The Removal Of The Design Your Dream Thread

What do you feel would be the best dispostion of the DYD thread?

• I feel that the DYD thread should be Open With Continued Participation

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed & No Longer Viewable

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed but Still Viewable With No Further Participation

Votes: 48 36.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
You aren’t the only guy dancing around this....but you are dancing, like a politician.

8 years for a Southwest order is often just part of a ten year wait....it’s still exactly the
same order....an expiration date doesn’t come into play.

And 8 years ago in this DYD cue scenario, Bill Stroud was one of the most popular guys
on AZ.....he could’ve ran for Prez....it was a few years later that the doubts arose about
his intentions.....and zero communication from the cue maker till just recently.

There would’ve been very little drama, if any, if there had been communication.

First off, I can't dance. That thread was in poor taste and needed to go. I'm sorry but it was. I understand that you got a lot of entertainment out of it, but still, it was wrong. If the mods bring it back I will be disappointed. It is wrong to bully a cancer survivor. That's what I said to kill the thread. Tell me I'm wrong.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
How do I explain it to you? Because of my comments the thread was put in limbo status until the mods determine what they are going to do.

Clear enough?

I said it was wrong to bully a cancer survivor.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
First off, I can't dance. That thread was in poor taste and needed to go. I'm sorry but it was. I understand that you got a lot of entertainment out of it, but still, it was wrong. If the mods bring it back I will be disappointed. It is wrong to bully a cancer survivor. That's what I said to kill the thread. Tell me I'm wrong.

You make a good point about cancer.....but you can still dance around the 8 years straw
man and the lack of communication.

I repeat.....disclosure would’ve avoided 99% of the aggravation....
....Bill would’ve got sympathy instead of bad feelings.

And I don’t think it’s been all that enjoyable.....
...we’re all racing on a muddy track here

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do I explain it to you? Because of my comments the thread was put in limbo status until the mods determine what they are going to do.

Clear enough?

I said it was wrong to bully a cancer survivor.

No kidding?

Less than 300 posts, joined about a year ago, and you can kill threads all by your lonesome! Very impressive. If you don’t mind my asking... do you use some sort of Kreskin mind power on the mods or maybe a Jedi mind trick?

Some of us who have been around a lot longer than you would love to know, lol.

Lou Figueroa

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
No kidding?

Less than 300 posts, joined about a year ago, and you can kill threads all by your lonesome! Very impressive. If you don’t mind my asking... do you use some sort of Kreskin mind power on the mods or maybe a Jedi mind trick?

Lou Figueroa

I killed the thread where everyone was ganging up on justin386. It was in poor taste. It's wrong to bully someone and the azb mods saw it my way. Same thing with this thread. Hopefully they won't allow this type of behavior to continue.

My secret power is I use my conscience. It's my guide.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
It serves no purpose. The day BS starts building cues again restore it, until then it doesn't help anybody.
Jason<----does not own any BS cues(JW)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I went with the "thread should no longer be viewable" choice.

AZB should be understood as a library in which the threads are the books.

In a library, if an author produces objectionable materials, his entire body of work may be removed from the library at the discretion of the librarian, despite the fact that some previous works of the author had some merit. This is the equivalent of banning in these AZB parts.

Similarly, if a book has ten good chapters well worth reading but one that, in the eyes of the librarian, is objectionable, the book may well be removed from the shelves. This is the equivalent of full removal of a thread in these AZB parts.

Overseeing the library that is the AZB forum is a difficult task, but the moderators, in my opinion, do a pretty good job of managing content. Theirs is a difficult job indeed. Posters that introduce content that leads to the loss of content are antagonists on AZB and the moderators have few ways in which to deal with them.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'm disappointed that the thread was pulled.

Not surprised, just disappointed. Some keyboard warriors jump in, never having been here through it all, and cause conflict and strife with inflammatory posts, so of course the mods shut it down.

Funny how we had a mostly civil discussion for 8 years, then a few self-important newcomers crap all over the thread and it goes to hell.

Again, not surprised.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Some keyboard warriors jump in, never having been here through it all, and cause conflict and strife with inflammatory posts, so of course the mods shut it down.

Funny how we had a mostly civil discussion for 8 years, then a few self-important newcomers crap all over the thread and it goes to hell.

Again, not surprised.

Troll much? Says so above your avatar. You're funny. :thumbup:

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
The fact is having a thread that asks you to vote on if it's okay to continue to bully a cancer survivor is disgusting. That's what the other thread became. A thread to pick on Mr Stroud. I read it. At first with excitement. How cool. To bad I wasn't around then. But then I continued to read it all. It's just horrible. Anyone asking him to apologize needs to re think it. You want him to apologize for getting cancer. That's what you are asking for? I'd tell you all to pound sand.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
No kidding?

Lou Figueroa

Fewer than*

His secret is to be a decent human being, something you need to learn to do, there's no mind trick to "not being a bully" - sorry

I want this thread back to see if Kickin Chicken will immediately delete or edit his posts, I've never seen the Golden Boy act disintegrated so violently under the weight of lame behavior, and enjoyed seeing "the best billiards writer" and "most prolific poster on AZ" spin donuts trying to save face. If it returns locked, as a Mausoleum of Sour Grapes, so much the better.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I swear everything in this world has become so binary. It's hard for me to believe that there's this chasm between the two sides on this issue but here we are.

Anyone who thinks this cue didn't get made because of health reasons is either pushing a known false narrative or is simply a fool.

I guess I'm just old fashioned in that I do every thing in my power to keep my word. I hope the original thread is at least available to read in the future because I will probably make my children read it as a cautionary tale.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I killed the thread where everyone was ganging up on justin386. It was in poor taste. It's wrong to bully someone and the azb mods saw it my way. Same thing with this thread. Hopefully they won't allow this type of behavior to continue.

My secret power is I use my conscience. It's my guide.

There is a significant difference with your POV coinciding with those of the mods and your POV being the reason they take action.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fewer than*

His secret is to be a decent human being, something you need to learn to do, there's no mind trick to "not being a bully" - sorry

I want this thread back to see if Kickin Chicken will immediately delete or edit his posts, I've never seen the Golden Boy act disintegrated so violently under the weight of lame behavior, and enjoyed seeing "the best billiards writer" and "most prolific poster on AZ" spin donuts trying to save face. If it returns locked, as a Mausoleum of Sour Grapes, so much the better.

If you're talking about me, I don't recall trying to save face. I do recall trying to make a rational case for calling out poor behavior here.

Lou Figueroa

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moving on

'It serves no purpose. The day BS starts building cues again restore it, until then it doesn't help anybody." Jasonlaus got it right .

It is time to move on - there are many more important things in life than dragging up an 8 year old event were the only real harm was that some individuals actually enjoyed creating a cue design - which unfortunately did not translate into a real cue being produced - so shame on you Bill Stroud for not telling "us" the whole story (lol) and shame on "us" for dragging this on needlessly.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Fewer than*

I have zero reason to edit or remove anything I've written and it's nice to see you figure me for "the Golden Boy". Thanks, Patrick.

I asked you for clarification of your inaccurate accusation in the other thread and all l got back was crickets. My face needs no saving.

Here's another question I'm sure will not be answered: Who exactly are you "quoting" above with "the best billiards writer" and "most prolific poster on AZ"? Are you making shit up again in trying to buttress your argument? Here's a newsflash: Guys like you who make things up and get caught at it actually erode their own argument.

You and a few others want to make this all about "bullying" someone with cancer because that sounds reprehensible, and it really does. I get that strategy.

But the fact of the matter is is a man, Bill Stroud, did a really crappy thing and despite ample opportunities stretching years to rectify it, has decided not to. He never provided his contest winner with a cue or issuing a long-overdue apology.

I know how badly you and a few like-minded individuals want me or Lou or a host of other posters to be the bad guys in this. I get that strategy, as well.

Since we can't view the other thread at the moment I won't be able to give credit to who wrote this comment or quote it properly but the gist of it was for all the guys who are okay with what Bill did, he would be sure to watch their close hits very closely.

It's about integrity - completely separate from cancer. Understand?

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Dear Mike, Mr Wilson, et al,

We long time members of AZ Billiards wish to thank you for your years of service to the Forums. Regretfully, your services are no longer in need :eek: . We now have a new arbiter of honesty, decency and what is acceptable on the Forum. We wish to welcome dbgordie, AZ Member 108686 as your replacement. We wish them well :rolleyes: .

Sincerely,

Cardiac Kid
AZ Member #109

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only caught the first couple of posts that followed BS' allegation that cancer was to blame. I close at 5, east coast time.

I think pool shoes are a good idea. I also think that I and you and he and she should absolutely

Ok then. Hot outside.

Fake news no additives three pronged enterprise tile.

Status
Not open for further replies.