Craziest shot you ever performed

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One-pocket escape...maybe not the best...but the best this century,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63itJ9RCnks

Well done, I'm interested in who gave that a thumbs down.

Pretty decent, Bob....but I hear the second table had 5 inch pockets...

Speaking of joining the airborne, here’s one from Canada’s only 400 ball runner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn-ZA2R5oQ

This is probably one my craziest shots. I made it a couple of times in league years ago, tried it two weeks ago and didn't get high enough and fouled, it was fun to try again though.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Made the z shot last time I gambled. Opponent played safe, and I was just trying to make a two rail hit. As it was I made it and got out, at least I think I got out. Was about 5 weeks ago.

Had someone make the same shot on me about 5 months ago.

Couple years ago a guy I gamble with made a 4 rail kick, that was about the best safety I could've played. Made the ball, got a break out afterwards, and ran out on me. Was a bit disheartening as I really didn't think he could hit it the way the balls were laid out.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This thread makes me feel like Charlie Brown.

Attachments

• Charlie Brown.jpg
    Charlie Brown.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....As for my own greatest shot, it was a RAM shot on a break shot when I pocketed 17 balls including three on a neighboring table. The only ball left on my table was the eight ball and I had to shoot a jump shot from the other table to bank the eight three rails in the side -- we were playing "last pocket". I'll put up the video as soon as Cleary finishes editing it.:winknudge:

tenor.gif

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread makes me feel like Charlie Brown.
Gosh, Bum, you just need to develop your imagination a little. I happened to be around for flower power and such. The guys who ran the pool hall frequently discussed how many micrograms they had had that day. And teargas! Nothing like a little tear gas to focus the mind. When it's wandering for some reason. Or no reason at all. Where was I? Oh....

I understand that Colorado is looking into legalizing certain "medicinal" fungi. Alternatively you might be interested that certain species of trichocereus are said to be more "fun" than Lophophora williamsii. The trichocereus on my deck is about five feet tall now with a nice offset. Just think of the impossibilities!

Last edited:

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump bank combo carom corner pocket!

APA called League Opperator over to witness the shot, wish they would have taped it. Full cue jumed oppents ball, banked mine off rail by side pocket ran into one of my balls by the corner and off oppents ball! Called the hole shot.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Gosh, Bum, you just need to develop your imagination a little. I happened to be around for flower power and such. The guys who ran the pool hall frequently discussed how many micrograms they had had that day. And teargas! Nothing like a little tear gas to focus the mind. When it's wandering for some reason. Or no reason at all. Where was I? Oh....

I understand that Colorado is looking into legalizing certain "medicinal" fungi. Alternatively you might be interested that certain species of trichocereus are said to be more "fun" than Lophophora williamsii. The trichocereus on my deck is about five feet tall now with a nice offset. Just think of the impossibilities!

I think I see the ducky and the horsie now!

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if this is the best shot I've ever made, but it's gotta be top 10. I made this shot in 8 ball league last fall on a 9 footer and decided to re-create it at home on my 7 foot table when I got home that night. I had missed my shape on the 8 for ero (bca rules), and this is what I was left with.

In league the cueball and 8 were closer, but I couldn't reproduce it after about ten tries. This was my first attempt at a slightly easier version of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFO87Wrtqac&list=PLLXaRoT70a3oVzHGE9oeN0-vK3IZCHRzT&index=13&t=0s

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Ross and I filmed thousands of shots together over the years, and the one I think was the most difficult was a jump into an OB for a full-ball jump over another OB:

HSV B.4 – Object ball jump shot

This shot is not easy, even for the best of the trick shot and artistic pool pros.

Good thread,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Ross and I filmed thousands of shots together over the years, and the one I think was the most difficult was a jump into an OB for a full-ball jump over another OB:

This shot is not easy, even for the best of the trick shot and artistic pool pros.
Several of the shots I filmed with Samm Diep for the BU Exam III demo were also very fun and satisfying to execute:

NV J.11 – 25 Advanced Game-Winning Pool Shots – BU Exam III

Enjoy,
Dave

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(Insert flash back music)

I was stationed at Torrejon AB, just outside of Madrid, for a while back in my younger single days. One year I won the base level tournament, the Mediterranean championship in Italy, and flew out to Germany where I won the USAF European 14.1 championship. After the tournament I get back to Spain and the base television station wants to do a piece on me. So they send out a camera man and this young female sergeant to do the interview.

Her name was Lisa (beautiful face, bee-stung lips, great rack, legs that went on forever), who I had unsuccessfully lusted after for months. So they set up to shoot and the cameraman asks me to shoot some balls off. I do an interview and then the cameraman says, "Hey, can you shoot any trick shots involving Lisa?"

Now, she's in uniform (a skirt) and I'm thinking to myself, "Self, THIS is a golden opportunity."

So I'm desperately trying to think up some trick shot I can shoot and I can't come up with anything and Lisa is looking at me and finally my testosterone addled brain comes up with the brilliant idea of shooting the "Object Ball Out of the Volunteer's Mouth" shot.

Now frankly, that I had never shot this shot before, even just once, constituted some kind of problem, did not cross my hormone overdosed mind for a nano second.

So I explain the shot and Lisa looks at me dubiously with these huge brown eyes with unbelievable lashes and agrees to participate. So she lays down across the table, legs hanging over the side in her USAF black leather pumps, and I'm rearranging her as much as I can legally get away with and I lean over and tell her to hold the piece of chalk in her teeth. I gently place the chalk between her amazing lips, with an object ball on top of the chalk. Then, as the shot prescribes, I set the cue ball on the rail on top of another couple of pieces of chalk. I describe the shot to the camera, get down, take careful aim, and shoot the shot.

I miss it. Badly.

In fact, I have just smacked lovely Lisa full in the mouth with a flying cue ball, causing her bee-stung lips to swell up more than their natural state, and she immediately starts to look like a boxer who's just gone ten rounds in the wrong weight class. (There might have been dental damage too.)

Lisa shoots up off the table holding her mouth glaring at me and I think to meself, "Self, now you've done it." So I'm apologizing left and right and I start laughing a little. I can't help myself. And it gets worse and now I'm laughing a lot because it was kinda of funny. And then I see the cameraman is hiding laughing his ass off behind the camera, and the photographer for the base paper is also cracking up.

After everyone calms down a little they play the tape back on the monitor and we're all on the floor because the tape is absolutely hilarious: me, looking like I know what I'm doing; Lisa draped over the table (in a skirt and pumps); me describing the shot; and then popping Lisa in the kisser.

Well, the upshot is that I continued to tell Lisa how eternally sorry I was and to make it up I wanted to take her out to dinner and dancing. And she agreed and we did and we danced all night and it was great.

Best trick shot I never made.

Lou Figueroa

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a game of 9-ball, the 1-ball was on the foot rail next to the tit of the pocket. The CB was just off the side rail close to the same pocket. There was another object ball directly across from the CB blocking a simple kick and I cannot shoot one of those masse trick shots. The shot I took is common in 3C, but my opponent had never seen it. I shot to the middle of the foot rail with inside spin which after hitting the opposite side rail brought the CB back to the 1-ball knocking it in. It’s not that difficult of a shot, but it doesn’t come up very often in rotation pool.

In a game of 8-ball, all of the potential pockets were blocked by my opponent’s balls. There were no obvious safeties since all of his balls were on the table and in good position. My only shot was a bank off the end rail to a side pocket, which I called and made. Not as difficult as the 3-rail side pocket shot that I saw Ralf Souquet make in a video, but it was good for someone with my skills.

I have also made a jump shot where the OB was so close that the only option was landing the CB directly on the OB.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made 3 balls in my own hole in one shot, once in 1p...none of which were the cb.

2 dead ones from the stack and one that I was clearing from opponent's hole.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, the upshot is that I continued to tell Lisa how eternally sorry I was and to make it up I wanted to take her out to dinner and dancing. And she agreed and we did and we danced all night and it was great.

thought this story was gonna end with...... "and we have been married for 25 years"...…..

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Good thread,
Dave

The easier version of this shot (jumping ob over a thin portion of an obstructing ball) is a great shot to know!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

I was stationed at Torrejon AB, just outside of Madrid, for a while back in my younger single days. One year I won the base level tournament, the Mediterranean championship in Italy, and flew out to Germany where I won the USAF European 14.1 championship. After the tournament I get back to Spain and the base television station wants to do a piece on me. So they send out a camera man and this young female sergeant to do the interview.

Her name was Lisa (beautiful face, bee-stung lips, great rack, legs that went on forever), who I had unsuccessfully lusted after for months. So they set up to shoot and the cameraman asks me to shoot some balls off. I do an interview and then the cameraman says, "Hey, can you shoot any trick shots involving Lisa?"

Now, she's in uniform (a skirt) and I'm thinking to myself, "Self, THIS is a golden opportunity."

So I'm desperately trying to think up some trick shot I can shoot and I can't come up with anything and Lisa is looking at me and finally my testosterone addled brain comes up with the brilliant idea of shooting the "Object Ball Out of the Volunteer's Mouth" shot.

Now frankly, that I had never shot this shot before, even just once, constituted some kind of problem, did not cross my hormone overdosed mind for a nano second.

So I explain the shot and Lisa looks at me dubiously with these huge brown eyes with unbelievable lashes and agrees to participate. So she lays down across the table, legs hanging over the side in her USAF black leather pumps, and I'm rearranging her as much as I can legally get away with and I lean over and tell her to hold the piece of chalk in her teeth. I gently place the chalk between her amazing lips, with an object ball on top of the chalk. Then, as the shot prescribes, I set the cue ball on the rail on top of another couple of pieces of chalk. I describe the shot to the camera, get down, take careful aim, and shoot the shot.

I miss it. Badly.

In fact, I have just smacked lovely Lisa full in the mouth with a flying cue ball, causing her bee-stung lips to swell up more than their natural state, and she immediately starts to look like a boxer who's just gone ten rounds in the wrong weight class. (There might have been dental damage too.)

Lisa shoots up off the table holding her mouth glaring at me and I think to meself, "Self, now you've done it." So I'm apologizing left and right and I start laughing a little. I can't help myself. And it gets worse and now I'm laughing a lot because it was kinda of funny. And then I see the cameraman is hiding laughing his ass off behind the camera, and the photographer for the base paper is also cracking up.

After everyone calms down a little they play the tape back on the monitor and we're all on the floor because the tape is absolutely hilarious: me, looking like I know what I'm doing; Lisa draped over the table (in a skirt and pumps); me describing the shot; and then popping Lisa in the kisser.

Best trick shot I never made.

Lou Figueroa

This is great!!