Any other oldies out there finding out the "golden years" is just another lie

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you I'm only 67 and the wheels are coming off the cart. I'm paying for all my foolishness. Motorcycle, marshal arts , football concussions. Broken ribs and assorted other breaks. Man what a mess. Add to that essential tremors, probably from the concussions.I wish I was a horse many times so someone could put me out of my misery .

I am thankful that I can still play pool daily at the senior center; Heck I got lots of excuses for my game :grin:

Sorry for the rant.

Ya're okay trust me. Lots n lots of room for improving.

Its not suprising to se 60 70 yrs old retired pool hall attendant/house pro in taiwan running 70s in straight pool n breaking running 3 packs in 9ball consistently.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I turned 67 last July. I'm not too bad, all things considered. Overweight, bad disc in lower back, arthritis in both hips, bursitis in right ankle, and developing a problem in my left knee. I can still see ok, bifocals for a lot of years now. I know people who are much worse off. I can still knock 'em around, just can't play those six hour sessions any more. I've avoided tournament play because I didn't think I could last.
JAY, YOU DOG!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A couple of years ago I bought a blow-up doll at a store called "The Garden of Eaton". Eaton is a small town not too far from where I live. Her name is Lola, and we've been going together ever since.
A week ago she suffered a pin ***** (no pun intended) and sprang a leak, but I didn't have the energy to blow her back up. Being with Lola would sometimes leave me breathless, but this was ridiculous.
We're separated now. She moved back in to her shoe box on the top self of my closet. If my health doesn't improve I suspect we'll get a divorce.
No matter what the outcome is I'm sure gonna miss the good times we had together. Like last Summer, for example. I had opened up the house to let some cool breezes in and during a fit of passion I bit her on the breast a bit harder than I should have. All of a sudden she farted, and flew out a window. The next day I found her over in the neighbors yard playing with their dog.
Being 70 is no fun. :shrug:

You're the greatest! :thumbup:

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I'll tell you I'm only 67 and the wheels are coming off the cart. I'm paying for all my foolishness. Motorcycle, marshal arts , football concussions. Broken ribs and assorted other breaks. Man what a mess. Add to that essential tremors, probably from the concussions.I wish I was a horse many times so someone could put me out of my misery .

I am thankful that I can still play pool daily at the senior center; Heck I got lots of excuses for my game :grin:

Sorry for the rant.

I feel your pain Lou. I'm getting old and decrepit myself.

Luckily I have a new used cue on the way. Figure I'll play lights out again once I get that baby!

:thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap, tap, tap! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The world is full of cranky old people who complain about every thing and I refuse to be one of them. I am 66 and retired 2 years ago. Life is good and I am having a ball.

I play pool daily on my 9' Rebco table which was my retirement gift.

I keep up on my shooting skills with my firearms and I am teaching my grandkid's those essential life skills.

Never let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can.

Thank God every day for life's blessings.

Spend as much time as possible enjoying the great outdoors.

Eventually the golden years turn into the rusty years, no stopping it.

Remember, God did not design our body to last forever.

No whining!

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Ak Guy is right. Our mission here on earth has only one goal to accomplish and that is to reproduce. Anything else is secondary. It is the prime directive.
And, like Jay, pt, Scott. and many others, I myself dedicated a great deal of my life trying to fulfil that directive. Whenever, and wherever I could.
Now, however, with the passing of time, we find that obligation being passed to a younger, stronger, and more capable generation of reproductive warriors leaving us with little more than our memories. Little more than our past glories. Real, or imagined.
Pool rooms across this great land are filled with us. Our lamentations heard on back tables everywhere.
Damn! I need a Redhead, and a bottle of Quervo. :sad:

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Never let the things you can't do stop you from doing the things you can.

Thank God every day for life's blessings.

Spend as much time as possible enjoying the great outdoors.

Remember, God did not design our body to last forever.

I'm with you here AK Guy, Been nearly deaf for my entire life, never let it slow me down.

Yeah I whine a little once in a while. Remember what they did to the last guy that was perfect.

I will continue to, as we used to say, "Keep on trucking" Lord willing.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm almost 70 and i get up to pee at least 3 times a night.
after reading the posts here it seems I'm not alone.
Has anyone had any success using the various herbal remedies that are hawked for this condition?

I'm also finding that as I have aged it takes a lot more concentration to play my best and it does tire me out.
Most of the time i cruise along in a high gear without taxing my brain.
If I have to pull out another level of play it makes my brain and body tired.
3 hours or so of top gear and I'm done.
A bottle of "Hanks" water does help

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Ok, gonna give you old timers something to help you get through it all ;)

First, just got back from Iowa, and the team I was on finished 16th out of 140 teams. The players ages of the team were, 54, 68, 72, & 76. Not bad for 3 old guys and a really youthful and sporty 54 year old ;)

Also, if you want to help your joints and brain, for concentration, take a tablespoon of fish oil every day. The brand from Norway is the best, you can find it at most good vitamin and health stores.

If concentration and memory and lack of staying power on the table is the issue, start this regimen daily. It will also help with your creaky joints as well. I started it because of multiple knee surgeries over the last few years from a baseball injury.... I could tell the difference within the first 2 weeks, and have not looked back.

You got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Money well spent, and in this day and age of dementia hitting elderly pretty hard in the last decade or so, anything good for your brain can't be a bad thing, consider this some "cheap" insurance for your noggin !!!!

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has anyone had any success using the various herbal remedies that are hawked for this condition?

I'm also finding that as I have aged it takes a lot more concentration to play my best and it does tire me out.

You need Tamsulosin. Then you will only get up one time every night. :wink:
P.S. Sex helps too, a lot!

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok, gonna give you old timers something to help you get through it all ;)

First, just got back from Iowa, and the team I was on finished 16th out of 140 teams. The players ages of the team were, 54, 68, 72, & 76. Not bad for 3 old guys and a really youthful and sporty 54 year old ;)

Also, if you want to help your joints and brain, for concentration, take a tablespoon of fish oil every day. The brand from Norway is the best, you can find it at most good vitamin and health stores.

If concentration and memory and lack of staying power on the table is the issue, start this regimen daily. It will also help with your creaky joints as well. I started it because of multiple knee surgeries over the last few years from a baseball injury.... I could tell the difference within the first 2 weeks, and have not looked back.

You got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Money well spent, and in this day and age of dementia hitting elderly pretty hard in the last decade or so, anything good for your brain can't be a bad thing, consider this some "cheap" insurance for your noggin !!!!

The absolute most important vitamin you can take for overall well being is Tumeric. If you don't take anything else take this one! Yes, I also take Omega 3 (fish oil) every day, along with Vitamin D3, CoQ-10, and a really good multiple vitamin.

Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

The object is to play so much that it becomes reflex so you're spending
minimal energy. Have you sat on your balls yet? That sucks,
that's when you know you're old

bstroud

Deceased
I just don't get all the complaints.

I am 75.

Now that I have my eyes again again and have overcome Lymphoma and brain Cancer I feel great and am playing as well as I did at 30.

Whats not to like except that no one in the pool room has any money anymore.

Bill S.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I just don't get all the complaints.
I am 75.
Now that I have my eyes again again and have overcome Lymphoma and brain Cancer I feel great and am playing as well as I did at 30.
Whats not to like except that no one in the pool room has any money anymore.
Bill S.

We're not really complaining, Bill. Truth be known I'm sure we're all thankful for just being here. Especially Jay. :D

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The object is to play so much that it becomes reflex so you're spending
minimal energy. Have you sat on your balls yet? That sucks,
that's when you know you're old

Well witch one of 3 for got a spermicide cyst the size of a golf ball , good news they don't droop bad news it only gets bigger no insurance to get it removed draining by needle is the alternative ouch however if you can find a women that can twerk its all good
But seriously I've got numerous problems at 56 I kiss the ground every day I wake up

I'm limited in how hard I can do something but I'm not limited to the point where I don't do things I like to do , ride my Harley don't lean on the bad hip , hunt stay in a ground bilnd , surf fish keep right arm close to body when casting
I'm not rich I have no retirement plan or money but I'm frugal basicly have all I want and do what I want when I want with few exceptions ,,
Really the hardest thing for me to do is sleep that's when the aches and pains set in
Other than that I'm enjoying these yrs and have a oops daughter 14 that keeps me rolling
Realy a god send to me ,,