The Removal Of The Design Your Dream Thread

What do you feel would be the best dispostion of the DYD thread?

• I feel that the DYD thread should be Open With Continued Participation

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed & No Longer Viewable

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed but Still Viewable With No Further Participation

Votes: 48 36.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I can only imagine how many cuemakers were reading with disgust, and will never post on AZ because of that type of behavior.
Very few cuemakers are squeaky clean and none of them want to take that type of abuse for 8 minutes let alone 8 years.
For AZ Billiards to have any chance of cuemaker participation, the thread had to go.
Enough was enough, and we did it to ourselves

You have an awfully scrambled sense of logic there. If they are unscrupulous, good riddance. Bill deserved all of the abuse he received. What he did was disgusting. There is no need to have one of his collectors (and probable friend) throw themselves forth as an apologist and dismiss his actions. What truly underlies your actions?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's Official

If Bill Stroud should happen to read this today, tomorrow, or five or even ten years down the line...

please consider making an apology regarding DYD.

I wish you well with your health.

whatever the Mods decide to do with the DYD thread I'm sure will be what's in our best interest.

I am officially done with this topic as I've never seen a more broken down beat up dead horse - and I acknowledge that I put a lot of it on the poor animal, myself.

thx,
brian kc

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If Bill Stroud should happen to read this today, tomorrow, or five or even ten years down the line...

please consider making an apology regarding DYD.

I wish you well with your health.

whatever the Mods decide to do with the DYD thread I'm sure will be what's in our best interest.

I am officially done with this topic as I've never seen a more broken down dead horse.

thx,
brian kc

Like I said to dbgordie....we’re all racing on a muddy track here....everybody got dirty.
...but a few posters are still dancing around the fact that full disclosure would’ve changed
the content of the thread entirely....if not Bill, one of his close friends could’ve made the
declaration.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
There is a significant difference with your POV coinciding with those of the mods and your POV being the reason they take action.

Lou Figueroa

Actually not. The mods only react if you actually state your POV. So they can think the same way but if they never read your POV they may or may not act.

By stating my POV it forced them to act. That's how it actually worked. Both times.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By stating my POV it forced them to act. That's how it actually worked. Both times.

Oh jeez, please, please stop... stop it! Oh my God, you’re killin’ me!! (whooo)

phew... man, that’s some funny stuff.

Lou Figueroa
lol, wow

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Oh jeez, please, please stop... stop it! Oh my God, you’re killin’ me!! (whooo)

phew... man, that’s some funny stuff.

Lou Figueroa
lol, wow

How else can you explain why someone with only 300 posts could stop an 8 year thread? It's obvious the mods were okay with the thread until now. It's only my comments that made it happen.

The only reason why it didn't happen earlier is because I wasn't a member then. It took me to do this. The rest of you wouldn't do it or couldn't do it for whatever reasons. I'm sorry I took your fun from you. Oh wait, I'm not. :thumbup:

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
I almost want the thread back up. That way I can go through it and individually quote each of you. Turn it into a shame thread. I've got the time.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Lol...

I almost want the thread back up. That way I can go through it and individually quote each of you. Turn it into a shame thread. I've got the time.

I see a ban a comin' it's coming round the bend, I see a ban a comin' and it's sure to be a win...

Jaden

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Why do you believe that?

You imply that someone hit the warning button. Maybe no one did. But if they did, it was because of what I wrote or what someone else wrote in response to my post. Either way, I started the ball rolling. :thumbup:

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
I see a ban a comin' it's coming round the bend, I see a ban a comin' and it's sure to be a win...

Jaden

You're funny Jaden.:thumbup: Are you getting banned? I don't think you will get banned for stating that Mr Stoud is a liar. I think you are safe.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
How else can you explain why someone with only 300 posts could stop an 8 year thread? It's obvious the mods were okay with the thread until now. It's only my comments that made it happen.

The only reason why it didn't happen earlier is because I wasn't a member then. It took me to do this. The rest of you wouldn't do it or couldn't do it for whatever reasons. I'm sorry I took your fun from you. Oh wait, I'm not. :thumbup:

It's far more likely that the biggest reason it got pulled (among many, I'm sure) was the onset of people suggesting violence in the thread. It was becoming ugly, quickly, and the mods are usually quick to act when that sort of thing happens.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
It's far more likely that the biggest reason it got pulled (among many, I'm sure) was the onset of people suggesting violence in the thread. It was becoming ugly, quickly, and the mods are usually quick to act when that sort of thing happens.

It's called cause and effect. :grin:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

It's called cause and effect. :grin:

You’re right about the cause and effect....but I doubt you initiated it.
....Mike doesn’t sleep too much.

What you did have a first at is you barked at justadub and called him a troll....
....pretty sure that’s the first time one of most sane and civil members has been called that.

pt...sometimes wrong...but don’t bet against it

Status
Not open for further replies.