BONUS BALL: ABP / Non-payment

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
If dey be so rich...how comes dey paying wid bonus balls instead of cash?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Stop asking questions. It's OBVIOUSLY magic!

Seriously hope BB has it's shit together this time, but things still smell more than a little funny. I like the approach of not releasing any info though...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Employment practices violation, plain and simple.

IMO, the case against blowus ball is a slam dunk. What is being done to the players is absolutely predatory and no court would ever find employer/ employees to be in equitable positions of power.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
If dey be so rich...how comes dey paying wid bonus balls instead of cash?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Cause Larry just "got some more BB money". We'll soon find how much, how its spent and how long it lasts. But for longevity, they'll need to get it on the air and presumably get some ratings.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cause Larry just "got some more BB money". We'll soon find how much, how its spent and how long it lasts. But for longevity, they'll need to get it on the air and presumably get some ratings.

Who dafaq gonna watch, if not people who like pool !?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Who dafaq gonna watch, if not people who like pool !?

That's the million dollar question. No... The 1.5 million dollar question. Oh wait, it might be becoming the 2 million dollar question.

I don't know how many viewers/sponsors/endorsers it takes to make over 2 million in PROFIT, but that seems like a tall mountain to me.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
do we know yet when the pre-recorded matches are going to air?
(2nd request)

From www.wbpltv.com:

"matches are being taped in front of a live studio audience for later broadcast".

So, if they've already locked down Eskimo ESPN16, they will air in 200 igloos soon. If they're now beating the bushes to lock down Fox Sports South Regional, us rednecks might be awaitin awhile. I hope they can pull it off properly.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lmao.
Come on people quit being so silly, Ms Tabb is not coming here hoping to get paid. You can bet your last cent she is well paid, and I'm sure better then the players, use your brain, she is here to keep an eye on it all for Mr. Hearn of matchroom.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I have been seeing them posted up on Facebook or just go to the WPBL site. https://www.facebook.com/wpbltvcom or www.wpbltv.com

thank you for the links - seriously - cause i don't do FaceBook.
and this is not directed @ you, but - they tell me NOTHING.
apparently we are already "resumed" as of OCT 7 (previous matches)?
but there's nothing about WHEN the NEW pre-recorded matches are going to be AIRED....just that Michaela's offically filling-in @ NOV 2.

is there some PRESS RELEASE from WPBL, that gives this info?

(again, thanks for chipping in!)

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Lmao.
Come on people quit being so silly, Ms Tabb is not coming here hoping to get paid. You can bet your last cent she is well paid, and I'm sure better then the players, use your brain, she is here to keep an eye on it all for Mr. Hearn of matchroom.

Still, it does seem odd.

Michaela Tabb doing Bonus Ball is like Abraham Lincoln hosting "Bowling for Dollars."

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
thank you for the links - seriously - cause i don't do FaceBook.
and this is not directed @ you, but - they tell me NOTHING.
apparently we are already "resumed" as of OCT 7 (previous matches)?
but there's nothing about WHEN the NEW pre-recorded matches are going to be AIRED....just that Michaela's offically filing-in @ NOV 2.

is there some PRESS RELEASE from WPBL, that gives this info?

(again, thanks for chipping in!)

I imagine shortly after videos are recorded they would air, so sometime in the month of November I believe they would be up on the site. Nathan might be able to give more info on that. Match videos recorded before the hiatus are being put up on the site with a new one every 48 hours.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I imagine shortly after videos are recorded they would air, so sometime in the month of November I believe they would be up on the site. Nathan might be able to give more info on that. Match videos recorded before the hiatus are being put up on the site with a new one every 48 hours.

i appreciate your info - thank you.
1) it's the holidays & Mosconi & we are trying to plan
2) i find the LACK of OFFICIAL info, incredible - if they want to drum-up business
3) i'm still on hold for Ken/Kim Spies from SEP

thank you again, Lenny. this post is NOT directed @ you personally.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay guys, here's the scoop from my sources. Larry found another investor/sucker to give him 50 grand. He has sent checks to most of the BB for past due amounts, half to 2/3rds of what they are owed, with the promise of complete back pay when they get to Vegas. They are also "promised" additional payments for all matches they play the first week in November.

Knowing this I don't think there's enough money to go around. Just do the math! I strongly suspect they will once again leave Vegas still being owed money. The smartest guys took what little money was sent to them and have opted to stay home.

By the way Nathan, you are NOT an employee if you are sending invoices for payment. You ARE a sub contractor. But how would I expect you to know that. You're a 'tech' guy!

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Bonus Ball/WPBL - phone #s

702.483.5552 - no way to get through to leave a message
800.951.9250 - x 1/Ken Spies - left another followup message from SEP 1ish

(called @ 3:30PST)

Last edited:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
By the way Nathan, you are NOT an employee if you are sending invoices for payment. You ARE a sub contractor. But how would I expect you to know that. You're a 'tech' guy!

It's funny, when I was writing my earlier post, I was aware I was making a mistake by saying "employee", but figured since the point was that I work *for* Larry, that no one would be petty enough to bother criticizing over a technicality.

But low and behold... lol

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's funny, when I was writing my earlier post, I was aware I was making a mistake by saying "employee", but figured since the point was that I work *for* Larry, that no one would be petty enough to bother criticizing over a technicality.

One again showing your arrogance for the truth Nathan. That's a LOT MORE than a technicality whether you're an employee or a sub contractor. Most of us on here who have owned businesses are aware of the difference, and it's a big one!

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

i caught it too - contract labor/1099'd - yet you were a "spokesman" for BB back in JUN?
so can you please give me a cell # for BB, or some direct answers?
i ask, cause we dropped $1500 in cancellations @ JUL (would have been $4K had we flown out).
thanks

Not exactly

Okay guys, here's the scoop from my sources. Larry found another investor/sucker to give him 50 grand. He has sent checks to most of the BB for past due amounts, half to 2/3rds of what they are owed, with the promise of complete back pay when they get to Vegas. They are also "promised" additional payments for all matches they play the first week in November.

Knowing this I don't think there's enough money to go around. Just do the math! I strongly suspect they will once again leave Vegas still being owed money. The smartest guys took what little money was sent to them and have opted to stay home.

Here's what I know:
The players were paid recently 1/3 of what they are owed. The checks have cleared.
The rest will be paid upon arriving in Vegas (personally, I am skeptical, but time will tell)
Over the first week of November, all the make up matches will be played. Players will not be paid according to the amounts agreed upon in the last contract. They will receive a flat fee (a fraction of the previous amount) for the few days of work.
The players received new contracts with the new pay scale included.

This is an effort to get a full season recorded. Once they have this, they will attempt to shop this to the networks. It is Larry's intention, IMO, to sell a finished package to an entity that can continue to produce this. The players are promised nothing past this season. This means that if the product that is "in the can" is sold, the new buyer can/will decide what previous players, if any, would come back and what they would be paid. In essence, the players that may be responsible for making this success, will receive virtually nothing for it.

There you have it folks. The immediate future of bonus ball.