==============

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Sorry JoeyA sometimes I can't help myself. :grin-square:

Dang, ................

Aren't we cranky w/o our coffee . :grin-square:

Honestly, I prefer to see the glass as half full instead of half empty. From the start: the odds are 50/50, remember that.

I think the fame does not matter, its the name ppl remember best ! :thumbup:

Loved the "Positive Petula's " comment ! :smile:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I hope it's not something along the lines of "we lost with honor so we can feel proud of the team." The Mosconi Cup is about winning, not about, to borrow from Richard Nixon, "peace with honor."

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
I hope it's not something along the lines of "we lost with honor so we can feel proud of the team." The Mosconi Cup is about winning, not about, to borrow from Richard Nixon, "peace with honor."

Lets look at this for face value......

It is no secret that TEAM USA is a clear underdog this year. But thing is; they have less experience in pressure situations, that's all. They all know how to play the game. The game will be decided upon who gets the favorable rolls as always. I'm hoping the POOLGODS smile upon TEAM USA this year. :smile:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Lets look at this for face value......

It is no secret that TEAM USA is a clear underdog this year. But thing is; they have less experience in pressure situations, that's all. They all know how to play the game. The game will be decided upon who gets the favorable rolls as always. I'm hoping the POOLGODS smile upon TEAM USA this year. :smile:

I don't recall the rolls ever deciding the Mosconi. By all means, if you can offer an example of a year in which this was the case, I'm listening.

The Mosconi Cup is a marathon, not a sprint. Winning eleven matches before the other guys do is tough action, and a couple of rolls here and there aren't likely to be the difference.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

While im hoping for a win, which realistically is not likely. I will see it as progress if we lose without showing our ass to the world.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the correct answer.

Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk, where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?

Read more: Petula Clark - Downtown Lyrics | MetroLyrics

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
While im hoping for a win, which realistically is not likely, I will see it as progress if we lose without showing our ass to the world.

Our chances are better than you think, close to 40%, but the fact is that the Mosconi Cup as an event may be on life support unless Team USA wins this soon.

Sorry JoeyA sometimes I can't help myself. :grin-square:

P.S. Thanks Spartan ! :cool:

I read the "what if they win" thread and now I see this one and I'm just wondering one thing; Why would anybody want to win Mosconi's Cup? It's got to smell like shit.

Mosconi's Cup.jpg

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our chances are better than you think, close to 40%, but the fact is that the Mosconi Cup as an event may be on life support unless Team USA wins this soon.

Is that where the Ryder cup is ,, I hardly think so ,, if it looks like it did last yr maybe, but if we go down with a unified spirited fight , it will grow in interest not the other way around

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Is that where the Ryder cup is ,, I hardly think so ,, if it looks like it did last yr maybe, but if we go down with a unified spirited fight , it will grow in interest not the other way around

It has been a spirited fight in every year that the US was allowed to pick its own team. Unfortunately, in 2013, Matchroom saw it fit to pick every member of Team USA, and they probably got what they deserved, a team that was unprepared and not unified.

With one exception, for twenty years, Team USA has fought hard and fought well, so I'd be shocked if this year's team doesn't do just that.

America doesn't watch the Mosconi, with, perhaps, over 98% of the TV audience from Europe and Asia. Right now, millions of European and Asian viewers don't see American players as capable of winning the Mosconi. Nothing less than a win will change their minds.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a spirited fight in every year that the US was allowed to pick its own team. Unfortunately, in 2013, Matchroom saw it fit to pick every member of Team USA, and they probably got what they deserved, a team that was unprepared and not unified.

With one exception, for twenty years, Team USA has fought hard and fought well, so I'd be shocked if this year's team doesn't do just that.

America doesn't watch the Mosconi, with, perhaps, over 98% of the TV audience from Europe and Asia. Right now, millions of European and Asian viewers don't see American players as capable of winning the Mosconi. Nothing less than a win will change their minds.

Well to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results is the definition of insanity ,, so let's hope the results from at least from a viewer stand point is different ,,one things for sure its a sold out event so from that stand point it's a success
and certainly with a good product can gain at the gate , the same thing can be said from a viewer stand point be it online or recorded TV
Pool enthusiast want pool to jump into primetime it's along way from that , but if it's properly marketed with reasonable expectations it can be marketable to a smaller market ,, you have to crawl before you can walk. ,