Cuemaker problem pics

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid him in full $685 (I rounded it to $700 for simplicity's sake) He did reimburse me the $685. I'll eat the two shipping charges for the two times I had to ship to him and the % that PayPal charged me and call it a "lesson charge"

Did you return the JPs?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand the problem with his cnc machine doing a roman numeral. Should be an easy G&M code to write.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The OP said that he was told that he wouldn't be charged for the "tops." I took that to mean that the maker was referring to the ends of the caps where he admitted that he had issues engraving the Roman numerals. Personally, I like the diamonds better as they tie into the rings.

Roger

Thanks for clarifying that....:thumbup:

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So to recap.....

-cuemaker committed to something he probably shouldn't have
-there were some problems/delays with production
-finished product obviously wasn't up to standard
-full purchase price was refunded
-you post a giant "here's what injustice happened to me..." with pictures to detail your ordeal of basically being out the cost of shipping.

That's a dick move on your part.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So to recap.....

-cuemaker committed to something he probably shouldn't have
-there were some problems/delays with production
-finished product obviously wasn't up to standard
-full purchase price was refunded
-you post a giant "here's what injustice happened to me..." with pictures to detail your ordeal of basically being out the cost of shipping.

That's a dick move on your part.

I am sure I'll be in the minority here, but if anyone is a dick, I would say it is you.

It's posts like yours(knocking folks for sharing an honest experience) that allow cuemakers to not be held responsible for their actions or accountable for their quality control, also OP is out shipping costs, pay pal fees and a lot of wasted time.

Look at RKC, apparently, people have known for years he takes some folks rails and money then goes missing in action.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure I'll be in the minority here, but if anyone is a dick, I would say it is you.

It's posts like yours(knocking folks for sharing an honest experience) that allow cuemakers to not be held responsible for their actions or accountable for their quality control, also OP is out shipping costs, pay pal fees and a lot of wasted time.

Look at RKC, apparently, people have known for years he takes some folks rails and money then goes missing in action.

Ok, so any time a cuemaker has an off day they're going to be the next RKC? Pump the brakes there, kiddo.

Let's ask the OP......hey, OP.....were you pissing and moaning about the experience, because it sure seemed like it to me. Or were you just giving honest feedback about your pain and suffering over shipping and Paypal fees?

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I posted two threads so people would feel sorry for me

In reality, what I did was post a first thread asking what people have done in the past when they ordered something from a cuemaker who continued to lie and drag their feet for half a year and then deliver a shitty product without any remorse. I also posted that question without using the cuemaker's name but I got a lot of responses as well as private messages asking who the cue maker was. This thread was in response to these requests.

God forbid we let people who are searching for a quality cue maker know there are unscrupulous people out there who are willing and ready to take their money for something they can't or won't do.

Yeah, I'm the dick for talking about my experience. Not the person who had my money for half a year and then didn't do what he said would. Nor did he ever issue an explanation or apology.

No explanation or apology, just a full refund. Oh My God how did you survive!?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so any time a cuemaker has an off day they're going to be the next RKC? Pump the brakes there, kiddo.

Let's ask the OP......hey, OP.....were you pissing and moaning about the experience, because it sure seemed like it to me. Or were you just giving honest feedback about your pain and suffering over shipping and Paypal fees?

Well, we would never know with folks like you who shame and try to silence anyone for sharing an honest review with pictures instead of licking the cuemakers boots.

I got an idea, maybe you should pump the breaks, slow your roll and actually blame the cuemaker who messed up

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, we would never know with folks like you who shame and try to silence anyone for sharing an honest review with pictures instead of licking the cuemakers boots.

I got an idea, maybe you should pump the breaks, slow your roll and actually blame the cuemaker who messed up

And guys like you just want to jump on the mob mentality bandwagon and go right for that pound of flesh.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And guys like you just want to jump on the mob mentality bandwagon and go right for that pound of flesh.

I had one post in the thread until you said posting pictures of Cohen's work is a dick move, if that post is "mob mentality", good lord.

"
Alton he is not, time for the excues to start rolling in.
I mean if a cuemaker doesn't want to do cuecaps or is not capable, they should take a play at the D.A.R.E. handbook and "just say no", but sending them out the shop like that is embarrassing!
Like I said before, best case scenario it's honest mistake due to rushing or poor quality control, worst case they are sending out a bad product hoping buyer won't complain.

Heck for 700, you could have got a Jackpot or three Schmekles.

So, I guess you swing the other way in your herd mentality, defend the cuemaker and blame the customer at all costs, apparently you only want to see perfect cues and glowing compliments on AZ.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Eddie is a young guy and a newer cue maker. He's still in the learning process and this transaction, no matter how unfortunate, will actually help him along the way if he learns from it.

I am sure Eddie was not happy with himself either. In business it can be difficult to say "no" to a customer but it's often the best answer. If Eddie can't commit to a project 100%, it's far better for everybody if he disappoints you up front than go through all of this.

I hope this is a lesson learned by Eddie. I hope for his sake he never sends out work like this again. I hope he learns how to say "no" if he is too busy to mess with a project and can't commit 100% to it.

Last edited:

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie is a young guy and a newer cue maker. He's still in the learning process and this transaction, no matter how unfortunate, will actually help him along the way if he learns from it.

I am sure Eddie was not happy with himself either. In business it can be difficult to say "no" to a customer but it's often the best answer. If Eddie can't commit to a project 100%, it's far better for everybody if he disappoints you up front than go through all of this.

I hope this is a lesson learned by Eddie. I hope for his sake he never sends out work like this again. I hope he learns how to say "no" if he is too busy to mess with a project and can't commit 100% to it.

I agree 100%.

Snooker Theory....this is how you can address cuemaker work that isn't up to snuff without going straight to "I got a refund but I'm a still a victim because of shipping and Paypal and pain and suffering."

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$700 for joint protectors?!

Is it possible he didn't want to make them and threw out a high-ball# to dissuade his customer...who agreed to the #?

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$700. for joint protectors? Holy smokes, I'm glad I spend most of my disposable income on something inexpensive, playing with my Harley. How about chrome JP's?