Any word from Dennis Searing....

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Skins, I've always admired your posts over the years but this sounds ridiculous and a bit pompous. I'll let it slide though, because the other 99.9 percent of your posts have been excellent.

Well I'm only stating the truth. Being on a list means nothing if you haven't paid to be on it. It's my opinion and I believe I'm entitled to it.

Glad to hear from you though. Hope alls good!..:)

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Edit-One of those most arrogant, brown nosing clueless posts i have ever seen but i have tempered my response and Im sure the OP feels very lucky right now.

Arrogance has nothing to do with it and for it to be a brown nose post, I would have to get something out of it. I can guarantee you I will and do "get" nothing out of it except to express my opinion.

You can have a different one but the fact remains that no maker owes anyone anything if deposits are not taken which is where my thoughts come from.

The OP's situation was different and I'm glad his ordeal is over.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the people who say "I ordered a cue in 08" lol. Thats cute....I was with J$Cincy when we visited Dennis and played golf with him....That was 04. I ordered a cue as well. Never to be heard from....Except he made me Szamboti shaft in 2012 and everyone lost their mind. Showman stole money from me and a friend. Its common occurrence with these guys. And yes, I like Dennis, makes great cues, BUTTTTTTTT he has STOLEN Jimmys cue in this case.

This pisses me off so bad, these cue makers better hope I never get cancer...:angry:

Ken

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I've been on Dennis' list since December 2008. I periodically write an email as well.

I hope one day to get an email back that my cue is ready to be built, but . . . shrug.

I am also in that position, he contacted me in 2008. He told me I was on the list. Sent him maybe 3 emails since then with no response.

-dj

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought this thread had been buried, glad to see that it's not.
Dennis deserves all the attention Glen Hancock is getting.
From what I've read, both are lying, thieving, pieces of chit. (IMHO)

Last edited:

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am also in that position, he contacted me in 2008. He told me I was on the list. Sent him maybe 3 emails since then with no response.

-dj

I have been on his list since 2003.....back then his wait was 2 years... lol ... you will not get a cue from him unless he is getting a new vette out of the deal or some stupid dodad to cut tips or veneers. I never thought he would do this to me. I’ve know him a long time. I’ve never bothered him. He was a player.... making player cues that was turned into a pawn by making unrealistic promises

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I thought this thread had been buried, glad to see that's not.
Dennis deserves all the attention Glen Hancock is getting.
From what I read, both are lying, thieving, pieces of chit. (IMHO)

The cue in this thread has been bought by myself, problem solved

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis makes the best playing pool cues on the planet.... Barr none..... Unfortunately I feel he has stolen my property and is making no effort to rectify the situation. I’ve known Dennis a long time, I’ve been to his shop a couple times. I’ve played rounds of golf with the man. No matter what “issues” he has , it is no reason not to keep some type of communication up on a ridiculously long repair problem.... I mean we are pushing 12 fuc*%#* years here. He may be hoping for my death??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holding a cue hostage this long is considered theft. I'm in the same boat right now and just trying to get my cue back from him. I had a problem with a sneaky pete conversion where the pin came loose and I reached out to Dennis to have it repaired and also asked for the 2 shafts with the cue to be refinished as he offer to repair the pin and refinish the butt (repair costs weren't considered but I was willing to pay for the refinished and third shafts). Dennis said the sneaky pete was one of his early cues where he used CA glue so that it would be easier to repair in the future. Originally, we had a good dialog on timing and before the pandemic, he would try to have it ready for the SBE. It's been well over 2 years plus now and I've been trying to reach him directly via text message and VM with no luck. Recently reached out to him via his precision tip site. I have no ill will and understand that he may be in a situation with no control due to the pandemic and asked that if he hasn't repaired it or even open my package just to have it shipped back. Going to wait to hear back and hope I can get this situation to resolve shortly and amicably.

Just wanted to reiterate that Dennis does build an amazing playing cue...this sneeky pete plays amazing and it's super solid that why I really want it to be repaired properly.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holding a cue hostage this long is considered theft. I'm in the same boat right now and just trying to get my cue back from him. I had a problem with a sneaky pete conversion where the pin came loose and I reached out to Dennis to have it repaired and also asked for the 2 shafts with the cue to be refinished as he offer to repair the pin and refinish the butt (repair costs weren't considered but I was willing to pay for the refinished and third shafts). Dennis said the sneaky pete was one of his early cues where he used CA glue so that it would be easier to repair in the future. Originally, we had a good dialog on timing and before the pandemic, he would try to have it ready for the SBE. It's been well over 2 years plus now and I've been trying to reach him directly via text message and VM with no luck. Recently reached out to him via his precision tip site. I have no ill will and understand that he may be in a situation with no control due to the pandemic and asked that if he hasn't repaired it or even open my package just to have it shipped back. Going to wait to hear back and hope I can get this situation to resolve shortly and amicably.

Just wanted to reiterate that Dennis does build an amazing playing cue...this sneeky pete plays amazing and it's super solid that why I really want it to be repaired properly.

His lack of respect in communicating with people who are customers would ruin most cue builders, but I am sure his name will keep others waiting in line.

middleofnowhere

Registered
His lack of respect in communicating with people who are customers would ruin most cue builders, but I am sure his name will keep others waiting in line.
A non returned repair is bad. Most cuemakers don't require deposits so they take the order but chances are hit and miss if you ever get the cue. That is why people place orders, what do they have to lose.

I have owned a number of Balabushkas. Even though I placed orders, I never got one from him. Once I sent the payment in full and didn't get the cue. When I was tired of waiting, it was about a year, and asked for a refund. It came in a few days with added interest. I could not believe it.

Reactions: bbb

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
no big deal if you haven't put up a deposit as you have the option to cancel as well.
shitty though to leave people hanging. and with his reputation for not delivering and responding why on earth would you want to be on his list.

what happens when he calls and says send me 100 or 1000 bucks for a deposit. what would you do..

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no big deal if you haven't put up a deposit as you have the option to cancel as well.
shitty though to leave people hanging. and with his reputation for not delivering and responding why on earth would you want to be on his list.

what happens when he calls and says send me 100 or 1000 bucks for a deposit. what would you do..

When you are on a waiting list with a “promise” you are putting in “time” instead of money.

Sometimes, time may be more valuable to you.

For instance, you were promised a cue and waited ten years while saving your money and then he tells you to buzz off or ignores you. You now decide you will buy a SW and have the money, but have to wait another dozen years to get your cue from someone who actually has good business practices.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
When you are on a waiting list with a “promise” you are putting in “time” instead of money.

Sometimes, time may be more valuable to you.

For instance, you were promised a cue and waited ten years while saving your money and then he tells you to buzz off or ignores you. You now decide you will buy a SW and have the money, but have to wait another dozen years to get your cue from someone who actually has good business practices.
Hard to believe you're on here talking about business practices when you bought those 2 "jackpot" cues and now you bow at the ankles to the guy that robbed you.