2014 us open unpaid prize money

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings Everyone,

My Good friend “Quan Do”, who is the 2014 National Champion of Vietnam went to the 2014 US Open in October. He placed in the top 16 player rankings. Which means he was supposed to be paid $3,000. He was given a check at that time, that did not go through. It bounced.

We have tried unsuccessfully to contact Barry and The US Open officials. But to no avail.

We realize that Barry may be focus on planning his 40th Anniversary Open. That is maybe why Barry has not replied back to us, hence the reason for this public email.

If there is anyone who can contact Barry or the officials of the US Open, please let them know of this situation.

Regards
Nam

P.s my email is leminhnam at gmail dot com

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings Everyone,

My Good friend “Quan Do”, who is the 2014 National Champion of Vietnam went to the 2014 US Open in October. He placed in the top 16 player rankings. Which means he was supposed to be paid $3,000. He was given a check at that time, that did not go through. It bounced.

We have tried unsuccessfully to contact Barry and The US Open officials. But to no avail.

We realize that Barry may be focus on planning his 40th Anniversary Open. That is maybe why Barry has not replied back to us, hence the reason for this public email.

If there is anyone who can contact Barry or the officials of the US Open, please let them know of this situation.

Regards
Nam

I realize you are making excuses for him but there is no excuse. In fact writing bad checks is a crime in the US. Want to get his attention, tell him if you do not hear back from him soon you will be contacting local police and let them deal with it. This is just Bullsh!t after a while.

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing is I dont have direct contact of Barry and we are living in Vietnam.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
jon-popcorn.gif

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
i thought it had been stated/assured that everyone has been paid. What a joke.....yet again. :(

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We waited ridiculously long enough and tried desperately to contact officials of US OPEN ...unsuccessfully before going public :(

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
The thing is I dont have direct contact of Barry and we are living in Vietnam.

I am not trying to make excuses for Barry but you say you have no contact for him. So how exactly have you tried to make contact with him to let him know. He should already know because of his bank account being off. Please tell us who you have tried to contact and how. We may be able to get you better info. Sorry you have not got your money yet, that does suck.

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We asked a US pro who also attended the US OPEN tourney to help us contacting Barry (this pro is also a friend of Quan Do). He contacted Roberta - secretary of Barry - at the end of October and nothing happened in the last two months. He told me that he contacted Roberta ton of times which is ridiculously weird. We and he do not have direct contact info of Barry.

JLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not trying to make excuses for Barry but you say you have no contact for him. So how exactly have you tried to make contact with him to let him know. He should already know because of his bank account being off. Please tell us who you have tried to contact and how. We may be able to get you better info. Sorry you have not got your money yet, that does suck.

Does it really matter? If the posters information is legit then the fact that Barry wrote a bad check to someone is enough of a problem. Another problem would be that Barry has done nothing to get the party in question his owed funds or it would have been done by now.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We asked a US pro who also attended the US OPEN tourney to help us contacting Barry (this pro is also a friend of Quan Do). He contacted Roberta - secretary of Barry - at the end of October and nothing happened in the last two months. He told me that he contacted Roberta ton of times which is ridiculously weird. We and he do not have direct contact info of Barry.

----------------deleted

Last edited:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Does it really matter? If the posters information is legit then the fact that Barry wrote a bad check to someone is enough of a problem. Another problem would be that Barry has done nothing to get the party in question his owed funds or it would have been done by now.

I 100% agree with you. My question was to see what contact had actually been made on the off chance that 1) Barry hadn't noticed it in his accounting 2) That Barry actually knew about it. Knowing now that Roberta has been informed I know that Barry has been alerted to the situation through the proper chain. This should not have happened in the first place and the delay that the OP has stated is too much. Lets see if Roberta comes on here as she is known to do and explain whats going on.

JLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not implying anything in a disrespectful manner.
It's too bad this same issue seems to repeat itself every year. I watched a few PPV's of this years US Open and was witness to Barry's drunk ramblings which was a complete turn off and very unprofessional. The guy is in love with himself and thinks its all about him.

Until the players boycott the event this will probably continue.
I thought I had read that all the prize money was in an escrow account?
Maybe that was last years US Open, boy time flies :D

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I was not implying anything in a disrespectful manner.
It's too bad this same issue seems to repeat itself every year. I watched a few PPV's of this years US Open and was witness to Barry's drunk ramblings which was a complete turn off and very unprofessional. The guy is in love with himself and thinks its all about him.

Until the players boycott the event this will probably continue.
I thought I had read that all the prize money was in an escrow account?
Maybe that was last years US Open, boy time flies :D

You need to keep checking in here and or bumping this thread. That way if there is a response you know what it is and also you can say how or what is the best way to contact you. Please keep us up to date on the results. Who was the pro who contacted Roberta? Was it a USA Pro player? Asking as it may be easier for Barry or Roberta to go through him. Just saying.

Sorry that was to the OP not you JLange

Last edited:

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings Everyone,

Regards
Nam

Go to the police in vietnam,and file a warrant for his arrest and have them contact him and or find a collection agency in where ever the us open was held and they will get your money. Rich aka the skunk.

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to keep checking in here and or bumping this thread. That way if there is a response you know what it is and also you can say how or what is the best way to contact you. Please keep us up to date on the results. Who was the pro who contacted Roberta? Was it a USA Pro player? Asking as it may be easier for Barry or Roberta to go through him. Just saying.

Sorry that was to the OP not you JLange

The pro was USA Pro player. As I said earlier, he contacted Roberta ton of times and nothing has happened. We waited 2 months and a half before going public.

leminhnam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can't file anything here in Vietnam to claim that kind of money. No legal basis to do that.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please stop telling someone in Vietnam to file legal action.

I'm pretty sure Roberta and BB know about the situation - and I assume they will make arrangements to resolve the issue.

To the OP - please keep this thread alive until you are paid.
Please let the AZB crowd know when you are paid.

It is possible that BB did not even realize the check was still out there. Sometimes things slip through the cracks. But now he is aware, he should resolve ASAP.

There is still no excuse for NSF checks during the payout process.

This is not a slam on BB - just trying to get he poor guy his money.

IF you have not gotten this resolved in next couple of weeks, please contact me. I will try to help resolve it.

Mark Griffin
markg@playcsipool.com
702-719-7665