Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I think I'll pique your interest with a little preview, starting with ball 283:

" ... then the 9 ball in the side with just a little roll forward so with the 13 in the corner he moves the 7 off the 4 and into break position, and then the 11, 2, and 6 along the bottom rail ending on the right side rail to play the 10 up to the head pocket clearing access to the 15 on that same side rail. With all the problems solved, he plays almost a series of stop shots finally floating off the 4 to end with about a 45-degree cut on the 7. There is a brief intermission while the cloth on the rails is changed and a new set of balls is put into service.

The 7 disappears into the corner pocket and the rack splits open like a ripe melon. He begins with the 3 ball into the corner on a stop shot, followed by ...."

If that doesn't pump up sales, I don't know what can.

Bob, seriously...any true straight pool player watching that on video would not need the narrative to understand what was transpiring. Five straight hours may be a much for many to endure.

What if there is actually a non disclosure form prohibiting you from discussing the video and/or the presentation? Will you still attend?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob, seriously...any true straight pool player watching that on video would not need the narrative to understand what was transpiring. Five straight hours may be a much for many to endure....
You don't understand. The Bob Talk Tour will be entirely oral. There will be no video at my presentations. I will describe the whole run in exact detail. Like Homer used to do and I don't mean the donuts guy. And I will do it from memory, all 627 shots.

Spoiler alert!

Shot 627 is a miss.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Bob, seriously...any true straight pool player watching that on video would not need the narrative to understand what was transpiring. Five straight hours may be a much for many to endure.

What if there is actually a non disclosure form prohibiting you from discussing the video and/or the presentation? Will you still attend?

You don't understand. The Bob Talk Tour will be entirely oral. There will be no video at my presentations. I will describe the whole run in exact detail. Like Homer used to do and I don't mean the donuts guy. And I will do it from memory, all 627 shots.

Spoiler alert!

Shot 627 is a miss.

Gotcha...

I'm sure your tour will be a smash. :eek:k: But I seriously thought that you were actually planning on attending the JS 626 show before following up with your own, done entirely from memory. :wink:...My above questions are still without answers.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gotcha...

I'm sure your tour will be a smash. :eek:k: But I seriously thought that you were actually planning on attending the JS 626 show before following up with your own, done entirely from memory. :wink:...My above questions are still without answers.
Since my admission is already paid without any suggestion of an NDA, I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Why do you even bring up the subject?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course, not automatically a guarantee that 400 gets to 600, but the likelihood/ potential to get there is plainly apparent.

And to allege the difficulty between 50-100 is less than 400-500 is ludicrous.

Ludicrous is a gross understatement. IMO, you are on target sir.

If a person can run 200 to 300 balls on demand like it's a warm up and then pump out ~400+ runs on a good day....I don't see it being unrealistic to think that player could eventually catch that gear while on a good day and cruise farther than they ever have before..........rinse and repeat over a period of time and eventually the odds are actually in their favor to run HUGE numbers.

Having said that, even the elite pros don't stand a chance at hitting 600+ unless they commit themselves to it for an extended period of time and that is IMO the biggest reason Willie's record stood for as long as it did and also the reason why John's record may stand even longer.

I think we all know there are players today that most certainly have the potential to do it but, we also know that the one's that have that potential aren't willing to put their careers, family etc...etc on hold for what seems like nothing in return.

It's hard enough to make a living playing 9 ball, 10 ball etc....etc but, its literally impossible to do so with 14.1.....or so it seems.

I don't blame them.

Jeff

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Since my admission is already paid without any suggestion of an NDA, I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Why do you even bring up the subject?

I didn't "bring up the subject", it's been a long disputed topic contained in the thread and, until now, was an unanswered question as to whether or not one is actually required. Was the prohibition against video taping the run also not mentioned, or do you assume that you can bring your camera phone?

The fact that it wasn't already mentioned is not a guarantee that it won't be. I don't know either way, but perhaps you should not be so sure. Not trying to get into a contest or bicker. I'm out.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't "bring up the subject", it's been a long disputed topic contained in the thread and, until now, was an unanswered question as to whether or not one is actually required. Was the prohibition against video taping the run also not mentioned, or do you assume that you can bring your camera phone?

The fact that it wasn't already mentioned is not a guarantee that it won't be. I don't know either way, but perhaps you should not be so sure. Not trying to get into a contest or bicker. I'm out.

There is a NDA saying you can't disclose the NDA.

They don't want you to leak out that he yelled out, "OVER THERE" and did a RAM SHOT on ball 382 where he made 7 balls in 6 different pockets. He went from 382 to 389 on that one shot. :)

Last edited:

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"There is a brief intermission while the cloth on the rails is changed and a new set of balls is put into service." What?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"There is a brief intermission while the cloth on the rails is changed and a new set of balls is put into service." What?
Yes, that was the table maintenance at 294. You must have been thinking about when the slates were changed out at 434 for a set that was shaved better.

Since other people are making stuff up, I thought I would, too.:thumbup:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge BJ fan here. Did you know Bobby J beat SVB handily at a straight pool tourney? What an effing legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that was the table maintenance at 294. You must have been thinking about when the slates were changed out at 434 for a set that was shaved better.

Since other people are making stuff up, I thought I would, too.:thumbup:

Lots of.that going on for sure.

Enjoy the viewing sir.

Jeff

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Huge BJ fan here. Did you know Bobby J beat SVB handily at a straight pool tourney? What an effing legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seent it!! He put SVB in a J-lock and took him out. It was quite impressive

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I'll pique your interest with a little preview, starting with ball 283:

" ... then the 9 ball in the side with just a little roll forward so with the 13 in the corner he moves the 7 off the 4 and into break position, and then the 11, 2, and 6 along the bottom rail ending on the right side rail to play the 10 up to the head pocket clearing access to the 15 on that same side rail. With all the problems solved, he plays almost a series of stop shots finally floating off the 4 to end with about a 45-degree cut on the 7. There is a brief intermission while the cloth on the rails is changed and a new set of balls is put into service.

The 7 disappears into the corner pocket and the rack splits open like a ripe melon. He begins with the 3 ball into the corner on a stop shot, followed by ...."

If that doesn't pump up sales, I don't know what can.

That's pretty good, but can you please do a version without numbers, for the numerically challenged?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course, not automatically a guarantee that 400 gets to 600, but the likelihood/ potential to get there is plainly apparent.

And to allege the difficulty between 50-100 is less than 400-500 is ludicrous.

No, I don’t think so.

That’s why many guys who run 100 have zero chance of running 200.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ludicrous is a gross understatement. IMO, you are on target sir.

If a person can run 200 to 300 balls on demand like it's a warm up and then pump out ~400+ runs on a good day....I don't see it being unrealistic to think that player could eventually catch that gear while on a good day and cruise farther than they ever have before..........rinse and repeat over a period of time and eventually the odds are actually in their favor to run HUGE numbers.

Having said that, even the elite pros don't stand a chance at hitting 600+ unless they commit themselves to it for an extended period of time and that is IMO the biggest reason Willie's record stood for as long as it did and also the reason why John's record may stand even longer.

I think we all know there are players today that most certainly have the potential to do it but, we also know that the one's that have that potential aren't willing to put their careers, family etc...etc on hold for what seems like nothing in return.

It's hard enough to make a living playing 9 ball, 10 ball etc....etc but, its literally impossible to do so with 14.1.....or so it seems.

I don't blame them.

Jeff

Sure, there must be another reason why all the 300 ball runners haven’t gotten to 400.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...to allege the difficulty between 50-100 is less than 400-500 is ludicrous.
The difficulty goes up as the run gets longer for a simple reason: shit happens, and the longer the run the more shit. Getting to 626 is largely about avoiding or overcoming more problems than anybody else.

pj
chgo

Status
Not open for further replies.