, not afraid to admit it. You got defensive right off the bat and talked about "IRS issues", which was not appropriate. He piled on with the same BS.

Dirtbag? I've told nothing but the truth and anyone that questions that can send me a PM. My wife will attest to the way you treated her and our household while you were here. If you have a problem with me, then we can meet up and figure it out, you've yet to send a PM or call because you know what you did. You are the dirtbag, dipshit

You did plenty at our home that led to our decision that you're never welcome again. Zach, on the other hand, is welcome whenever. My wife said she had never seen such a pig as you. She fed you, packed Dr Peppers to you,and you never once thanked her. If you are calling me a liar, then I'm absolutely calling you out. Let me know next time you're in Idaho and we can figure it out. You're used to people calling you a liar, I'm not because I don't lie.

What did I lie about? She's sitting right here.

It's LIAR dipshit. I will TALK LOUD AND SLOW AGAIN BECAUSE OBVIOULSY YOU CAN'T KEEP UP

I didn't say anything because I was new to AZ and didn't know there were other guys out there that could do the same work. Knowing what I know now about you, I wouldn't let you polish my balls, let alone touch my table. And as for calling me a liar, send me a PM next time your in my area. I might not be able to whip you, but if you're feeling froggy, then jump fat man. Calling someone a liar is a big deal around here, especially if you're wrong.

That was a post from Zach moron. I've said multiple times that Zach is welcome here anytime, but not you. Safe travels

Read my post and look at the pics moron. Did I shake your hand for a pic when the job was done? No, because Zach did all the work and you were a tool. You came to the house at 10am the second day, when Zach had been working on the table for a couple hours. Zach was a great guy and is welcome here anytime, but you are a classless tool who keeps digging a bigger hole because you can't do the right thing.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=325510
Glenn is a liar

From RKC roughly six weeks ago:Before I sent Tony his money back by Walmart moneygram, I asked him if he was sure he wanted to go this route, he assured me that he did, So, I sent the money back...

Another helpful response from RKC. He's not only one of the biggest trolls on AZ, but also the king of not answering a question, but using plenty of smilies:):):wink::):)

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=329887
How many years did Diamond market tables that banked short? I would rather deal with larger facings than a table that didn't play true.
You didn't answer my question Glen. How many years did Diamond market their tables (that you say you designed) that bank short? Thanks so much for answering.
You're right, I don't know anything about it. Just going off of what you told me. How many years were they out before they fixed it? Seems weird you would set up all those tables that banked wrong.
Fair enough, thanks. You're very critical of other table manufacturers that have flaws in their tables, so I was wondering why you set up so many diamond tables with a flaw in the rails? BTW, you told me you designed the diamond pro-am, along with the fact you pioneered the marketing of McDermott cues. I can use smilies too

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=331693

More crap. Glen, did that guy get his rails back yet?

Best 2 out of 3 for $1k a man Straight pool to 150pts Race to 11 9 ball Race to 11 8 ball Winner breaks, rack you're own. I have a table and I would hope you approve with how it's set up. Say when fat man
You're a pool player, not a furniture installer, right? If you're feeling froggy, then jump fat man
Idiot, you know where I live if that was the case. I hear "I can't float $1k". Hell, I think I got the worst of the game with what you've spewed about your skills. Feel free to take this to PMs so we don't wreck the thread

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=336630
Don't let Glen get under your skin. He spouts off and defends it, even if proven wrong. And for the record...he's a banger. I played him 3 racks and he couldn't make 3 balls in a row.....on a table HE set up.
Yeah, you have all the answers. Like when you were at my house and said we had to drive 30 miles to town to buy shorter rail bolts. I said "why don't we just cut some down?" You said we couldn't do it until I explained we do shit like that every day in the ranch. Next thing I know trees a post on AZ on how to cut rail bolts down. Didn't take expert knowledge dipshit, just some common sense. Difference is, those with common sense don't toot their own horn when they figure it out. Preach on buddy
Here's the link.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=200543&highlight=rail+bolts

Many other chime in on ways to do it easier (which I also told him), but the moron keeps defending himself like he reinvented the wheel. RKC is an idiot, but talks LOUD and likes smiley faces while living in his van

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd take a Brunswick Kling, restored by Mark Gregory and then set up modern by either Gregory or RKC.

Please.

Hurry.

Kevin

I send the motion.... The Kling is the most ELEGANT Pool Table ever designed.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

When you talk about hijacking threads...you should have stopped right after you said GCV, but no...you had to add a personal attack on me as well...what in the hell is wrong with you? There MUST be something wrong, I've never had someone act the way you do, telling lie after lie....first you're happy with the work I did on your pool table, then you lie and say you wasn't happy. Then a year later, you're happy, then you're not. Then 2 years you're still telling everyone you're happy with how your table turned out....and that must be a lie, because then you're back to attacking me again....get a life dude!!

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.