wow SVB forfeits match vs Alcano

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcano called all his last ball, no matter how obvious they were. He called the referee's attention and reminded him about the rule. Shane did not attend the players meeting, which probably was the reason why he didnt call the 10. he unscrewed his cue after getting pissed about the rule. how is Alcano the "poor sportsman"?

It is called the blame game. They will blame everyone except Shane.
If you read earlier pages, there is one crazy nut who accused referee of unsportmanslike conduct. ROFL
I mean I cannot figure out how the referee can be unsportsmanlike when he is not a player

Affected Shane psychologically? I do not think so. Shane is a professional. After the incident, he went on to beat Biado in a money game. It could just be he lost to this unknown monster who played better than him for that particular match.

Some people are just drama queen and like to exaggerate and somehow they are now Shane's psychiatrist able to read his mind.
Shane is probably more affected by his loss to an unknown Cristian Gariando than that Ronnie match. Furthermore the winner's cheque is only $13K while the doubles events which starts 13 Dec pays champions $40K per pair which is $20K per player
Yes the doubles winner gets about double the singles champ.
So ya, Shane has bigger fish to fry and has probably forgotten the Ronnie match. And yes that is probably while Shane has partnered up with Orcullo

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
That's NOT what Jay said...

:p Jay said that in the player's meeting, it was specifically stated that the 10 ball must be called. It appears then that the rules were amended at least for this particular tournament. If SVB did not attend the players' meeting, then that is his fault. Nobody to blame but himself. For those that are saying that how come they do not see some players point or gestures toward the intended pocket for the 10 ball, there is no audio so how do you people know whether the players are verbally saying where they intended the ball to go?

Affected Shane psychologically? I do not think so. Shane is a professional. After the incident, he went on to beat Biado in a money game. It could just be he lost to this unknown monster who played better than him for that particular match.

Me thinks you have reading comprehension problems because THIS is what Jay said...

"They are playing by WPA rules which states the Ten ball must be called! It was announced this way at the players meeting, which Shane failed to attend. I think the official and the TD made the right call here. If they had given Shane a break, then any player who didn't call the Ten would say Shane got a break, so why not me too? You CANNOT favor the top players when running a tournament. It's that simple. Shane KNOWS he is responsible for this and that's why he came back and played his match later."

I pointed out that this is NOT correct, and I quoted the WPA rules.

So the question is whether it was announced that they would be playing by WPA rules or whether it was announced they were required to call ALL ten ball shots or both.

I merely pointed out that WPA rules do NOT state that all ten balls must be called.

I also pointed out that IF they had said they were playing by WPA rules that Shane should've been given a warning prior to being assessed a penalty and that I would've personally reminded an opponent that he was required to call the ten ball on all shots IF that was what was said at the meeting.

At one of the Mezz tour events, I had a similar issue where the opponent didn't understand the rules from the player's meeting and we had to reiterate what the rules were.

It was handled prior to my shot so that there wouldn't be a question about it.

It is the gentlemanly thing to do and if we can't be professional and gentlemanly in our endeavors, then we are poor excuses for men.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
lol....

If you read earlier pages, there is one crazy nut who accused referee of unsportmanslike conduct. ROFL
I mean I cannot figure out how the referee can be unsportsmanlike when he is not a player

Some people are just drama queen and like to exaggerate and somehow they are now Shane's psychiatrist able to read his mind.
Shane is probably more affected by his loss to an unknown Cristian Gariando than that Ronnie match. Furthermore the winner's cheque is only $13K while the doubles events which starts 13 Dec pays champions $40K per pair which is $20K per player
So ya, Shane has bigger fish to fry and has probably forgotten the Ronnie match. And yes that is probably while Shane has partnered up with Orcullo

You DO realize that his loss to Gariando came AFTER this incident and could have been mostly due to lost focus from the psychological impact of THIS incident don't you????

I know from personal experience, when I'm incensed from an incident I can either start playing lights out or not make a ball. It HAS a psychological effect on people which is why people do it the majority of the time and it's chickenshit...

Jaden

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcano called all his last ball, no matter how obvious they were. He called the referee's attention and reminded him about the rule. Shane did not attend the players meeting, which probably was the reason why he didnt call the 10. he unscrewed his cue after getting pissed about the rule. how is Alcano the "poor sportsman"?

Shane probably figured in a big international tournament like this they would be using regular 10 ball rules.

I've never heard of a "call only the 10 ball" rule.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

:p You are right. Some posters on this forum are such drama queens that they always think they are right. I would not even waste my time now responding to their individual posts as it would just drag on and on and on. It does not matter that it was specifically stated that the 10 ball should be called in the players' meeting. Lots of SVB love in this thread. It appears he could do no wrong, could not lose, etc. And now they are experts in psychology too that they can know what Shane's mental disposition is in a particular match. For all we know Shane must be enjoying his extra day off playing money games. With him, Thorsten and Mika out, I am pretty sure they will be getting a lot of action from the unknown monsters.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I find it odd that we have 325 posts on this subject, often wondering what the rules are in that tournie.... but not one person on Shane's Facebook inquired about what rules they played under?

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
ive done the same, its an obvious shot, and at their level, two of the best, its not necessary to call if the shot is obvious. maybe shane felt that the pinoys are getting the better treatment, better calls. and don't reply with naive comments, like its below people to do that, obviously the host country will get the better calls. and shane has never been one to pull a stunt like this, hes always been respectful, so Im thinking it was more than one call that pushed him. im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt due to his reputation. and Alcano should know better, that's a ***** move, sry. you win with shot making, its not the freaking APA, what's next, pocket markers??:cool: LOL

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
:p Jay said that in the player's meeting, it was specifically stated that the 10 ball must be called. It appears then that the rules were amended at least for this particular tournament. If SVB did not attend the players' meeting, then that is his fault. Nobody to blame but himself. For those that are saying that how come they do not see some players point or gestures toward the intended pocket for the 10 ball, there is no audio so how do you people know whether the players are verbally saying where they intended the ball to go?

So, why did the ref wait until this game to enforce the rule ?? Cause he's an idiot, that's why. SVB did the right thing. Life is too short to play with morons. Plus, SVB is not exactly hurting for money.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Tournament promoters should use the same rules all of the time but it's their money and they have the right to change the rules.

Imagine a PGA event where they couldn't use a driver because the promoter of that event didn't like that club. Imagine how unbelievably dumb that would be, apply it to pool and remember how unbelievably dumb it is.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tournament promoters should use the same rules all of the time but it's their money and they have the right to change the rules. ...
Actually, if they have sanctioning from, for example, the WPA they give up the right to change the rules. The WPA regulations state explicitly that the WSR must be followed except if the promoter makes a written request to modify the rules and the WPA accepts those modifications. I assume the tournament was not WPA sanctioned.

As for the blame, I think there is plenty to go around. Shane should have asked whether any special rules were being used since he missed the players' meeting. The promoter should have noticed which players missed the players' meeting and made sure the absent players got clued in to the special new rule that might easily cause them to lose games. The referee should have called the no-call-on-the-10 error the first time it happened, but I also think he should have made sure that both players were aware that the match was being played with a stupid banger rule addition.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought molestation was molestation universally, but it may have been "called" molestation only.

Somebody posted that the brother of the disgruntled ex already confessed that the charges are bogus and was only an attempt to extort money from Alcano immediately after he won "big" money in the world championship. That is why it did not progress.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I thought molestation was molestation universally, but it may have been "called" molestation only.

It's sometimes called mentoring.

151784-bill-cosby-as-cliff-huxtable.jpg

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
OK, but no question that Alcano is a weird mother ****er right?

Somebody posted that the brother of the disgruntled ex already confessed that the charges are bogus and was only an attempt to extort money from Alcano immediately after he won "big" money in the world championship. That is why it did not progress.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Imagine a PGA event where they couldn't use a driver because the promoter of that event didn't like that club. Imagine how unbelievably dumb that would be, apply it to pool and remember how unbelievably dumb it is.

Pocket billiard governing bodies are mere shells, incapable of enforcing almost anything.

PGA event vs. Independent pool event.
APPLES vs. ORANGES.

JoeyA

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Pocket billiard governing bodies are mere shells, incapable of enforcing almost anything.

PGA event vs. Independent pool event.
APPLES vs. ORANGES.

JoeyA

Heck, my kid plays travel baseball, and goes to tourneys throughout the Midwest. Different groups setting them up, but what they don't do is add a BS rule to baseball before a tourney... it would just be silly.

I mean, they could if they wanted to, they could to assist the "home team" because there are always teams from the immediate area that play in the tourney, but they don't.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Silly Rule indeed.

Actually, if they have sanctioning from, for example, the WPA they give up the right to change the rules. The WPA regulations state explicitly that the WSR must be followed except if the promoter makes a written request to modify the rules and the WPA accepts those modifications. I assume the tournament was not WPA sanctioned.

As for the blame, I think there is plenty to go around. Shane should have asked whether any special rules were being used since he missed the players' meeting. The promoter should have noticed which players missed the players' meeting and made sure the absent players got clued in to the special new rule that might easily cause them to lose games. The referee should have called the no-call-on-the-10 error the first time it happened, but I also think he should have made sure that both players were aware that the match was being played with a stupid banger rule addition.

I too assume that the event was not WPA sanctioned.

For that privilege, I think the cost is $25,000 to the promoter. This "fee" could be the reason that this event was not sanctioned as well as many other tournaments. Maybe someone could clue me in to the COST for having an event sanctioned by the WPA.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
Heck, my kid plays travel baseball, and goes to tourneys throughout the Midwest. Different groups setting them up, but what they don't do is add a BS rule to baseball before a tourney... it would just be silly.

I mean, they could if they wanted to, they could to assist the "home team" because there are always teams from the immediate area that play in the tourney, but they don't.

See post below yours.
JoeyA