Master Thread for forum issues

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
You delete PM's by "leaving the conversation". Why would you want to delete an Itrader?

Mike

Lucky, can you try this again? The newsletter company found a small glitch and fixed it this morning.

Mike
Hi Mike
I`m sorry didn`t mean to say delete itraders. I meant that if someone sent you an itrader report, after you read the itrader, how do you delete the message they sent you? Thank you
Jeff

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Should be the same as leaving a conversation. When both people leave the conversation, it is deleted.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Robin, I see this being discussed on the XenForo forums. This was the response there...

You may disable email notifications for all previously watched threads using the option in the drop-down menu on the top right of the watched threadslist.

As well as the "watched threads" list mentioned by Jeremy, there is also link(s) at the footer of every single email which allow you to instantly unsubscribe from either all emails or that type of email.

You are right. I was able to disable emails like this.

Currently the space allowed for articles is a might small. I was unable to post a one page article without deleting part and splitting it over into another post. I suspect pictures count in the computation.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You delete PM's by "leaving the conversation". Why would you want to delete an Itrader?

Mike

Lucky, can you try this again? The newsletter company found a small glitch and fixed it this morning.

Mike
Mike, It seems to be fixed now. Thank You.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not a biggie, but if you could make the stickies stand out more. It kind of hard to tell where they end and the threads start.

Geosnookery

Not a biggie, but if you could make the stickies stand out more. It kind of hard to tell where they end and the threads start.
The first time I went on AZ I thought it was an old forum that was no longer active. Casual browsers coming across the site likely don’t scroll down to come to active topics. Doubly an issue when the active topics don’t stand out.

Stickies are fine when two or three topics at most but then become counter productive. They discourage fresh membership.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
a couple things I've noticed that imo could be better.

I thought on the older version that it was nice when corresponding with other posters we could look under their avatars and see 3 things I consider important. How many posts they have made on azb, what their iTrader rating is (the complete score not just the percentage), and, finally, the posters location. Having that info visible under all of our avatars is convenient and pertinent. It looks like as it is now if we hover the mouse over the members name it offers *some* of this info but incomplete and, again, imo, they could be better labeled. As an example, "Messages" could be Posts. "Rating" could be iTrader Rating and should include not only the positive trading percentage but how many deals were done (ex: 276/100%). And then to be able to click on that like on the old version to be taken to the members iTrader feedback page. Also, there is no longer a location listed which was very helpful in our interactions/dealings. To have all of this info conveniently positioned under our avatars would be very helpful.

I mentione this before but didn't see a response; when I click pn my content there are big gaps of missing content where for instance it only shows a couple posts by me in Aug & Sept which is incorrect.

Lastly, in my avatar I remain a one legged rooster. it was suggested that I do something with software but unfortunately, I'm a low tech guy so not a good option. It appears that if it were maneuvered to the left a little my other leg might show back up but I'm not sure how to do that either.

As for my avatar issue, I know you have bigger chickens to fry so understandablt, this is low priority.

I do thank you and appreciate all of the attention and effort you are putting into making azb a better place for us to hang out. 🥨🌭🥘🚮💱🦒👠 looks like we got an emoji upgrade... 💋

best,
brian kc

@azhousepro: wondering if any of this was considered...

I did see korsakoff kindly offered for me to send my avatar art work to him for a poss fix. I will try to do that if I can find that file. thank you.

best,
brian kc

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The first time I went on AZ I thought it was an old forum that was no longer active. Casual browsers coming across the site likely don’t scroll down to come to active topics. Doubly an issue when the active topics don’t stand out.

Stickies are fine when two or three topics at most but then become counter productive. They discourage fresh membership.
This is a problem. I just went over the sticky threads up there, and I only saw two that I thought could go. The rest of them still have a purpose up there. Going to have to think on this one. Not sure of a solution.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
DrCuesProtege was asking this in another thread...now I’m curious...
..does a gold membership still give us 500 messages...and silver 150?
...and I’m not sure what my count is right now

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kickin' Chicken:

It ain't much 'cause I had to pilfer some pixels from the website, but if you use this, you'll at least get your leg back. If you find the original artwork, send it to me and I'll do my best to enhance it for an avatar. I'm not sure whether to attach or paste, so let me see what happens. Put it in your avatar space and get your leg back!

1604799711918.png

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
tried searching this thread to see if it had been mentioned yet without luck...

Is there a not so obvious way to delete posts...? A couple of times I inadvertently quoted myself and can't seem to remove the duplicate.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there a not so obvious way to delete posts...? A couple of times I inadvertently quoted myself and can't seem to remove the duplicate.
At the bottom left of each post you will see "Report". If the post is yours, you will also see "Edit" and "Delete". I just deleted post #127 in this thread.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
At the bottom left of each post you will see "Report". If the post is yours, you will also see "Edit" and "Delete". I just deleted post #127 in this thread.
az.png

Looks like I'm missing the delete option... Maybe a bonus feature of paid membership...?

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
This is a problem. I just went over the sticky threads up there, and I only saw two that I thought could go. The rest of them still have a purpose up there. Going to have to think on this one. Not sure of a solution.
Mike, just out of my head, what if all the stickies are hidden under a kind of a "drop down menu" button/sticky thread? With a telling description like "Study these first if you are a new member" and/or "Some important and helpful info".

This way the stickies won't be covering most of the main forum screen.
One has to figure out how to add an informer if there is a new thread made sticky. In order the gang knows there is some change to the part they have been familiar with for a long time.