★ Aiming Systems ★ Techniques ★ Etc.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got on here to shoot you a friendly jab until you called me stupid.

Just for that I would guess that telling you that once you leave the comfort of your objective visual you are going to be in a very subjective area called feel unless of course you have a better idea on how to calculate allowances based on distance, tips of English and stroke, then incorporate that into another type of pivot based on all of the previous listed. I would dare say the sweeps and pivots to come would have someone falling down and having difficulty getting up.

Aka....Help me Ive fallen and I cant get up.

The truth is that pool players are generally so thankful for new information that Ive considered not releasing it at all and just teaching it to those who want to learn something. At a point you don't need the aggravation. Im not a fan of CTE but I recognize the complexity and unique discovery that took place when it was passed from Hal to Stan. Stan seized an opportunity and you cant blame him for that. However some of the claims and the outright arrogance declaring CTE will take over the world are kind of childish and silly. I could go on here but I wont. I really believe in my material too but I'm not about go claiming all that, however if I decided to release my stuff out for free then no one would need to buy anything now would they?

I could do that you know. Then I could sell the material I have on spin.

I think CTE is an awesome discovery that had not yet been simplified.

Since you are so easy to get along with I have discovered a totally new way of looking at visuals and there is likely a cross over between my new way and CTE that makes things exponentially easier and all of that stuff you guys do like sweeps and pivots which are subjective things you have to get a feel for by the way could have been eliminated with much less instructions.

Since people on here are so agreeable I may very well keep it to myself and teach those that are seeking the information by appt. In that way maybe CTE can take over the world. Im sure it change the course of history and your grandchildren will read about it in the first grade as The Great Aiming War!.....lol

We are just a bunch of pool players Cookie don't have a cow man! If people view CTE as too complicated to fiddle with for them then that is their business and not your problem however I do have an alternative that is pretty easy.

I did not seize ANY opportunity!! Mister.

Your understanding of CTE is practically zero but you take every OPPORTUNITY to knock and backslap what I am doing so you can associate your material with CTE and get some attention.....From what I have seen that's about the only way you can gain ANY attention.

Stan Shuffett

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Attention

I did not seize ANY opportunity!! Mister.

Your understanding of CTE is practically zero but you take every OPPORTUNITY to knock and backslap what I am doing so you can associate your material with CTE and get some attention.....From what I have seen that's about the only way you can gain ANY attention.

Stan Shuffett

Stan,
Several people have told me that you are one heck of a nice gentleman and great instructor but judging from your claims and comments on here that's hard to discern. So I think you do it for attention getting because some people will believe you. Its not my fault that pool players are what they are because they are for different reasons. Some are really nice people and love the game as I and you do. You however are very defensive on here to the point of being almost appalling and when you were gone there was peace here. I have a nice product in the making but you know all this is just not worth it actually and I do not need the attention. I am not out to change the world of pool but I would like to see it played and enjoyed by people who are having success with it therefore.....

I Robin Kelly being of sound mind and body do heretofore bequeath in this instrument the world of pool to Stan Shuffet the developer of Hal Houle's CTE in at least two forms. From this day forward no adult, child or human may go to the pool table without doing a sweep and pivot.

Its all yours now Stan, what you do with it is up to you. Everyone has their own opinion and my opinion is your dogs are writing checks that you get put in the position to have to cash and I'm happy that is working out for you. Lots of great advertisement between you and your folks aka via PostingFrenzy your people derail threads and force their opinions on people and then claim they only want to be able to discuss CTE in peace......like it is some religion. |Its pool man, not war and to quote Jay Helfert....Shoot Pool Not People. Don't have a cow Man.

Every little post is another DVD sale and the possibility of lessons. There is enough in my current book that people will find their way if they want and I have put it out there...so Im good. They can always call if they need a little help..no charge. I will say this much for the world of pool. It is a disjointed concern where people are only interested in what their end of the piece of pie is going to be like and really not concerned with the sport and that permeates from the top down. They simply say pool will be what it is and yet room owners go in an out of business trying to change the tide with little help from any association of pool.

The best thing we can all do is to just go out and spend some of those pool dollars and stop jockeying on here. You get so much more enjoyment from it except for when you are calling someone out on their mess, that feel pretty good and of course their is being called stupid by someone who doesn't even know you. That is friggin awesome....Whoo Hoo. Yeah that was one of your guys thanks a bunch!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan,
Several people have told me that you are one heck of a nice gentleman and great instructor but judging from your claims and comments on here that's hard to discern. So I think you do it for attention getting because some people will believe you. Its not my fault that pool players are what they are because they are for different reasons. Some are really nice people and love the game as I and you do. You however are very defensive on here to the point of being almost appalling and when you were gone there was peace here. I have a nice product in the making but you know all this is just not worth it actually and I do not need the attention. I am not out to change the world of pool but I would like to see it played and enjoyed by people who are having success with it therefore.....

I Robin Kelly being of sound mind and body do heretofore bequeath in this instrument the world of pool to Stan Shuffet the developer of Hal Houle's CTE in at least two forms. From this day forward no adult, child or human may go to the pool table without doing a sweep and pivot.

Its all yours now Stan, what you do with it is up to you. Everyone has their own opinion and my opinion is your dogs are writing checks that you get put in the position to have to cash and I'm happy that is working out for you. Lots of great advertisement between you and your folks aka via PostingFrenzy your people derail threads and force their opinions on people and then claim they only want to be able to discuss CTE in peace......like it is some religion. |Its pool man, not war and to quote Jay Helfert....Shoot Pool Not People. Don't have a cow Man.

Every little post is another DVD sale and the possibility of lessons. There is enough in my current book that people will find their way if they want and I have put it out there...so Im good. They can always call if they need a little help..no charge. I will say this much for the world of pool. It is a disjointed concern where people are only interested in what their end of the piece of pie is going to be like and really not concerned with the sport and that permeates from the top down. They simply say pool will be what it is and yet room owners go in an out of business trying to change the tide with little help from any association of pool.

The best thing we can all do is to just go out and spend some of those pool dollars and stop jockeying on here. You get so much more enjoyment from it except for when you are calling someone out on their mess, that feel pretty good and of course their is being called stupid by someone who doesn't even know you. That is friggin awesome....Whoo Hoo. Yeah that was one of your guys thanks a bunch!

You have me completely misread, Sir. And at the time the readership here can see exactly what your motivations are....

Stan Shuffett

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got on here to shoot you a friendly jab until you called me stupid.

Just for that I would guess that telling you that once you leave the comfort of your objective visual you are going to be in a very subjective area called feel unless of course you have a better idea on how to calculate allowances based on distance, tips of English and stroke, then incorporate that into another type of pivot based on all of the previous listed. I would dare say the sweeps and pivots to come would have someone falling down and having difficulty getting up.

Aka....Help me Ive fallen and I cant get up.

The truth is that pool players are generally so thankful for new information that Ive considered not releasing it at all and just teaching it to those who want to learn something. At a point you don't need the aggravation. Im not a fan of CTE but I recognize the complexity and unique discovery that took place when it was passed from Hal to Stan. Stan seized an opportunity and you cant blame him for that. However some of the claims and the outright arrogance declaring CTE will take over the world are kind of childish and silly. I could go on here but I wont. I really believe in my material too but I'm not about go claiming all that, however if I decided to release my stuff out for free then no one would need to buy anything now would they?

I could do that you know. Then I could sell the material I have on spin.

I think CTE is an awesome discovery that had not yet been simplified.

Since you are so easy to get along with I have discovered a totally new way of looking at visuals and there is likely a cross over between my new way and CTE that makes things exponentially easier and all of that stuff you guys do like sweeps and pivots which are subjective things you have to get a feel for by the way could have been eliminated with much less instructions.

Since people on here are so agreeable I may very well keep it to myself and teach those that are seeking the information by appt. In that way maybe CTE can take over the world. Im sure it change the course of history and your grandchildren will read about it in the first grade as The Great Aiming War!.....lol

We are just a bunch of pool players Cookie don't have a cow man! If people view CTE as too complicated to fiddle with for them then that is their business and not your problem however I do have an alternative that is pretty easy.

So I guess you weren't actually playing stupid but really are stupid.
Well your first book was reviewed as a book for extreme beginners, but now you have the right way to play with english, lmao. So you are writing a new book, good luck with that. Or as you say just might keep all that super duper knowledge to yourself unless someone wants to come to you and pay for all that unknown info. Will they have to sign a privacy waiver to never disclose any of it.
YEA YOUR STUFF IS THE BEST and the disclosure is IF YOU A LOW LEVEL PLAYER I CAN GUARANTEE IMPROVEMENT, BUT YOU CAN"T DISCLOSE ANYTHING I TEACH YOU.

PS saying that CTE is complicated is an out-rite lie.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Motivations?

You have me completely misread, Sir. And at the time the readership here can see exactly what your motivations are....

Stan Shuffett

Yeah you are the all knowing Oz! Make those accusations I guess that puts you on top! Oh yeah that and taking over the world by CTE...nice....good luck with that.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
When someone calls you stupid.

When someone calls me stupid they lose the right to talk to me. Poof! Be Gone!

So I guess you weren't actually playing stupid but really are stupid.
Well your first book was reviewed as a book for extreme beginners, but now you have the right way to play with english, lmao. So you are writing a new book, good luck with that. Or as you say just might keep all that super duper knowledge to yourself unless someone wants to come to you and pay for all that unknown info. Will they have to sign a privacy waiver to never disclose any of it.
YEA YOUR STUFF IS THE BEST and the disclosure is IF YOU A LOW LEVEL PLAYER I CAN GUARANTEE IMPROVEMENT, BUT YOU CAN"T DISCLOSE ANYTHING I TEACH YOU.

PS saying that CTE is complicated is an out-rite lie.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't know how you define "top player", but I have never seen what I categorize as a "top player" who DIDN'T have some sort of aiming system. Even if they created their own from HAMB. IMHO, nobody is a "top player" if they can't aim already.
I mean if you study various aiming systems, formal ones, then some shots go very cleanly and consistently which tend to give feel aimers fits and be less consistent for them.

So when I watched the open my observation was that the shooters who appeared to be highly consistent in their aim/preshot set up seemed to have it much easier with that category of shots.

All casual observation though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I agree Robin. When it comes to aiming it should always be about, this is how I do it.
Give the person the directions, hopefully they find the way.

Nailed it pal- very well said :)

I out myself- using the best what works best for me^^
cte/pro1, a 90/90 version and contact to contact (back of ball)-
Tricky if you cannot see really the whole table (eye-sight)- so you have to find out something what works.

And learning new stuff is fun :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
March also claims that in the latest developments, thermal expansion of the thruster is taken into account to reduce all possible sources of error. But the anomalous thrust is still being observed, indicating a yet unexplained cause for it.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Yes there is. CTE is 100% objective in my opinion.

John,

I await your reasonable, logical, rational, non science bending, explanation of just how it is so...

similar to the reasonable, logical, rational, non science bending, explanations as to why it is NOT that have been give by Patrick, Poolplaya9, & myself.

I know you would NOT want anyone to invest their time on something of such a phenomenal claim based solely on your 'opinion'.

So, please... explain away.

Best Wishes.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John,

I await your reasonable, logical, rational, non science bending, explanation of just how it is so...

similar to the reasonable, logical, rational, non science bending, explanations as to why it NOT that have been give by Patrick, Poolplaya9, & myself.

I know you would NOT want anyone to invest their time on something of such a phenomenal claim based solely on your 'opinion'.

So, please... explain away.

Best Wishes.

It's not just John's opinion. It is the opinion of many that can think logically while playing pool. Patrick has been wrong for years. Poolplaya9 has never learned CTE so therefore he can not possibly give any kind of logical reason against it. And if the previous sentence fits you than guess what.