Orcollo vs SVB confirmed

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No love affair between these two old rivals. It should be interesting. I remember the back to back U.S. Opens when Shane beat Dennis in the finals. Two of the best matches I ever officiated. Dennis really wanted that title but Shane refused to give it up. They both left their guts out on that table!

And then then their was their ill fated partnership in the Paquiao tourney in the PI. They went from doubles partners to enemies over the course of three days. It got ugly between them and they've carried that grudge for years.

I tried more than once to create a reconciliation with no luck. I have mad respect for both of them, on and off the table.

Can you share the story or direct us to a link?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 1 hole player :grin::grin:.
That's a good 1 :thumbup:
Insanely good pocket billiards player is what he is, and nobody in the world has to like it against him, in any of the games.
Much like Efren, the guy finds a way to come through when there's cash on the line.
His biggest weakness is so minuscule, that if Shane is off his game by a 1% Dennis will crush him, and vice versa.
I'm a Shane fanboy, but Dennis is a monster pure and simple.

I think you read to much into the 1hole comment.

What you stated is common sense. Yes, Dennis is a beast of epic proportions and so is SVB.

IMO, Dennis's best game is 1hole and for obvious reasons. On the other hand, SVBs best game is.....drum roll....10 ball and for obvious reasons.

And your correct, that was a good one.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what we're "two" think, then.

Just when I thought you had me on ignore you surprise me.

I'm almost certain you are kin to a third grade teacher I had because she never missed an opportunity to jab me.

I guess that means I have your attention. Thank you sir.

Jeff

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just when I thought you had me on ignore you surprise me.

I'm almost certain you are kin to a third grade teacher I had because she never missed an opportunity to jab me.

I guess that means I have your attention. Thank you sir.

Jeff

Why would I put you on ignore? At least 19% of your posts our ok.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
The way Helfert talked, they don't like each other because of their past situations. Because of those comments, I think it's a grudge match a long time ah coming....also think DO's rotation game is not good enough at this point in life, to win the US Open 9 ball event. He's not a kid anymore, and Shane has actually, from my point of view, improved in that time frame. DO always stayed at Jays home in CA and he knows their situation better than any of us.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way Helfert talked, they don't like each other because of their past situations. Because of those comments, I think it's a grudge match a long time ah coming....also think DO's rotation game is not good enough at this point in life, to win the US Open 9 ball event. He's not a kid anymore, and Shane has actually, from my point of view, improved in that time frame. DO always stayed at Jays home in CA and he knows their situation better than any of us.

I agree with everything you said.

Jay knows them both especially DO.

like you, I feel his rotation game (9 ball and 10 ball) is a notch below SVB. If they were going to play 15 ball rotation, I would say DO has an advantage over SVB.

Jeff

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You might also want to consider DO will stay in action long after all the other top players have gone to sleep

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am hoping he doesn't!

You might also want to consider DO will stay in action long after all the other top players have gone to sleep

I hope he doesn't do that playing Shane. He faltered a bit playing Tony one pocket after pulling an all nighter gambling after their day's play. We all know either one can win on a given day. I think Shane has a bit of an edge unless Dennis buries him early. I definitely don't think that Dennis has much of a chance if he comes to a session with too little rest after gambling into the wee hours.

I don't know this venue. Is it a twenty-four hour hall or does it close a few hours? Might save Dennis from himself if they close at twelve or two.

Hu

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

DO may not always be a top player but, he will most certainly always be a top action player.

That killer instinct stays with them long after their ability to kill is gone. That's what made them killers in the first place.

Jeff

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

I don't know how Shane can improve from that US title when he beat DO.
Dennis shot some .930+ and lost bad. :eek:
Shane just outsafed him. Won like 7 games in a row iirc.
I think they shot just about even but Shane's break and safety games are better than Dennis's.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope he doesn't do that playing Shane. He faltered a bit playing Tony one pocket after pulling an all nighter gambling after their day's play. We all know either one can win on a given day. I think Shane has a bit of an edge unless Dennis buries him early. I definitely don't think that Dennis has much of a chance if he comes to a session with too little rest after gambling into the wee hours.

I don't know this venue. Is it a twenty-four hour hall or does it close a few hours? Might save Dennis from himself if they close at twelve or two.

Hu
I'm pretty sure Roy and Dima will make sure that doesn't happen again he will be well rested well fed and well practiced, If any of the two's game has fallen of a tad I'd say it's Shane's game , But I would expect he will also be practicing hard because he can't afford to fall behind DO like he did Chang or it will be the same result

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how Shane can improve from that US title when he beat DO.
Dennis shot some .930+ and lost bad. :eek:
Shane just outsafed him. Won like 7 games in a row iirc.
I think they shot just about even but Shane's break and safety games are better than Dennis's.

The gap in both aspects of DO's game has vastly improved since then , I still think Shane's break is better but by a much smaller margin and because of all the one pocket play his safe game has also ,
For every day Shane was fishing DO has been in the box if there ever was a time for him to beat Shane that time is now

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
To reiterate what I said before the SVB vs Shaw match of a couple of months ago, it's hard to understand why anyone is willing to play "rack your own" against Shane, but it looks like Shane has ensnared another. I guessed then it was worth ten on the wire. Shaw played phenomenal pool and lost 100-91.

Orcullo can definitely win because he's a true champion, but I think he's made a very tough game here. With a neutral racker, this is almost too close to call, but given the format, my prediction is SVB 100 Orcullo 86.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DO may not always be a top player but, he will most certainly always be a top action player.

That killer instinct stays with them long after their ability to kill is gone. That's what made them killers in the first place.

Jeff

Lol your right but he's still a top player as we speak, why do you think he's playing all this one pocket , just like Shane and Chang no one wants to play them 10 ball , that's why

DO plays all this one pocket because he can give the nuts and outrun it , overall it's made him a better in all games , hell I know for a fact if they can catch the right bet and they are trying he wants to take a run at 626 ,

i think people underestimate the importance of Roy and Dima in this , they are not just backers they are like horse trainers Roys Basment is a training facility, look at DD and Kristina for instance thier game has improved dramatically,

I watched Dima one day trying to show a shot to Kristina and she clearly was getting frustrated with him , finally she hit the shot and she lit up like a Christmas tree ,

I had to chuckle because some of the guys watching were like what can he teach her and I said plenty, after that I looked over and said there you have it ,

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Lol your right but he's still a top player as we speak, why do you think he's playing all this one pocket , just like Shane and Chang no one wants to play them 10 ball , that's why

DO plays all this one pocket because he can give the nuts and outrun it , overall it's made him a better in all games , hell I know for a fact if they can catch the right bet and they are trying he wants to take a run at 626 ,

i think people underestimate the importance of Roy and Dima in this , they are not just backers they are like horse trainers Roys Basment is a training facility, look at DD and Kristina for instance thier game has improved dramatically,

I watched Dima one day trying to show a shot to Kristina and she clearly was getting frustrated with him , finally she hit the shot and she lit up like a Christmas tree ,

I had to chuckle because some of the guys watching were like what can he teach her and I said plenty, after that I looked over and said there you have it ,

They have another coach too.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To reiterate what I said before the SVB vs Shaw match of a couple of months ago, it's hard to understand why anyone is willing to play "rack your own" against Shane, but it looks like Shane has ensnared another. I guessed then it was worth ten on the wire. Shaw played phenomenal pool and lost 100-91.

Orcullo can definitely win because he's a true champion, but I think he's made a very tough game here. With a neutral racker, this is almost too close to call, but given the format, my prediction is SVB 100 Orcullo 86.

Shaw is good but he's got some dog in him that I don't think DO has , and I'd say DO is every bit the rack Mechanic now that Shane is they spend hours and hours learning the rack in Roys Basement
I just have a feeling knowing this crew personally that they think they have the better end of it like Vegas they ain't wrong often we shall see