AccuStats PPV Freezeup Making Me Nuts...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The title says it all...

been able to see a lot of good content.

been missing a lot, too.

best,
brian kc

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The title says it all...

been able to see a lot of good content.

been missing a lot, too.

best,
brian kc

KC,
I look forward to the DCC stream every year. The last time I was there in person was 2007 at the Executive West and it was more than memorable, if I remember correctly, after having been over-served at the bar lol.

Since then, I have bought every Derby stream available. This year, I too am beyond frustrated with the quality of the product. I have been sick with a cold this week and the DCC stream has been the sum of my entertainment. Been flat out sick and housebound.

Hey, I am an Accu-Stats fan and supporter. Something got broke this year and still hasn't gotten patched up. After watching for a few hours, I find myself stuttering.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... Maybe this is a plan to increase attendance ! by making the streaming (all DCC streaming..) more and more difficult to fully enjoy... VERY ingenious! :cool:

mastermind.jpg

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Fleming is a smart businessman. His DCC stream this year is about a .321.

Just sayin. Pat, please read this and recallibrate.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Stream picked up and man. was that worth watching. The kid banks better than anybody I've seen.

dudlock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
isn't that Danny D's stats?

That's about right.. Why doesn't Pat say something to D? Why does D have to put down his counterpart in the booth? Why does D have to go through that same explanation about why the lag in so important? Anybody but a total moron would know that you will get the last break if it's hill hill. Why call out that three rail safe after the break each time that it's available and then call for the overhead so he can diagram it once again? Doesn't anyone with even a cursory knowledge of one pocket know that shot?? D is a good man and I love him to death but he can be a trip. He can call for some shot's that can't go, also..

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
That's about right.. Why doesn't Pat say something to D? Why does D have to put down his counterpart in the booth? Why does D have to go through that same explanation about why the lag in so important? Anybody but a total moron would know that you will get the last break if it's hill hill. Why call out that three rail safe after the break each time that it's available and then call for the overhead so he can diagram it once again? Doesn't anyone with even a cursory knowledge of one pocket know that shot?? D is a good man and I love him to death but he can be a trip. He can call for some shot's that can't go, also..

but he can sing like a songbird and throw a golf ball 100 yards straight through the goal posts. :smile:

least he used to...

and yeah, Chris, my stream finally straightened out too, so I could see the last maybe 20 minutes of the banks ring game.

holy crap can skyler shoot straight backs...real tight ones, like nothing.

how old is he?

freddy and scott said this was the best they ever saw.

that's a big statement.

best,
brian kc

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
but he can sing like a songbird and throw a golf ball 100 yards straight through the goal posts. :smile:

least he used to...

and yeah, Chris, my stream finally straightened out too, so I could see the last maybe 20 minutes of the banks ring game.

holy crap can skyler shoot straight backs...real tight ones, like nothing.

how old is he?

freddy and scott said this was the best they ever saw.

that's a big statement.

best,
brian kc

did you say: Mosconi????

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He has moments of brilliance but damn he was off on so many things - "He got him... No he didn't" "It's in...No it's not." "He missed....No he didn't". etc etc etc

I think at this point, Pat is just helping out an oldtimer.

As far as the freezing- I imagine it is still a hotel bandwidth problem.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I watched a stalev/ kiamco match from the 05 us open last night and diliberto/ wych were in the booth. 2/10, for the commentary.

I have never been tasked with such a job, so I shall refrain from claiming a monkey or child or I could do better.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I was in the control room for the One Pocket finals. Pat and crew are frustrated by the hotel's internet connection and other technical issues. Chris Renfro is LITERALLY on fumes having worked at least one of the days until 6am resolving a problem.

If you all knew the heart that it takes to bring all this equipment...spend days in advance setting it up and every minute sweating the details and the connections.....but I get it - that's not your problem and an inconsistent stream is hard to fade. Just saying that Pat and crew are feeling it too.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I was in the control room for the One Pocket finals. Pat and crew are frustrated by the hotel's internet connection and other technical issues. Chris Renfro is LITERALLY on fumes having worked at least one of the days until 6am resolving a problem.

If you all knew the heart that it takes to bring all this equipment...spend days in advance setting it up and every minute sweating the details and the connections.....but I get it - that's not your problem and an inconsistent stream is hard to fade. Just saying that Pat and crew are feeling it too.
+1

I have had to fade that hotels bandwidth issues before. Its brutal. I feel for Pat and his guys. I know it sucks for people watching but believe it not its worse for the people on the other end. I guarantee they are pulling their hair out.

It is a terrible feeling to be at the mercy of factors you can not control. For both the viewer and the streamer.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
+1

I have had to fade that hotels bandwidth issues before. Its brutal. I feel for Pat and his guys. I know it sucks for people watching but believe it not its worse for the people on the other end. I guarantee they are pulling their hair out.

It is a terrible feeling to be at the mercy of factors you can not control. For both the viewer and the streamer.

+2 on it.

what I don't get though is how John Doe in Phoenix and Bob Smith in Toronto are getting a "perfect stream" and Chris in SoCal and me in New England are chopping away.

Is that the hotel bandwidth or are there factors beyond accustats and the hotel contributing to the problem?

go easy on me; I still can't figure out how they get people inside my tv set. :eek: :grin:

I def feel for Pat and the crew.

best,
brian kc

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's official now - I'm nuts ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
+2 on it.

what I don't get though is how John Doe in Phoenix and Bob Smith in Toronto are getting a "perfect stream" and Chris in SoCal and me in New England are chopping away.

Is that the hotel bandwidth or are there factors beyond accustats and the hotel contributing to the problem?

go easy on me; I still can't figure out how they get people inside my tv set. :eek: :grin:

I def feel for Pat and the crew.

best,
brian kc

I dont even pretend to understand the in and outs of the interweb and how it really works but if its working for some and not others that means the stream from Accu-Stats to AudioVideoWeb is solid and the issue is between the end user and AVW somewhere. If the source stream is dropping then it would be bad for everyone because there would be missing data from the source.

Basically its black magic.