Jayson Shaw's playing 1-hole 7 ahead for 90k

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time to retain some "help" for half the payday....

Probably should have kept the chips-then offered a percent to some big time gambler to cash them every other day or so. Might even find a third party to sell them back to Dippy for 75k. Anyway idda hung on to those chips even if i eventually had to throw them in the river. At least that way he is still out 90K and you have some bargaining position. Could be more facts coming out clearing this all up i hope.

PS_ If they were ARIA chips scott frost maybe could cash a couple

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This pretty mich sums it up...After sweating for 7 days id like to see em finish..ha ha ...

Both players posted first match: 90K cash posted by Chris's backer. Dave posted 90K in chips.. Chris wins first match. Dave wants to play second match for 90K Chris posts the 90K won from first set. Dave explains the money is not safe at location and needs to be put in the safe at Aria.. They then start second set and are 2-3 days into second match, Chris is up 4 games (makes incredible out to win game 4) and Dave says I quit to everyone there and goes to counter and pays the time!! Dave has skipped out holding-keeping "Chris's stake horse 90K post" as well as 4 additional games from second set equalling an additional 45K for total of 135K Dave needs to pay ASAP!!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw Incardona playing at DCC one year on a live stream wearing a money belt. Sounds like a good idea for times like this. Cash the chips and put the cash in the belt.

If this story is true maybe a change of nickname to low down dirty Dave would be more appropriate.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think gambling for big money....chips are perfect.
.....cashing them is a minor inconvenience....
.....and a nice problem.

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This pretty mich sums it up...After sweating for 7 days id like to see em finish..ha ha ...

Both players posted first match: 90K cash posted by Chris's backer. Dave posted 90K in chips.. Chris wins first match. Dave wants to play second match for 90K Chris posts the 90K won from first set. Dave explains the money is not safe at location and needs to be put in the safe at Aria.. They then start second set and are 2-3 days into second match, Chris is up 4 games (makes incredible out to win game 4) and Dave says I quit to everyone there and goes to counter and pays the time!! Dave has skipped out holding-keeping "Chris's stake horse 90K post" as well as 4 additional games from second set equalling an additional 45K for total of 135K Dave needs to pay ASAP!!

Insane story if this is 100% accurate.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

Backer has got to be in mental hospital after those events. That is the only logical reason dippy Dave is not dipping dots by now or on the latest cartoon of milk.

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member

How was he physically allowed/able to just 'walk out' owing the original money posted / chips won?

I'm so lost as to how he's able to walk - period - after that...

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
If this is what really happened, then my mind is having difficulty with figuring out this situation.

Dave Peat and Bartrum are "friends". So for Dippy to scam Bartrum, in my mind, narrows the possibilities of what really happened here.

Either Dippy isn't really a liquid millionaire at all and he is just performing scams on pool players and backers to have funds to get into a quick poker game and hopefully make a big score and pay the pool players off and make extra funds....or.....

It kind of makes sense to me that the above is the situation based on the video someone posted of the hand that Dippy beat Phil H out of. Dippy is going for the low-odds, big, quick score....and is definitely not playing poker to have the best odds of winning over the long haul...

It will be interesting to see what comes of this and if Bartrum as anything to say, as this may help to shape all of our opinions as to what really happened. (Not that what any of us think matters....it's just another interesting gambling situation to ponder).

If this is what really happened, then my mind is having difficulty with figuring out this situation.

Dave Peat and Bartrum are "friends". So for Dippy to scam Bartrum, in my mind, narrows the possibilities of what really happened here.

Either Dippy isn't really a liquid millionaire at all and he is just performing scams on pool players and backers to have funds to get into a quick poker game and hopefully make a big score and pay the pool players off and make extra funds....or.....

It kind of makes sense to me that the above is the situation based on the video someone posted of the hand that Dippy beat Phil H out of. Dippy is going for the low-odds, big, quick score....and is definitely not playing poker to have the best odds of winning over the long haul...

It will be interesting to see what comes of this and if Bartrum as anything to say, as this may help to shape all of our opinions as to what really happened. (Not that what any of us think matters....it's just another interesting gambling situation to ponder).

Or, another option- the both of them wised up and realized there wasn't a good reason to have this info on the street, and that the best resolution was for folks to think that there wasn't really a payoff.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Or, another option- the both of them wised up and realized there wasn't a good reason to have this info on the street, and that the best resolution was for folks to think that there wasn't really a payoff.

Makes sense....chips payoff with prorated for second set.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

Yeah, that's a good one too. I will go with this one if we hear nothing further about the backer going after Dippy for the money. Maybe this explains the whole Dippy/Scott & Billy situation? Doesn't seem like it.

Yeah, that's a good one too. I will go with this one if we hear nothing further about the backer going after Dippy for the money. Maybe this explains the whole Dippy/Scott & Billy situation? Doesn't seem like it.

Agreed, that if Dippy is seen walking/rolling around, anywhere, in the next 2 months, without parts of his body covered in plaster, we'll have our answer.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive seen plenty of stiffs in my life-guys who stiffed bookies too. Lots of examples on AZb over the years also-Anyone remember Boston and the 37.5k? They never get beat up. Talked to a bookie- He said it just doesn't pay in the long run -bad publicity plus you wind up in jail or more heat on you than you can handle. Much better to just stay in business.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This IRS stuff doesn't make any sense to me as a motive for silence ... The requirements are that a gambler keep a personal log of his wins and losses ... you are only taxed on profits, if there are any ... It's like an honor system out of necessity because there is no paper trail to access for the accounting.

Now if Peat stiffed Chris, and his camp is planning retaliation (a criminal offense) I would think that would be a more realistic motive for keeping quiet at this time.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
How did he get his hands on the "posted" money? The statement makes no sense.

Especially since I was told both players posted beforehand.

I'm calling Chris (or his stakehorse) a dummy if this is inaccurate.

If a known stiff that I can crush says he will only play for a year's salary if I post it with him, I'd be 1000 miles away from that action.

Either way, I'm glad that Chris outran a HUGE spot and showed his chops, it sucks a stiffer was allowed to pull another con.

Posting is a requirement, kids.