2018 WPA World 9 Ball

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
lol, when he was 5-8 down you typed in “bye, bye Ms. American Pie”, hating on the US, your home country, like always. I wish you’d take that anti-American bullsh!t and pack up and leave if you hate it so much. Then again, I guess if you’re going to live here and be anti-American, California is the place for you to be.

You feel better now cowboy! How does it feel to be so ugly? :shakehead:
I would refer you to my post #364 but you just want to be an asshole anyway.

Last edited:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Too bad re: Corey. He's a tremendous talent that is capable of competing at the highest level. I would have loved to have 2 Americans in the semis, but it was not to be. Still a good result and something to build from. American pool has been getting some rolls the last couple weeks. I think there is going to be a lot of fired up people next month at the Derby.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
You feel better now cowboy! How does it feel to be so ugly? :shakehead:
I would refer you to my post #364 but you just want to be an asshole anyway.

No, seeing someone that I used to have respect for be so anti American doesn’t make me feel better. I don’t understand it. I’ll never understand people like you that would rather root for conservative failure at the expense of the country than support your leader. I guess it carries over to pool as well because all I’ve seen is you be critical of anything American instead of giving encouragement and praise. It was always apparent in the Mosconi Cup and I’m so glad they put an end to it. Maybe you not being there was the good luck charm we finally needed.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SERIOUSLY doubt JH needs help defending these ignorant posts BUT; I've been watching/listening to JH commentary for YEARS. He calls it like he sees it. If that offends some people's homerism then that's THEIR problem. He calls out bad play regardless of who's on the cue. He's spent his whole life around this game so i'm sure his skin is elephant-hide tough but these shots are just un-called for. My $.02 on this, that's all.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey has been playing really well the past year or so. I hope he keeps it up! I was rooting for him to win.

Now for me it’s either my home country Greece or USA to root for. Hopefully they meet in the finals.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, seeing someone that I used to have respect for be so anti American doesn’t make me feel better. I don’t understand it. I’ll never understand people like you that would rather root for conservative failure at the expense of the country than support your leader. I guess it carries over to pool as well [...]

I'm pretty sure it is you and not Jay that is carrying something over to pool that .., well ..., it would be better if you didn't....

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, seeing someone that I used to have respect for be so anti American doesn’t make me feel better. I don’t understand it. I’ll never understand people like you that would rather root for conservative failure at the expense of the country than support your leader. I guess it carries over to pool as well because all I’ve seen is you be critical of anything American instead of giving encouragement and praise. It was always apparent in the Mosconi Cup and I’m so glad they put an end to it. Maybe you not being there was the good luck charm we finally needed.

You're angry and clueless. I'm just glad I'm not you. :eek:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you were me you’d be winning and trying to make America great again.

You're delusional Tommy! I did win and continue to win in CALIFORNIA real estate! You should be so lucky. As for me, I'd just like to see America normal again. But this is not a political forum so I won't step into your shit pile.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr Page would you have a trend line available by chance of Corey over the past year or two and including this event?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you were me you’d be winning and trying to make America great again.

Good grief! Why are you going off on Jay like that? We all want the same thing. We all want to make America great again in pool, and I think it's happening Shane is having a good year, thank goodness, and we won the Mosconi Cup.

Instead of tearing each other day, let's recognize that we are all members of the Tribal Nation of Pool and stick together.

Slow day at the pawn shop? :grin-square:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Two points. 1. There is a reason I have never opened the NPR forum. Let's keep that crap over there.

2. I read on facebook that Corey said the tournament instituted a shot clock for all matches in the final 8 and it caused him to rush a couple of shots. All of these guys should have no problem with a shot clock, but putting a shot clock in for the final 8 matches makes no sense. There is no need to speed up play since it is single elimination, you are down to 8 players, it is the last match of the day in a tournament that already spread out it's matches across and entire week including a day off in the middle for a holiday. I just don't understand the point of it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Jay Helfert offered to take over the American Mosconi Cup team at his own expense
when their chances of winning seemed almost nil.
...doesn’t seem anti-American to me.

Sounds like you know people that made more generous offers....
....maybe you could list them for us.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two points. 1. There is a reason I have never opened the NPR forum. Let's keep that crap over there.

2. I read on facebook that Corey said the tournament instituted a shot clock for all matches in the final 8 and it caused him to rush a couple of shots. All of these guys should have no problem with a shot clock, but putting a shot clock in for the final 8 matches makes no sense. There is no need to speed up play since it is single elimination, you are down to 8 players, it is the last match of the day in a tournament that already spread out it's matches across and entire week including a day off in the middle for a holiday. I just don't understand the point of it.
Agreed! changing the rules seems bizarre!

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Should never be a shot clock in the world championship. The players don’t want it. The referees don’t want it. TV don’t want it.