Apa not disclosing covid19 infected players???

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is liable for the deaths and illnesses? Businesses point to people. People point to businesses. Disclosure should absolutely be an obligation.

We had a little situation at the competing pool hall. They had a big statewide APA tournament in early March. A player was later found to have Covid. The APA made an effort to email APA players. The pool hall opted to cover their ass and did not inform heir non APA regulars.

We had a few tournament players come to our place from the APA event. I have all the old timers and guys who play on 9 foot tables. They all have health issues. When I found out about this I outed the other owner after he refused to post a notification to the public. All of a sudden he's acting like he just found out about the Covid case they had 10 days earlier. For some it's all about the money... Nothing to do with the game.

Attachments

• received_261194974875310.jpeg
    received_261194974875310.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You can ramble on and on and on. Nothing you will ever say will change my mind: WE ALL DESERVE TO KNOW WHO,,WHERE AND WHEN THESE THINGS HAPPEN....

You can try and "Defend" your business all you want, I still and always will think that the way the APA is handling this: IS SO VERY VERY WRONG.. We all deserve the facts.

TFT

You seem to have an issue with what you need to know (you may have been exposed to someone at location A if you were there on such-and-such date) and what you don't need to know (who it was so you can tear them down, even though they might not have known themselves at the time and did exactly what you did, and by the way did the adult thing by notifying SOMEONE that they have tested positive so contact tracing can begin). There's a difference, but it doesn't seem to matter to you. Can you tell me why you knowing a person's name says anything at all about my value for your (or anyone else's) safety? It doesn't even matter to me which bathroom they used, the fact that they were present in an indoor environment for a certain period of time is enough to expose everyone there. Are you really going to do anything different if you didn't use the restroom at all that night? The experts say everyone there should probably be tested. That seems to be maximum value for personal safety. Any discriminating info (like a name or gender) couldn't possibly imply more value.

There is a fine balance here between responsibility and privacy, and unfortunately there's no single well-defined tipping point. You can be sued over either. I still respect privacy as much as the law allows. Perhaps that's the difference between us.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We had a little situation at the competing pool hall. They had a big statewide APA tournament in early March. A player was later found to have Covid. The APA made an effort to email APA players. The pool hall opted to cover their ass and did not inform heir non APA regulars.

We had a few tournament players come to our place from the APA event. I have all the old timers and guys who play on 9 foot tables. They all have health issues. When I found out about this I outed the other owner after he refused to post a notification to the public. All of a sudden he's acting like he just found out about the Covid case they had 10 days earlier. For some it's all about the money... Nothing to do with the game.

Well I do not know how th liable laws are in the State where this incident happened work, but in my State we are bombarded 24 X 7 with TV, Radio, Print, and Bill Board advertising the service of law firms.

Everything from hurt in accident, bitten by a dog, facing DUI, criminal offence, loose your hair from Chemo, tool a drug that save you life, but you an upset stomach. Some of the ads are almost humorous.

If Pool Rooms, Bars with Pool Tables reopen and have wavers to sign, people who practice law, will be seeking anther income source from victims of Covid 19.

Wonder if I have a case from my last case of Flu I got working in a Hospital, back in the 70's because they did not inform me in writing I could get Flu, and did? From being around sick people.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m with you and the new cdc numbers show this was all hype. The news won’t report that though. It’s much better to report the scare tactics. . People are so controlled by the news and now they know it for sure. More peoples lives were destroyed by losing their business and or job then Covid actually killed by . The swine flue was killing people and no one batted an eye. Your gonna die people. If you want to sit in your house wearing a mask petrified of living then do it and let the rest of us alone.

Ever hear of heard immunity. In mylife time we have had Polio, Flu, Winter Cold Season, Ebola, and numerous other battles with sickness bugs.

There is no vaccine even for the common cold, and the one for the flu is not 100% perfect. But when was the last time people in the USA went nuts wearing masks, some even doing the mask face shield thing, plus rubber gloves.

I see people in their personal vehicles on the road by themselves, wearing a mask & gloves driving along not a care in the world. Car must be full of germs, maybe they need a car wash.

Some people are taking the Covid - 19 thing too seriously, two thing are going to happen to every living person, birth, then sooner or later death. No one can predict the date of each 100%, if you could, you must be GOD. IMHO

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I’m with you and the new cdc numbers show this was all hype. The news won’t report that though. It’s much better to report the scare tactics. . People are so controlled by the news and now they know it for sure. More peoples lives were destroyed by losing their business and or job then Covid actually killed by . The swine flue was killing people and no one batted an eye. Your gonna die people. If you want to sit in your house wearing a mask petrified of living then do it and let the rest of us alone.

Hypothetical question: if you die in a plane crash, is the cause of death a broken neck or a plane crash?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wtf?! Pool hall decided to 'cover its own ass' and not inform?!

That action is more like UNcovering its ass!
Withholding potentially life threatening information is willfully negligent.

Wowsers.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When you are in agreement with cacabobo...'your' prob 'to' simple two.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well be prepared for a back lash from those who want to believe, because they have been on the other side of my argument. In their eye I could never be right.

For those too agree now would be for the to admit I was right. That would hurt their feelings.

Sure there is a bug called Covid 19, do we know everything about it? No. Have we been lied to about iCovid - 19 by people who had to gain from it. YES. Amazon's Jeff Bazos is cleaning up, still keep the money for himself, works at Amazon do make squat. But their are easly replaceable with another set of unskilled hands. Project to be America's first Trillionaire.

People have little Intregrity, all one need do is look to Washington D.C. To find a pack of total BS Arts called the Congress.

Three big liers are Shumer, Pelosi, and Adam Schiff. All keep being sent back to represent there States & Districts.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
187,777 American families at this moment would probably disagree with your assessment.

Just saying....

As your mention noting solid are you talking about Death? So is this more then normal in flu season, and other cause normal during same calander period last year?

Please show us some number, I am sure Goole is up their in Canada for you research.

BTW people are born daily, die daily, and that is normal.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever hear of heard immunity. In mylife time we have had Polio, Flu, Winter Cold Season, Ebola, and numerous other battles with sickness bugs.

Some people are taking the Covid - 19 thing too seriously, two thing are going to happen to every living person, birth, then sooner or later death. No one can predict the date of each 100%, if you could, you must be GOD. IMHO

and the point is to make it LATER- AS LATE AS POSSIBLE! Do you walk across a highway blindfolded and hope everyone will stop for you? "Oh well, i gotta die sometime".

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
As your mention noting solid are you talking about Death? So is this more then normal in flu season, and other cause normal during same calander period last year?

Please show us some number, I am sure Goole is up their in Canada for you research.

BTW people are born daily, die daily, and that is normal.

No you are absolutely dead wrong and have been from day one. You need to stop discussing Covid. I honestly think your opinions are dangerous enough to warrant banning by AZ Billiards. What you need to do is read up on current medical thinking from CDC and other health organizations, get a better personal understanding of the disease and shut the **** up.

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can ramble on and on and on. Nothing you will ever say will change my mind: WE ALL DESERVE TO KNOW WHO,,WHERE AND WHEN THESE THINGS HAPPEN....

You can try and "Defend" your business all you want, I still and always will think that the way the APA is handling this: IS SO VERY VERY WRONG.. We all deserve the facts.

TFT

What, where and when is provided. That's all you need to know. You can feel you 'deserve' to know more all you want, but so far you've said nothing about WHY you need to know that. Try to change my mind, that's how discussion works. If you do, I'll probably take your argument to APA and maybe get the policy changed. I have before. Otherwise you're just spewing anti-APA crap with nothing to back it up.

Lets try this another way. I think the way TrentFromToledo wants this kind of situation handled IS SO VERY VERY WRONG. I've explained why - your turn.

The email SBC shared in reply #61, about an event that happened in March before the pandemic was even declared, says all it needs to say about whether APA cares about safety.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
whether APA cares about safety.

The truth shall set you free:ONLY if you should so choose to TELL IT!

I will explain it once in simple terms any rational person can understand:

A.
Bob(fake person) gets COVID-19 and tells everyone who they have been in contact with= problem solved. This actually happened in one of the pool rooms I service. The person was completely asymptomatic.

or

B.
Bob(fake person) gets COVID-19 decides to only tell the APA, then the APA lets everyone know who they are and that if you have been in contact with them you may want to get tested. Problem solved.

Seems pretty simple.

Oh, you want some APA hate, here you go, I WILL BE SURPRISED IF IT EXISTS IN A YEAR and if I am wrong too bad.

TFT

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I think that a person who sells, recovers, moves, levels pool tables even for leagues would want to know about a virus which could hurt him.

Thank you though Great and Powerful OZ for probably taking his argument to the APA, you are magnanimous.

What, where and when is provided. That's all you need to know. You can feel you 'deserve' to know more all you want, but so far you've said nothing about WHY you need to know that. Try to change my mind, that's how discussion works. If you do, I'll probably take your argument to APA and maybe get the policy changed. I have before. Otherwise you're just spewing anti-APA crap with nothing to back it up.

Lets try this another way. I think the way TrentFromToledo wants this kind of situation handled IS SO VERY VERY WRONG. I've explained why - your turn.

The email SBC shared in reply #61, about an event that happened in March before the pandemic was even declared, says all it needs to say about whether APA cares about safety.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I think that a person who sells, recovers, moves, levels pool tables even for leagues would want to know about a virus which could hurt him.

Thank you though Great and Powerful OZ for probably taking his argument to the APA, you are magnanimous.

No one thinks about that part, not one single person has actually asked me that. . Happy you noticed, I appreciate you!

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Just to keep it fresh.

The truth shall set you free:ONLY if you should so choose to TELL IT!

I will explain it once in simple terms any rational person can understand:

A.
Bob(fake person) gets COVID-19 and tells everyone who they have been in contact with= problem solved. This actually happened in one of the pool rooms I service. The person was completely asymptomatic.

or

B.
Bob(fake person) gets COVID-19 decides to only tell the APA, then the APA lets everyone know who they are and that if you have been in contact with them you may want to get tested. Problem solved.

Seems pretty simple.

Oh, you want some APA hate, here you go, I WILL BE SURPRISED IF IT EXISTS IN A YEAR and if I am wrong too bad.

TFT

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well do you expect your local supermarket that you frequent weekly to tell you the name of a person who tested positive for corona?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those super concerned, I believe the contact tracing apps have been released today. You can download them and then probably get scared shitless.