New Brunswick GC6 - Any Questions?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have an interview scheduled with Brunswick representatives to discuss the details of the new Gold Crown 6 table, which is based on a design created by Colin Tury, winner of the re-design contest.

Submit any questions you might have about the new table and we'll include some of them in the interview.

- It is not for sale in the u.s. yet, but they expect it to be available around Feb.

- only 5 tables have been sold so far and sent to Japan.

- The table does feature Brunswick Superspeed cushions standard.

- The individual parts are (almost all) produced overseas and sent back here to be assembled here as needed.

- While they do watch the competition, they will not attempt to emulate or copy the competition.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than the winning aesthetic changes that Colin came up with for the new Gold Crown 6, what engineering design changes and improvements over the GC5 can we expect from Brunswick? Construction and frame components? Slate specs and source? Leveling system changes? Pocket and Rail materials? Tournament Edition? Standard pocket opening sizes? Expected retail price?

Basically, what are the “new and improved” bullet points from the marketing and sales perspective.

Thank you for arranging this interview and discussion - looking forward to hearing from Brunswick!

~ K

Mike81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sure the table will be 10k or more, I was always curious as to why they are around 3k more than diamond. Also knowing now that the table is basically made overseas shouldn’t that make it more affordable like everything else that’s manufactured out of the US.? I’m sure Brunswick could care less but maybe it’s worth asking why?

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sure the table will be 10k or more, I was always curious as to why they are around 3k more than diamond. Also knowing now that the table is basically made overseas shouldn’t that make it more affordable like everything else that’s manufactured out of the US.? I’m sure Brunswick could care less but maybe it’s worth asking why?

I think this is a great question. I would guess there are some number of diamond owners that may have went with a GC5 if the prices were the same. How many times do we read on this forum, "or get a new diamond, its 4k cheaper". Its hard to argue with that statement. The GC5 is a beautiful table.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC the full-retail price of a DiamondPro is around $8,500-8,700 but they rarely go at that. Manning sells them for 6,000-6,600 depending on wood choice. That being said i would bet that GC6's will go for around 8grand street price.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only significant complaint about the five was accurate tolerances. People stated that after assembly the pocket openings varied too much. According to what I was able to find, the table played great in every respect and was well liked by almost every buyer, accept for this one problem. Has that been corrected? Can you have the table drop shipped and assemble it yourself?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I love both and sell both( older GCs). Here is my $0.02

Plain an simple: The GC has far less plywood.. All the cool metal trim parts cost too.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
New Brunswick GC6?????.....:confused:
Sooo...they’re being made in the Canadian Maritimes now?

Mike81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC the full-retail price of a DiamondPro is around $8,500-8,700 but they rarely go at that. Manning sells them for 6,000-6,600 depending on wood choice. That being said i would bet that GC6's will go for around 8grand street price.

You are correct, Manning retails the 9ft pro-am at 5900. Add delivery and setup, depending on where your located, your looking around 6800. I just talked to a Brunswick dealer this week and he quoted me 10,070 for the gc5 delivered and setup, that was with a 2k discount he was nice enough to give me. I personally would buy the gc5 over the diamond because it just looks better. I do like diamond tables as well. However, if your a working class dude there’s no way you can justify the extra 3k price tag. I don’t believe the gc6 will start at 8k if there are still selling the 5s at 10k

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are correct, Manning retails the 9ft pro-am at 5900. Add delivery and setup, depending on where your located, your looking around 6800. I just talked to a Brunswick dealer this week and he quoted me 10,070 for the gc5 delivered and setup, that was with a 2k discount he was nice enough to give me. I personally would buy the gc5 over the diamond because it just looks better. I do like diamond tables as well. However, if your a working class dude there’s no way you can justify the extra 3k price tag. I don’t believe the gc6 will start at 8k if there are still selling the 5s at 10k
WOW. 10grand with a 2grand discount?? Wonder how many new GC's are sold in US each year?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask if Nick Varner is going to receive a new GCVI for his store in Owensboro since he is a Brunswick distributor.

If he does I might go and take another hour lesson from him so I can knock the balls around on that table.

r/DCP

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Whachootalkinboutwillis

-

You don't know....? Let me give you a hint... the same company that makes the exclusive Brunswick pool table cloth.
Your right in their backyard in Chicago, you should go over to the headquarters to say hello and see/hear for yourself.

Rob.M

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
-

You don't know....? Let me give you a hint... the same company that makes the exclusive Brunswick pool table cloth.
Your right in their backyard in Chicago, you should go over to the headquarters to say hello and see/hear for yourself.

Rob.M

The way you worded it, you seem to be saying that the company who makes Brunswick's cushions, is the same company that owns Championship.

Or did you mean that Championship produces the superspeeds?

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thing is, Championship doesn't produce any cushions themselves, so it could be possible that Brunswick buys their cushions via Championship. But for them to go thru a third party to get cushions wouldn't make sense.

Perhaps, the same company that produces super speed cushions also produces cushions for Championship?

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Thing is, Championship doesn't produce any cushions themselves, so it could be possible that Brunswick buys their cushions via Championship. But for them to go thru a third party to get cushions wouldn't make sense.

Perhaps, the same company that produces super speed cushions also produces cushions for Championship?

Brunswick should have Artemis produce their super speed cushions.

Last edited: