Cmon! The Americans are getting sharked!

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Why are our pool players so fragile that they can't focus?, it's one thing if you are down on your shot, but the ref has been handling that fine imo.

The rowdiness, crowd noise and general excitement is what I love about the Mosconi Cup, and having more environments like that would help pool, not hurt it.

Watching a standard US tournament stream is like watching paint dry for most except the pool nerds like us, but get a crowd involved and all of a sudden it all feels more exciting and accessible - at the very least it gives the impression that other people care about pool.

b

Reactions: JC

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
We're better at any format.

I was being kind. When some posters ask you which Euro you want to put against Shane in a long race, remember that you opened that incorrect can of worms.

As I said, the Euros are better at this format.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
We're better at any format.

If that's true then the whole team can make a bunch of money playing Shane (or probably even Bergman) races to 100.

Oh but wait, they've all been destroyed when doing this.

Never mind.

Last edited:

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
I was being kind. When some posters ask you which Euro you want to put against Shane in a long race, remember that you opened that incorrect can of worms.

If that's true then the whole team can make a bunch of money playing Shane (or probably even Bergman) races to 100.

Never mind.

Remind me again what tournament in the world uses race to 100? My memory is rusty at the moment...

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As I said, the Euros are better at this format.

ok and then? 1 0 after shane won the first rt 100...... now im wondering how the other 4 would look like vs niels, mark or albin.....
we ARE better in any format, shane alone doesnt change that!

JC

Coos Cues
This thing is an exhibition and yes it gets raucous. Part of it's charm and appeal.

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. I doubt it bothers the players at all. All of them have played plenty in environments as bad or worse then this. They have plenty of personal space down there so sticks and stones.

To the players credit, you don't hear them whining. If they are focused they don't even hear it anyway.

JC

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
Remind me again what tournament in the world uses race to 100? My mind is rusty at the moment...

The two man variety.

Bottom line it's hard to say your players are better when none of them can win against the USA's best in a long set.

And I mean no disrespect to any of them because they're all great players and I know some of them well, but the facts on this are what they are.

If you disagree then all you need to do to prove me wrong is pony up some cash and stake one of them to get in the box.

JC

Coos Cues

Never mind.

But it's not a long race and Shane isn't up to it is he?

Reminds me of the sore loser that wants to gamble with the guy who just put them out of the tournament to prove something. When in reality the goal it to marginalize the other guy's victory.

Either get better at this format or expect to keep getting our asses handed to us. It's really that simple. Mongo head really choked yesterday. Justin couldn't fade his poor play and we really should have had that match. Missed an easy combo badly and that scratch after missing the ball on the rail pretty much did them in. Bring it or GTFO in a race to 5.

JC

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Remind me again what tournament in the world uses race to 100? My memory is rusty at the moment...

You don't even need to reply, your speaking of tournament format not a smokey bar race to 100.

I actually think Bergman beats them all in a long set in a smokey bar. Lol

Europe is so strong every year, this year no exception. Shaw hasn't even caught 2nd gear yet and they are still dominating. I'll lose interest in this whole event if the US can't figure out how to make it to the 4th day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suspect the fact gambling is legal on the Mosconi Cup could be a factor - and not just with the sharking.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually think Rodney held up well under the pressure of the screaming Euros. He has more seasoning, though. And Justin made some phenomenal shots when he was partnered up with Mike D. The crowd, however, is a shark to the Americans, no question about it.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I suspect the fact gambling is legal on the Mosconi Cup could be a factor - and not just with the sharking.

^^^^^^ yuuuuuuuup

Can't believe I'm just realizing that now.

Last edited:

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
"Realizing that meow." :grin-square:

Voice technology isn't quite there yet. ;)

I text meow more than now with my phone, obviously you caught that before I could edit Jam, damn you,

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
The two man variety.

Bottom line it's hard to say your players are better when none of them can win against the USA's best in a long set.

And I mean no disrespect to any of them because they're all great players and I know some of them well, but the facts on this are what they are.

So your WE is basically one player, when ours is 10-15 players. If that proves your pool is better than ours, I rest my case. Tournaments is the only way to sort things out. Gabbling is a completely different thing.

If you disagree then all you need to do to prove me wrong is pony up some cash and stake one of them to get in the box.

No wonder why pool keeps going backwards in the US and it will never be treated as a sport.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the yelling.

I love the booing.

I love the screaming.

I love the emotion.

I love Daz throwing his cue on the ground.

Pool needs more of those things, not less.

I only thing that's not to love about the Mosconi Cup is the play of the US.

I'm with BasementDweller. There are 2,000+ fans having fun, what other pool events can claim that?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Matchroom is telling the players to act all dramatic to increase the intensity and put on a better show for the crowd and viewers.