Jay Helfert resigned as Tourney Director at the US Open

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
The guy that Hopkins replaced is local to me. I think he got entry through the tournament here. No disrespect to him, but he stood no chance against Kiamco

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wish Jay was TD for NAPA in 2014

Kudos to Jay for doing the thing we players know was right. Once that chart is posted no one should be allowed to screw with it. I was barred from future NAPA Nationals because I appropriately objected to this exact same thing.

Check out the attached photo which shows eight names out of twenty-one which were whited out and moved unilaterally to other brackets without notice or player agreement after this chart was posted for a few hours prior to the start of play(2014 Nationals).

One or eight, the brackets stand.

NAPA will go belly up within two years. To date, NAPA has not given my LO a promised reason for their actions against me.

Pay attention NAPA to how a real TD makes decisions.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,887

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't agree with your posts all that often but I agree on this one....jay was a barry nut hugger for sure
yes Jay was, but I think it was to give the tournament some needed credibility and the same goes for Pat, which will keep the U S Open going forward. But I think Barry needs to let these guys run it as they see fit and you will have a straight forward event without the yearly B.S.

yes Jay was, but I think it was to give the tournament some needed credibility and the same goes for Pat, which will keep the U S Open going forward. But I think Barry needs to let these guys run it as they see fit and you will have a straight forward event without the yearly B.S.

very true.....hate that jay left :eek:uttahere:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy that Hopkins replaced is local to me. I think he got entry through the tournament here. No disrespect to him, but he stood no chance against Kiamco

He must have gotten something to pull out. Even if he wasn't good enough to win he must have wanted to play or he wouldn't have shown up in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
very true.....hate that jay left :eek:uttahere:

Jay did not quit as the tournament director. He never "was" the tournament director if he lacked the authority to make this call. He was a figure head and Barry showed that pretty clearly when he put his foot down and told Jay how it was going to be.

Jay did not really have any choices to make, Barry going over his head and making the call effectively told Jay that he is not "really" the tournament director, he is a glorified ref and all of the big decisions will be made in accordance with what Barry wants.

Jay did not quit as the tournament director. He never "was" the tournament director if he lacked the authority to make this call. He was a figure head and Barry showed that pretty clearly when he put his foot down and told Jay how it was going to be.

Jay did not really have any choices to make, Barry going over his head and making the call effectively told Jay that he is not "really" the tournament director, he is a glorified ref and all of the big decisions will be made in accordance with what Barry wants.

completely agree......:yeah:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Something like this was inevitable. Jay is smart enough to know that he put himself in a no win situation as the TD of this event.

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry is being Barry.

He can, does and will make all calls. Right or wrong.

It's his business (event).

Jay did the right thing here.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allen Hopkins

Did you see Allen's stroke. It will take me 2 years to unsee that and fix my game....

It was worse than Charles Barkley's golf swing.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
IMO Jay made the right move. I'm betting that there were other things taken out of Jay's hands as TD leading up to the Allen Hopkins change. Good for you Jay. Johnnyt

PS: Aren't Pat and Allen very good friends? I could be wrong here

I sent Jay a message a few months ago advising him to keep his head on a swivel. It is exactly circumstances like this that can tarnish your name forever. That Jay did what was necessary in order to remain above the fray is commendable. Otherwise,miss just another stain on the US open, and Barry personally.

I'm looking forward to Jay's comments about Barry's intransigence and if Jay got a chance to call him out, publicly.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is a player who forfeited a match allowed to carry on playing in the tournament two days after being scratched from the event?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Did you see Allen's stroke. It will take me 2 years to unsee that and fix my game....

It was worse than Charles Barkley's golf swing.

Yeah Allen was pretty far off his game and his usual unusual stroke was unusually wonky today.

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO Jay made the right move. I'm betting that there were other things taken out of Jay's hands as TD leading up to the Allen Hopkins change. Good for you Jay. Johnnyt

PS: Aren't Pat and Allen very good friends? I could be wrong here

really?...