I only bring this up, because of an old thread from
a year or two back that cast a lot of doubt about
his skill level. I wasn't necessarily a doubter or a
believer back then, but I'll go ahead and say that
I'm certainly a believer now....just sayin'

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky has more potential to be one of the all time greats...his game gets stronger every year. He's got a very bright future. Just an outstanding person as well. Very humble.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Skyler is definitely on his way but he's not there yet. At the far stiffer test that was the Derby City Classic , Skyler was in shaky form for sure, not able to compete with the most elite players.

Classy kid with strong potential but until he has a top five in a big table event having a premier, internationally balanced, field (a WPA event, a US Open 9-ball, a Turning Stone, a Derby City 9-ball, a Super Billiards Expo, or even a Steinway Classic) I won't be sold.

This said, however, he beat Orcullo in Texas and topped YL Chang at the US Open this autumn, so he's beginning to collect some meaningful scalps.

Skyler can count me as a fan and I'll delight in anything he accomplishes, but the evidence in front of me says he's not one of the best quite yet.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Skyler is definitely on his way but he's not there yet. At the far stiffer test that was the Derby City Classic , Skyler was in shaky form for sure, not able to compete with the most elite players.

Classy kid with strong potential but until he has a top five in a big table event having a premier, internationally balanced, field (a WPA event, a US Open 9-ball, a Turning Stone, a Derby City 9-ball, a Super Billiards Expo, or even a Steinway Classic) I won't be sold.

This said, however, he beat Orcullo in Texas and topped YL Chang at the US Open this autumn, so he's beginning to collect some meaningful scalps.

Skyler can count me as a fan and I'll delight in anything he accomplishes, but the evidence in front of me says he's not one of the best quite yet.

You won't be a believer until he crushes Mike D on a 9' playing 10 ball.:D. Johnnyt

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member

Congrats to Skyler.

He's definitely heading in the right direction. But lets not forget he's still a kid of what 23...?

I would like to see Mark take both Justin and Sky and give them some time to work with juniors, if they're able. Lot's of young kids could benefit from both of these two.

We need a resurgence of the Y :wink:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's Skyler Woodward's path to victory in the 2016 TX Open 10-Ball Championship:

1. Lee Rivera 7-unk.
2. Dennis Strickland 7-2
3. Ruben Bautista 7-5
4. Billy Thorpe 7-1
5. Warren Kiamco 7-3
6. Justin Bergman 7-4
7. Dennis Orcollo 5-7
8. Roberto Gomez 7-6
9a. Dennis Orcollo 7-5
9b. Dennis Orcollo 7-5

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

Here's Skyler Woodward's path to victory in the 2016 TX Open 10-Ball Championship:

1. Lee Rivera 7-unk.
2. Dennis Strickland 7-2
3. Ruben Bautista 7-5
4. Billy Thorpe 7-1
5. Warren Kiamco 7-3
6. Justin Bergman 7-4
7. Dennis Orcollo 5-7
8. Roberto Gomez 7-6
9a. Dennis Orcollo 7-5
9b. Dennis Orcollo 7-5

That's a STRONG run!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1. Lee Rivera 7-unk.
2. Dennis Strickland 7-2
3. Ruben Bautista 7-5
4. Billy Thorpe 7-1
5. Warren Kiamco 7-3
6. Justin Bergman 7-4
7. Dennis Orcollo 5-7
8. Roberto Gomez 7-6
9a. Dennis Orcollo 7-5
9b. Dennis Orcollo 7-5

Just as I thought, he didnt play anybody strong to win it.....:rolleyes:

Ken

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roberto, Skyler and Dennis all rode in and left together. Pretty strong road team. I had the stream on during the calcutta but wasn't really paying attention. I seem to remember one guy bought three of the first four picks. Anyone know if he had Dennis or Skyler, or both?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Roberto, Skyler and Dennis all rode in and left together. Pretty strong road team. I had the stream on during the calcutta but wasn't really paying attention. I seem to remember one guy bought three of the first four picks. Anyone know if he had Dennis or Skyler, or both?

The same guy bought all 4 of the opening blind bids, for a total of $10,400. They were, in order, Bergman for $3,000, Woodward for $2,400, Orcollo for $3,000, and Chohan for $2,000.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also had Bergman to posse and you have the 4 Swordsmen. Dennis is not officially a member of the posse yet after exiting the French Connection :D

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member

Roberto rode with Justin