5x10 runs

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is an old poster of Jimmy Caras at Drexeline Billiards in the Philly area. Jimmy played out of that room for about 10 years. I believe it says something to the effect of “unbeaten on a 5x10”. I have a picture of it somewhere I’ll see if I can find it. I might be completely mid-remembering!

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is an old poster of Jimmy Caras at Drexeline Billiards in the Philly area. Jimmy played out of that room for about 10 years. I believe it says something to the effect of “unbeaten on a 5x10”. I have a picture of it somewhere I’ll see if I can find it. I might be completely mid-remembering!

Back by one of the 3 cushion tables. Stared at that poster many times.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The official keeper of the records for many years was the BCA. (That's not the BCAPL, CSI or Mark Griffin's company -- it's the US billiard trade association.) They listed the records in their rules and records booklet, which was published every year or three.

1948 -- Crane's and Mosconi's 309s listed but no size was given -- stated elsewhere as 5x10
1953 -- Crane 160 in a WC challenge match against Mosconi, but later it was listed as 4.5x9
1954 -- Mosconi, 526, no size listed
1954 -- Procita 182 no size listed (elsewhere stated 5x10 and against Mosconi)
Not much was added over the next 20 years and in 1977 the 14.1 records were reduced to four numbers and Procita's record was erased.
1980 -- all records for 14.1 removed except for records set at the US Open 14.1.
1991 -- Full list of World Champions and runners-up shown but with no high run records. This was compiled by Charlie Ursitti and Mike Shamos.

There is no BCA records committee currently and that function is done by BCA staff.