lets talk about the cue youll never sell or trade

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My birds-eye merry widow made for me by Burton Spain in 1982. Still have the original shipping carton hand addressed by Mr. Spain. Cool piece.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I'm not really all that attached to my cues. I cringe a little selling ones that I really like to play with, but I've never really missed one that I've sold once it was gone. I spent plenty of money on my player and waited close to a year for it, but I'd happily sell it if someone offered me enough or if I found a cue that clearly played better.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
My ivory South West:

Attachments

• SW.jpg
    SW.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 768

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All my cues would go for the right price except my Sowder conversion. It was a gift from a buddy who lost his job and asked me to move his small cue collection. It was a wrap less billiard cue from the 60's, now it's a Bushka-esque wrapped fullsplice, everything I've ever wanted in a cue.

It's on the right.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You held on to the ted Harris for years! Was that the one you let go?

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I sold a lot of cues I never thought I would during a dark period of my life. Sometimes it can get to a point where you realize that you can only play with one cue at a time really and you can't eat any of them.

Now I pretty much just trade for cues with cuemakers and none of those cues will every be sold. At least not by me. If my family wants to sell them when I am gone that's up to them.

There is just one I cue I regret selling and it was a Joss that Dan Janes made for me in trade for a case. It was unlike any Joss I have seen anywhere and I was dumber than dumb to have sold it for any reason. Wasn't the best playing cue I owned but it still hit pretty sporty.

I might post up a group shot of my current cues which are in the won't sell category.

Me and Teddy will trade someday and that cue will go into that group. The really pretty cocobolo one I had went to a fellow AZer and I sold it because I had acquired it through a deal and not gotten it directly from Teddy. That's kind of my quirk at the moment in that I only want the art directly from the maker unless the maker isn't building anymore in which case I will try to acquire one elsewhere to have one example of the work of people's cues I should have gotten when they were making them. Even then though I don't buy them and will trade cases so as to preserve my art-for-art trade philosophy.

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My current lowly Schon. I went through a lot of really nice cues, and eventually learned that it had the feel I preferred. I am happy to work on getting the most out of it, and feel relieved that I no longer feel that there is a better cue out there that will improve my game. Now I can concentrate on being the weak link in my game, rather than blaming my cue.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know they are no longer in business but I will never part with my Carolina Custom break cue as it has sentimental value because my mum's uncle gave me the money to get it made after he passed, so it will always have a special place in my heart & will never be sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nineballsafety8

6ft 5" 285, hits 'em hard
Silver Member
My wife funded my dream cue as my graduation present. I designed it from material choice, to design, to execution. See sig

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Can't sell this one because it has my name under that clear plastic ring.
Can't sell my Josey because I love it's hit.

Attachments

• DSCN0205.jpg
    DSCN0205.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 556

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of my Meuccis

IMG_4218.JPG

Here's a few of my everyday players. Nothing real expensive or fancy, but fun for me just the same.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Everybody Loves It.

Runde butt w/ a 29.5 inch Searing Shaft that was originally built for a Gus cue. Yet to find anyone who didn't love the way it plays. Nobody asks if it's for sale, they know it's priceless. The cue played great in its original condition, but the Searing shaft made it heavenly.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't sell this one because it has my name under that clear plastic ring..

Could you offer some insight on this? I've always been curious why people feel this way.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
1940's Willie Hoppe Pro Model, completely restored, new "everything", fitted perfectly and discreetly with an OB shaft.

This cue I will never sell. When I'm gone, I'm sure my son will put it on Ebay, so keep your eyes peeled in about 34 years :)

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Doc Frye has been with me for a long time. I can part the others and never look back but not this one.

Attachments

• Doc Frye .jpg
    Doc Frye .jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Doc Frye.jpg
    Doc Frye.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man I wish I have one and everything I shoot with is for sale or trade for the right deal

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Could you offer some insight on this? I've always been curious why people feel this way.

It's more than just a cue to me...that Palmer model M from the 2nd catalog. Memories attached. A friend twisted my arm to buy it because he wanted one, and could get a great deal if he ordered two. I played with the cue when my bride & I were dating...then came marriage, running a small biz, raising a daughter, so the cue languished in a closet for decades. Finally retired, daughter raised & gone, Cindy & I thought it would be fun to play again. Once I uncased it, I quickly learned it really wasn't a playing cue...but the memories of fun times are still attached to it.

Cindy & I still play for recreation...just with different cues than we used all those decades ago.