Cuemaker problem pics

JMiller1975

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, as you can probably tell, I'm most definitely not a photographer and had to use my iPhone to take these.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
This is the reason most cue makers hate making JP's. They are just as much work as making the cue. Engraving seems to be hard a d I think most people usually sends them out for engraving. Of course you have every right to be upset, I'd just chalk it up as a lose and get your refund. If the cuemaker doesn't originally make them when making the cue, chances are he really didnt really want to ever make them for the cue or it would've been done with the original order.

I also doubt many cuemakers would tell you but you probably ordered them at one of the worst times of the year. Most makers are starting their cues for the sbe and other shows at that time and don't have time for much else. Not mAking excuses for him but it's the honest truth.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alton he is not, time for the excues to start rolling in.
I mean if a cuemaker doesn't want to do cuecaps or is not capable, they should take a play at the D.A.R.E. handbook and "just say no", but sending them out the shop like that is embarrassing!
Like I said before, best case scenario it's honest mistake due to rushing or poor quality control, worst case they are sending out a bad product hoping buyer won't complain.

Heck for 700, you could have got a Jackpot or three Schmekles.

Last edited:

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP -- This is probably what your face looks like right now...I'd be pissed..

I know that I'd be pissed,
if after receiving this 'quality' of product after such a long wait, getting jerked around a bit--and especially-at-the price point you had to pay.

3diamondface-modified.jpg

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
you said eddie said he wouldn't charge you
did he refund your $300 ?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are decent and look good. BUT, for $700 for qty 4 joint protectors, I’d expect them to be near flawless.

I also don’t believe the Predator logo part. He probably just couldn’t figure out how to do it, or didn’t want to do it.

RogerO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you said eddie said he wouldn't charge you
did he refund your $300 ?

The OP said that he was told that he wouldn't be charged for the "tops." I took that to mean that the maker was referring to the ends of the caps where he admitted that he had issues engraving the Roman numerals. Personally, I like the diamonds better as they tie into the rings.

Roger

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a sad excuse for craftsmanship even for a middling cue maker. I'd be upset and want a full refund as well. Throw in the hefty price tag and it almost seems surreal.

Reactions: JC