Chezka Centeno

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As is always the case John, you tend to base (or blame) all my opinions on my age!..That may have been the case during my prime years, but not since I've retired..All I do now, is watch streams, and observe both men and women. (that little Chezka gal does play pretty sporty)..It is true, in my day there were very few women, if any, who could come close to competing with the men..There were also very few tournaments, no internet and for sure, no 'fargo ratings', which you seem to live and die by!

I am simply not as easily impressed as you are, by a few (very few) ladies who are admittedly now playing much better than they were 40 years ago!..However, I base all my opinions on my accumulated years of experience, and I still come away believing no female will ever dominate our game!..I do respect them though, but you're right about one of my old-fashioned beliefs..As much as I love 'em, I do believe a woman's place, is in the kitchen cooking up some vittles for me and the kids..not in some lousy pool hall! :p :p :p (JK ladies)

PS..At least I don't call them "Mop Squeezers", like Titanic used to. :eek:.. Always fun jawing with you, but its cocktail time again before I get in big trouble with 'em all! :grin:

Well my opinions are certainly based in part on my age and the things I have seen during my conscious life combined with the available data and research.

The concept of "will never" has been disproven millions of times over. When people say something will never happen somehow it happens.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good news. Chezka's US Visa application just got approved. She will be playing in the Tornado Open in Florida, Women's 10-ball event. :thumbup:

In this field, there are around 5 top players who can win - Chezka, GYK, Kelly Fisher, Rubilen Amit, Karen Corr
Top favorites are Chezka and GYK. I would give GYK edge since she has play many times in US and has done well whereas this Chezka first time and need time to acclimatise:smile:

WOMEN'S PRO 10-BALL
Michell Monk
Stephanie Mitchell
Dawn Hopkins
Caroline Pao
Mary Kenniston
Gerda Hofstatter
Loree Jon Hasson
Liz Lovely
Rubilen Amit
Melissa Herndon
Mimi McAndrews
Kim Pierce
Vivian Villarreal
Dawn Fox
Jennifer Barretta
Joanne Ashton
Angelina Holmes
Hiroko Makiyama
Brittany Bryant
Emily Duddy
Barbra Lee
Jeanie Seaver
Iris Ranola
Kia Sidbury
Stephanie Goens
Bonnie Arnold
Chezka Centeno
Liz Cole
Shanelle Lorraine
Erin McManus
Kelly Fisher
Helena Thornfeldt
Ga-Young Kim
Jennifer Chen
Monica Webb
Line Kjorsvik
Kelly Cavanaugh
Karen Corr
Teruko Ucculelli
Allison Fisher
Ewa Laurance
Janet Atwell
Anastasia Nechaeva
Julie Kelly
Jessica Barnes
Sarah Rousey
Sarah Miller
Cheryl Pritchard
Eun J. Park
Kathy Friend
Naomi Williams
Rebecca Wagner
Nicole Keeny
Bonnie Coats
Laura Smith
Eugenia Gyftopoulos
Veronique Menard
Grace Nakamura
Supadra Geronimo
Leslee Blaikie
April Larson
Sierra Reams
Crystal McCormick
Cheryl Baglin

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quite an international field! :thumbup: I predict April Larson to go deep in this event. She is playing exceptionally well, running undefeated through the field in her last event, a couple of weeks ago in IL. Best wishes to all my friends and students. It's nice to see Sarah Rousey back playing again! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Jeanette Lee now lives in the Tampa, area of FL. She must really be retired...not going to this tournament to at least see a lot of her old friends. Her name would pump up the gate a bit too. Johnnyt

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only player that plays faster than her is Tony Drago. Super accurate and super fast player. However, sometimes abit careless with her safety. Amazing talent.

I thought you were an amateur... You must be pretty good to critique a top player's safety game :rolleyes:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Page: Can you add a robustness column to the main top 100 lists? And maybe also a fargorate number, or fargorate position change over maybe a 30 day period.

I think those two extra columns would make the list more interesting to follow.

I've personally been following the list closely, and from what I have seen, it takes more like 1000 games to be a solid rating, not 200. The players with 200 or so games can easily move 10 points in just a month. I've seen this from following the Ko brothers for example. They were bouncing all over the list 6 months ago or so as more results were added.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
In this field, there are around 5 top players who can win - Chezka, GYK, Kelly Fisher, Rubilen Amit, Karen Corr
Top favorites are Chezka and GYK. I would give GYK edge since she has play many times in US and has done well whereas this Chezka first time and need time to acclimatise:smile:

WOMEN'S PRO 10-BALL
Michell Monk
Stephanie Mitchell
Dawn Hopkins
Caroline Pao
Mary Kenniston
Gerda Hofstatter
Loree Jon Hasson
Liz Lovely
Rubilen Amit
Melissa Herndon
Mimi McAndrews
Kim Pierce
Vivian Villarreal
Dawn Fox
Jennifer Barretta
Joanne Ashton
Angelina Holmes
Hiroko Makiyama
Brittany Bryant
Emily Duddy
Barbra Lee
Jeanie Seaver
Iris Ranola
Kia Sidbury
Stephanie Goens
Bonnie Arnold
Chezka Centeno
Liz Cole
Shanelle Lorraine
Erin McManus
Kelly Fisher
Helena Thornfeldt
Ga-Young Kim
Jennifer Chen
Monica Webb
Line Kjorsvik
Kelly Cavanaugh
Karen Corr
Teruko Ucculelli
Allison Fisher
Ewa Laurance
Janet Atwell
Anastasia Nechaeva
Julie Kelly
Jessica Barnes
Sarah Rousey
Sarah Miller
Cheryl Pritchard
Eun J. Park
Kathy Friend
Naomi Williams
Rebecca Wagner
Nicole Keeny
Bonnie Coats
Laura Smith
Eugenia Gyftopoulos
Veronique Menard
Grace Nakamura
Supadra Geronimo
Leslee Blaikie
April Larson
Sierra Reams
Crystal McCormick
Cheryl Baglin

If centeno and gyk draw opposite sides of the bracket, then I think it will come down to those 2.

Last edited:

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Thanks for these.

By the way, what are they yelling that sounds like "nanu nanu nanu" or "lanu lanu lanu" between racks (say at -51 minutes etc of the second video)?

I'm assuming it's not a Mork and Mindy reference...

I think it's calling for bets on the next rack. Johnnyt

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Thanks for these.

By the way, what are they yelling that sounds like "nanu nanu nanu" or "lanu lanu lanu" between racks (say at -51 minutes etc of the second video)?

I'm assuming it's not a Mork and Mindy reference...

the betting among bystanders is on a per-rack basis. they call it "per-game". for every rack, you can bet, say $20, on who you think will win the rack. that's how it goes.

what they say is "nalo, nalo, nalo" short for "panalo" or the winner of the last rack. when they invite others to a per-game bet, they either say the name of the player, or just nalo/panalo indicating the winner of the last rack. it's really fast-paced and you need to master especially the hand signals so you dont get tricked by a-holes. the payment is quick too. sometimes they'd throw it on the table right after the rack.

Last edited:

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
the betting among bystanders is on a per-rack basis. they call it "per-game". for every rack, you can bet, say $20, on who you think will win the rack. that's how it goes.

what they say is "nalo, nalo, nalo" short for "panalo" or the winner of the last rack. when they invite others to a per-game bet, they either say the name of the player, or just nalo/panalo indicating the winner of the last rack. it's really fast-paced and you need to master especially the hand signals so you dont get tricked by a-holes. the payment is quick too. sometimes they'd throw it on the table right after the rack.

They are basically betting like they do when they bet on cockfights. The only thing missing on this young ladies game is her safety shots. She will be a very strong contender if and when she perfects her safety shots.

She will get to that level eventually and when she does, look out world!

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Playing for the CA$H and playing a tournament are two total different worlds....... Just saying...........

My money would always be on the cash player if both players were ranked the same or close to the same on Fargo Ratings -

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing for the CA$H and playing a tournament are two total different worlds....... Just saying...........

My money would always be on the cash player if both players were ranked the same or close to the same on Fargo Ratings -

yeah in 1975 maybe.....you should check out 2016 some time

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Chezka finished 4th in the recent Tornado Open's pro 10-ball event. Lost to Ga young Kim (7-6) in the semis, then lost to Kelly Fisher (7-6) in the last-3 of the losers side. not bad.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
UPDATE: Her sponsor says she will be participating in the US Open 9-ball Championships this year.:smile: