Silver Member
He took your post as disagreement.

You've been added to his
:rotflmao1:ignore list.

L
O
L
Alrighty, me and my sheep mentality, lol
I didn't mention the fact about Mosconi's run being on an 8' because I'm sure you are aware. Anyhoo, there are 3 different size 8' tables. I owned an 8' for many years before I finally bought a 9' Diamond Pro. I realize I'm not in your league when it comes to 14.1, not going to dispute that fact.
I did say "my gut" tells me he broke the record. But, there are questions that need to be answered. Is this 626 "official"?
Danny, like a wrote before....it's all speculation. Carry on :rolleyes:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ok

Alrighty, me and my sheep mentality, lol
I didn't mention the fact about Mosconi's run being on an 8' because I'm sure you are aware. Anyhoo, there are 3 different size 8' tables. I owned an 8' for many years before I finally bought a 9' Diamond Pro. I realize I'm not in your league when it comes to 14.1, not going to dispute that fact.
I did say "my gut" tells me he broke the record. But, there are questions that need to be answered. Is this 626 "official"?
Danny, like a wrote before....it's all speculation. Carry on :rolleyes:

Fair enough, I just could not help but notice yer calling it a great 'feat' or 'record' that had been broken in yer prior post (as if it were fact) this is inaccurate. However - you are entitled to 'your gut' but yer gut is NOT an official 'record' you stated "a record that has been broken" that is incorrect, not even close to accurate - i notice u said it very nonchalantly - just like a rodent fo fake noose community. At least you can see there is a problem in the editing room - or maybe I should call it 'the dragon promo/bca video chop shop'. Yer right about one facet - there are questions that need to be answered. They (powrs that are better left b) may not enjoy the free publicity here as much as they once thought. This thread is the backlash of their fake news fishing expedition, if they want to dance - they should be prepared to pay the fiddler. Many of the young generation today - do not trust the news - I don't blame them. Claiming a celebrated sports history record is no longer - without providing proof to the public after almost a year is a sure sign of possible fake noose rope - it's really a travesty. I guess that is the way the ol bal rolls - sad days for sports history. What if somebody over at nyslimes is sitting in there new hot tub (they got from bca) - laughing at being able to think they have re-written a well established and celebrated American 14.1 sports history record. Ok I do have a vivid one but it aint that much of a reach. bca definitely has a few lumps in their bad gravy.

Last edited:

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
However - you are entitled to 'your gut' but yer gut is NOT an official 'record' you stated "a record that has been broken" that is incorrect, not even close to accurate - i notice u said it very nonchalantly - just like a rodent fo fake noose community.

This thread is the backlash of their fake news fishing expedition, if they want to dance - they should be prepared to pay the fiddler. Many of the young generation today - do not trust the news - I don't blame them. Claiming a celebrated sports history record is no longer - without providing proof to the public after almost a year is a sure sign of possible fake noose rope - it's really a travesty.

So, I suggest something for the future: D.Harriman and xradarx will decide on all future records. Anything they don't approve is just ... nothing. Any player who is not approved by those two greats shall be banned from the pool community - the only tournaments, exhibitions etc. he or she can take part in shall be in Angola or Mozambique.

Anyone claiming anything not approved by the two divine authorities in pool DH and xrx shall be banned from AZB for spreading fake news.

There will be no pool results, numbers or records not approved by the only two in the know and being THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY to approve.

People DH does not like may never attempt to break any record. BCA is not approved and shall be moved to Angola with a license for bathtub sales, only.

Did I get it now, finally? (Trying my best .... )

Hoping to avoid the wrath and ignore file of the greatest pool authority ever. Meucciplayer.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Official High run record

cranfield record article.jpg
Here is the article that states the highest exhibition run of 768. Not Schmidt at 626. So lets here the difference.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK, can you link to the video?

Sent from the future.

If you are referring to The so called run by Schmidt it is not the highest run and there is no unedited video of it anyways. Are you really that big of a dumbass or just clueless?Just asking as that’s the stupidest comment ever. You certainly win a trophy for it. Where is a video of the highest run in an exhibition or tournament. I would think it would be Darren Appleton’s 200 and out in tournament play. It’s unedited for sure.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cranfield broke 700 twice. Mosconi said he broke 600 on 3 different occasions but didn’t count them as ihr considered it just practice since it was not an exhibition where people had to get tickets to see in person and a scheduled event. Not a non stop high run attempts with a special table and conditions repeatedly for months at a time.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

View attachment 540628
Here is the article that states the highest exhibition run of 768. Not Schmidt at 626. So lets here the difference.

Of course they did not have the benefit back in Cranfield's era to film that long of a run. Also with this today's new technology (computer graph) that can check the video quality or shall I say integrity of a claim. I think this puts a little more accountability - on the modern wanna b's, since they do not release footage to public - they (bca,nytimers, beurocratic puppets) can dodge the evidence or fact checking accountability. So I guess cue ball Kelly's word is good - since they did not have tech they DO have today - to catch those in search of tryin to steal official records for political gain - or what ever there motive is for being non transparent with definitive evidence. I know john and charlie - when it comes to $ or power, however I do hear from reliable sources that cue ball Kelly was a man of integrity. Cranfield's 768 stands in my view.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If you are referring to The so called run by Schmidt it is not the highest run and there is no unedited video of it anyways. Are you really that big of a dumbass or just clueless?Just asking as that’s the stupidest comment ever. You certainly win a trophy for it. Where is a video of the highest run in an exhibition or tournament. I would think it would be Darren Appleton’s 200 and out in tournament play. It’s unedited for sure.

A trophy? Thanks, but being one of the 3 stooges is still better so you win.

Sent from the future.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course they did not have the benefit back in Cranfield's era to film that long of a run. Also with this today's new technology (computer graph) that can check the video quality or shall I say integrity of a claim. I think this puts a little more accountability - on the wanna b's, since they do not release footage to public - they (bca,nytimers, beurocratic puppets) can dodge the evidence or fact checking accountability. So I guess cue ball Kelly's word is good - since they did not have tech they DO have today - to catch those in search of tryin to steal official records for political gain - or what ever there motive is for being non transparent with definitive evidence.

Danny that’s a lot of fancy’s words.
Anyways to simply put it. Mosconi has the highest 8 ft exhibition run which as a player that knows pool history and has run over I feel the 8ft table is much harder. If it was easier than how come no one has ever spoke of running a 300 or 400 ball run ever.
Highest mystery video with doctored table belongs to Schmidt and so on.

Last edited:

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
A trophy? Thanks, but being one of the 3 stooges is still better so you win.

Sent from the future.

Call me what you wish but facts are facts.
768 highest exhibition run ever. Accept the facts.
Also from me a person that can actually play the game at a high level not a 20 ball nit runner like yourself.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Also from me a person that can actually play the game at a high level not a 20 ball nit runner like yourself.
20?, I've never even played the game. I don't dispute you 3 are skilled players, just not quite right is all.

Sent from the future.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know the above was not directed at me but, I know several experienced 14.1 players that run 12 to14 balls and then shoot nut-up safes. They are very respectable opponents in 14.1 but aren't able to run big numbers in practice but, like I said, they can grind in 14.1 with most all but the very best in tournament settings.

For the record, my high run isn't anywhere near some of you guy's but, it is 156 and it was in match play.

I have a lot of respect for all you big ball runners but, I think we know that most matches are won by running a rack or less and then a safe.....not 125 and out. The 125 and outs are much, much more rare than the make a few and duck until someone sells out.

I'll get back to my popcorn and the sideline now.

Jeff

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know the above was not directed at me but, I know several experienced 14.1 players that run 12 to14 balls and then shoot nut-up safes. They are very respectable opponents in 14.1 but aren't able to run big numbers in practice but, like I said, they can grind in 14.1 with most all but the very best in tournament settings.

For the record, my high run isn't anywhere near some of you guy's but, it is 156 and it was in match play.

I have a lot of respect for all you big ball runners but, I think we know that most matches are won by running a rack or less and then a safe.....not 125 and out. The 125 and outs are much, much more rare than the make a few and duck until someone sells out.

I'll get back to my popcorn and the sideline now.

Jeff

No sir it was to Mr. Logical after he thought it was funny to call me a stooge.. !56 is a incredible run and congrats on it. Mizerak told me he would like to avg. 40 balls every time he got to the table. Makes alot of sense to me. Its just crazy that people don't understand What it takes to make high runs.How much easier it is when you have a table custom doctored to make the balls fall in when they shouldn't and just hang at the holes not to mention 760 Simonis cloth and pulling the balls off the table many, many times after the run has started and polishing them which makes the conditions stay the same the whole way through the run and never making the run get harder. People that have never run many balls don't understand these variables they only think of the ball count. I myself as a player that has broke 100 balls hundreds of times feels it is totally disrespectful to the game to obviously cheat by making such conditions that would never ever ever ever ever ever be such conditions in any Tournament or anywhere else.
Not 1 person in history has had such conditions set up like this for any reason but Schmidt. So if conditions don't matter than how come Schmidt has never broke 300 on a pro diamond table which is less than half of the 626 and he has tried on a Diamond for about 10-15 years. Point proven I believe.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No sir it was to Mr. Logical after he thought it was funny to call me a stooge.. !56 is a incredible run and congrats on it. Mizerak told me he would like to avg. 40 balls every time he got to the table. Makes alot of sense to me. Its just crazy that people don't understand What it takes to make high runs.How much easier it is when you have a table custom doctored to make the balls fall in when they shouldn't and just hang at the holes not to mention 760 Simonis cloth and pulling the balls off the table many, many times after the run has started and polishing them which makes the conditions stay the same the whole way through the run and never making the run get harder. People that have never run many balls don't understand these variables they only think of the ball count. I myself as a player that has broke 100 balls hundreds of times feels it is totally disrespectful to the game to obviously cheat by making such conditions that would never ever ever ever ever ever be such conditions in any Tournament or anywhere else.
Not 1 person in history has had such conditions set up like this for any reason but Schmidt. So if conditions don't matter than how come Schmidt has never broke 300 on a pro diamond table which is less than half of the 626 and he has tried on a Diamond for about 10-15 years. Point proven I believe.

Oh, ok....we're on the very same page. 1000%.

When I first learned of John's 626, I defended his stance at every turn. I even argued with some about how it didn't matter that John had the balls cleaned.

In my defense, I was told that his cleaning the balls was just wiping them off with a towel after each 100 hundred or so balls.....not using a machine with polish etc...etc. I was also in the dark on the 760 being used, not to mention, a freaking heater under the table. A heated table + polished balls + 760 is HUGE.

In the end, 626 balls is a huge number regardless of the conditions but, I now have a different stance on the matter.

How can anyone thats ever had a rack split open like their glued together because of chalk build up or had a skid due to the same...even think that his run is a valid world record after finding out about all of the prime conditions?

Like 99% of the people on the planet, I don't have a dog or a dollar in John's race but, I do however LOVE 14.1 and would really like to see it stay as pure as possible.....especially when involving the official world record that was set in conditions that were more pure than ANY tournament played today, much less a doctored practice session.

14.1 is about as dead as George Washington and I'm not sure it will ever be popular again but, that doesn't mean the few that do play 14.1 should be forced to accept a lesser standard just because the masses do.

Some of my friends say I have changed my mind when in fact, that's far from the truth. The truth is, I like many others have, IMO been misled to a degree that I'm not comfortable with.

It's obviously that most do not care much if at all about the circumstances around his run but, then again, like you said, most have no idea what it takes, nor how it feels to run even fifty or a hundred, much less several hundred balls the correct way.

I know some have issues with John personally due to bad experiences in tournaments etc...etc. having said that, I don't know John extremely well but, I have played him twice. Once in a tournament (I won 125 to 71) and once in a private match (he ran me over 125 to 18).

He wasn't overly friendly either time but, he wasn't what I would call disrespectful either. Maybe if I had the opportunity to play more often or at least spend more time around him I may have witnessed what some say they've seen from him.

What bothers me the most is that the methods used will eventually be the norm among future 14.1 players. I mean....why wouldn't they? It is considered the new world record.

Jeff

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Danny that’s a lot of fancy’s words.
Anyways to simply put it. Mosconi has the highest 8 ft exhibition run which as a player that knows pool history and has run over I feel the 8ft table is much harder. If it was easier than how come no one has ever spoke of running a 300 or 400 ball run ever.
Highest mystery video with doctored table belongs to Schmidt and so on.
Because most competitive, high level, pool players that are capable of said run stick to barbox or 9 footer as they are the only size tables (other then 10s) used in competition these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.