Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
There are a few people who claim it is fake. There are various claims about video editing, shaved slate, heated tables, the wrong cloth, and likely more that I'm forgetting now. JS has submitted a video to the BCA who has accepted it as legit.

That's the short version.
ya maybe there are a few - Hundred Thousand - who claim the hidden video = a fake - at this juncture. With multiple threads surfacing (many of them receiving thousands of views) it's a cinch that there is some heavy doubt - but nice try bca puppet. See ya in the funny papers.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
ya maybe there are a few - Hundred Thousand - who claim the hidden video = a fake - at this juncture. With multiple threads surfacing (many of them receiving thousands of views) it's a cinch that there is some heavy doubt - but nice try bca puppet. See ya in the funny papers.
I'm not confident in this representation on the scope of objectors. I do see various concerns raised, in this and other threads, but it's unclear to me how to quantify the numbers. Three Hundred Thousand objectors+ is quite a large number. I'd be interested to see any support for this position, in much the same way that folks would like to see the unedited video. There is some irony in this.

-td

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I'm not confident in this representation on the scope of objectors. I do see various concerns raised, in this and other threads, but it's unclear to me how to quantify the numbers. Three Hundred Thousand objectors+ is quite a large number. I'd be interested to see any support for this position, in much the same way that folks would like to see the unedited video. There is some irony in this.

-td
How do we quantify "the way of yer world"? Yer not confident in the "hidden bca tape" being genuine - nor should u be, u even admitted this in one of yer prior posts. U know there is serious doubt among the masses as much as I do, U know there is corruption from the bca hiding the 626 evidence or as u put it "the way of the world" It's just "human nature" to seek the truth huh td873. A few hundred thousand is just an arbitrary #, any thread that receives over 100 pages is a sure sign of many concerned viewers seeking the truth - the bca stays in the basement IMHO.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
"BCA puppet"? Just because I'm explaining what has gone on in this thread to someone who asked, you feel the need to label me that? I've tried conversing with you like adults do, and to be reasonable and polite. To have a discussion. Yet you feel the need to call people names, if they don't agree with you? You realize that this completely undermines anyone's judgement of you. You'll be another guy who can shoot pool, but has no social skills whatsoever.

To the gist of your reply. "A few hundred thousand"? We have you, Worldpro, Lou, radar, and a handful of others who chirp about it. Jay seems to side with you as well. That's not exactly "a few hundred thousand".

Yes, it is "possible" that it has been faked in some way. Very few things in this life are absolute. Yet the BCA feels it is legit, and they have seen the video. No matter what you think about the BCA, they are the governing body of pool in the US, for better or worse. Bob Jewett has also seen the video and has stated he believes it to be legit. You will disparage Bob because he has the temerity to be friends with JS. Yet you have shown no other reason to judge his character or qualifications. Which is truly amazing, because if I recall correctly, Mr. Jewett is one of the people responsible for keeping awareness of 14.1, including sponsoring and promoting the game at some big events over the years. He's also considered an expert for rules of the game. Written for Billiards Digest for many, many years. And likely many, many other things in the pool world. Yet the fact that he's friends with JS throws all that out the window? You believe him to be that shallow, after investing so much of his time in his lifetime around pool here in the US, that he would jeopardize his reputation to help pull off a scam, regarding one of the biggest accomplishments in pool history? Fake news, indeed.

Take a breath, Mr. Harriman. You don't have to believe it, I suppose. But you don't have to be so rude to the rest of the world while you're at it. It is not a good look.

8BALL EDDIE

Personally, I'm on the fence about John Schmidt's 626-ball run.

Do I believe that Schmidt, or any of the "witnesses", are lying about the feat? No, not necessarily.

However, I'm not the type of person that just blindly believes word of mouth. Without seeing something for myself, I simply chalk it up as talk.

Furthermore, the fact that there's 'allegedly' video proof of the amazing run, yet nobody will release it, does raise a little suspicion. I mean, if I did something so impressive, I'd make sure the whole world saw it/knew it!

Bottom line: I don't doubt it could have happened. I'll believe it when I see it. None the less, even if Schmidt's claims are completely true, I still find Willie Mosconi's 526-ball run in 1954 far more impressive - given the old tables; cushions; conditions; traditional high-deflection tip, ferrule, shaft, joint, cue; etc. And, the fact that his historic accomplishment stood unmatched for at least 65 years.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Please quit saying 2 years, 5/27/2021 it will be 2 years! I agree someone needs to see the whole unedited video or how are we to know he didn't accidently move a ball (like in one of the runs he had over 400).
Ok since one of your playing cues ='s Jeff Olney - I will just say it feels like they have been hiding the chopped video for Almost two years. Either way extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - many thousand would agree that the evidence has not been provided to substantiate their grandiose claim. Fair enough.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
"BCA puppet"? Just because I'm explaining what has gone on in this thread to someone who asked, you feel the need to label me that? I've tried conversing with you like adults do, and to be reasonable and polite. To have a discussion. Yet you feel the need to call people names, if they don't agree with you? You realize that this completely undermines anyone's judgement of you. You'll be another guy who can shoot pool, but has no social skills whatsoever.

To the gist of your reply. "A few hundred thousand"? We have you, Worldpro, Lou, radar, and a handful of others who chirp about it. Jay seems to side with you as well. That's not exactly "a few hundred thousand".

Yes, it is "possible" that it has been faked in some way. Very few things in this life are absolute. Yet the BCA feels it is legit, and they have seen the video. No matter what you think about the BCA, they are the governing body of pool in the US, for better or worse. Bob Jewett has also seen the video and has stated he believes it to be legit. You will disparage Bob because he has the temerity to be friends with JS. Yet you have shown no other reason to judge his character or qualifications. Which is truly amazing, because if I recall correctly, Mr. Jewett is one of the people responsible for keeping awareness of 14.1, including sponsoring and promoting the game at some big events over the years. He's also considered an expert for rules of the game. Written for Billiards Digest for many, many years. And likely many, many other things in the pool world. Yet the fact that he's friends with JS throws all that out the window? You believe him to be that shallow, after investing so much of his time in his lifetime around pool here in the US, that he would jeopardize his reputation to help pull off a scam, regarding one of the biggest accomplishments in pool history? Fake news, indeed.

Take a breath, Mr. Harriman. You don't have to believe it, I suppose. But you don't have to be so rude to the rest of the world while you're at it. It is not a good look.
I said maybe a MAYBE a few hundred thousand. So ya wrong again jusuhdud there are many, many more azer's including form moderators who have waited as long as they could for bca to show any shread of viable evidence - they have not. For u to 'suggest' there are just a few people that do not believe their claim is ludicrous - now u changed it to 4 people and + handful ha ha lol - yer a joke (yer math will probly change again). I do not think yer genuine - but maybe a genuine puppet for fake news - that is pending - similar to bca's hidden tape that has yet to be released to public as proof to 'the people' who would like to see some solid evidence that Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed. Also I would add that I notice u use the same nomenclature that the crooked bca does when trying to reference Pocket Billiards, the word pool means to gamble or wager (kinda like the bca/j.s./predcueco Rodent yellow journalism) for if u believe their news - without unedited video proof - u are in their pool of stupidity. Mosconi knew the proper nomenclature - Pocket Billiards - he was not corrupt either - just a Champion in 14.1 Pocket Billiards. The term Pocket Billiards probly sounds like I am speaking chinese 2 u don't it - that is cause yer probly a fake news rodent. Take a deep breath jusudud - feels like yer chokin - everythang is broken - except Willie Mosconi's 526 - that is a record that has not been broken - na matter what the bca masks would have u to inhale.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Personally, I'm on the fence about John Schmidt's 626-ball run.

Do I believe that Schmidt, or any of the "witnesses", are lying about the feat? No, not necessarily.

However, I'm not the type of person that just blindly believes word of mouth. Without seeing something for myself, I simply chalk it up as talk.

Furthermore, the fact that there's 'allegedly' video proof of the amazing run, yet nobody will release it, does raise a little suspicion. I mean, if I did something so impressive, I'd make sure the whole world saw it/knew it!

Bottom line: I don't doubt it could have happened. I'll believe it when I see it. None the less, even if Schmidt's claims are completely true, I still find Willie Mosconi's 526-ball run in 1954 far more impressive - given the old tables; cushions; conditions; traditional high-deflection tip, ferrule, shaft, joint, cue; etc. And, the fact that his historic accomplishment stood unmatched for at least 65 years.
When yer as passionate about the 14.1 discipline as I - sitting on the fence is not very comfy, kinda weird that if someone claims to have surpassed Willies epic well documented 526 - they would want to hide the evidence for such an extended period of time. But ya like you stated it does raise a little suspicion - in the eyes of way more than just a few. As u stated - I will chalk it up as talk or here say evidence.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-td
Hahaha. Hundreds of thousands.

He is delusional- which totally adds credibility to his position.

Anyway, he's gonna put you on ignore, so the forum looks like he wants it to.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I said maybe a MAYBE a few hundred thousand. It would seem you hand picked five or 6 names (probly people who are not in yer click) to use as an example, so that = more than a few (yer story or math will change again). So ya wrong again jusuhdud there are many, many more azer's including form moderators who have waited as long as they could for bca to show any shread of viable evidence - they have not. For u to 'suggest' there are just a few people that do not believe their claim is ludicrous - now u changed yer story to 6 people :) is simply a huge understatement - and yes it would lean towards you being a paid and bought bca puppet. I do not think yer genuine - but maybe a genuine puppet for fake news - that is pending - similar to bca's hidden tape that has yet to be released to public as proof to 'the people' who would like to see some solid evidence that Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed. Also I would add that I notice u use the same nomenclature that the crooked bca does when trying to reference Pocket Billiards, the word pool means to gamble or wager (kinda like the bca/j.s./predcueco Rodent yellow journalism) Mosconi knew the proper nomenclature - Pocket Billiards - he was not corrupt either - just a Champion in 14.1 Pocket Billiards. The term Pocket Billiards probly sounds like I am speaking chinese - that is cause yer a fake news rodent.

If I'm bought and paid for, I need a raise.

I have no clique. I'm no puppet. I try and be objective here, as best I can. No, I can't run three balls. I can, however, form a readable sentence. I can have an exchange with adults without resorting to name calling.

I've tried to give you some leeway in these exchanges, based on your standing as one of the better 14.1 players out there. Since you have decided to not treat me respectfully here, I guess I don't need to treat you any differently than the other trolls here on AZB, that just rail on and on about whatever they like. And then scream "fake news" when something comes up that they don't agree with.

Again, take a breath. I hope you lose some of the anger you seem to be filled with.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's 1700 posts because one doubter with a grudge started the thread and has made 1300 of them either personally or thru one of those he dragged out of retirement to join in. The other 400 are basically the rest of us asking WTF you are talking about.

If the BCA is handing out checks they must not have my current address.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
If I'm bought and paid for, I need a raise.

I have no clique. I'm no puppet. I try and be objective here, as best I can. No, I can't run three balls. I can, however, form a readable sentence. I can have an exchange with adults without resorting to name calling.

I've tried to give you some leeway in these exchanges, based on your standing as one of the better 14.1 players out there. Since you have decided to not treat me respectfully here, I guess I don't need to treat you any differently than the other trolls here on AZB, that just rail on and on about whatever they like. And then scream "fake news" when something comes up that they don't agree with.

Again, take a breath. I hope you lose some of the anger you seem to be filled with.
yer just 1 of a few floatin' round in a pool of bca moranity. I am not screaming as u ignorantly stated, I HAVE formed my opinion based off the fact that there is zero scientific evidence to prove their claim. U take a breath as my heart beats stronger and slower than a fake news Rodent such as u, I use the term fake news only when there is no evidence avail to back up what some bca is tryin to lead the public into thinking is truthful journalism. There is zero definitive proof that what they are trying 2 cell' = truthful news. If u can show me proof - then I will stand down - till then - i see u as just being apart of the corruption - and there are more than a few of u as well.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
yer just 1 of a few floatin' round in a pool of bca moranity.

Is there a Danny Harriman dictionary available somewhere? "Moranity"?

I don't give a damn about the BCA. But they are the ones who get to make the call. Whether you agree or not.

Tilt away, Don Quixote.

8BALL EDDIE

When yer as passionate about the 14.1 discipline as I - sitting on the fence is not very comfy, kinda weird that if someone claims to have surpassed Willies epic well documented 526 - they would want to hide the evidence for such an extended period of time. But ya like you stated it does raise a little suspicion - in the eyes of way more than just a few. As u stated - I will chalk it up as talk or here say evidence.

Yep. 👍

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Is there a Danny Harriman dictionary available somewhere? "Moranity"?

I don't give a damn about the BCA. But they are the ones who get to make the call. Whether you agree or not.

Tilt away, Don Quixote.
They are not the ones who get to steal Mosconi's 526 - without providing proof to the people. When u say u don't give a damn about the bca - but u feel thay get to make the call - that must be a lie from yer end as well - or else u would not trust them at least uh little. We will see on down the road - the futerror' for yer bca buddies (who are not Pocket Billiard players) just pool players. I do agree with 1 thing u say - I believe u when u say u can't run three balls, it takes someone who can think for themselves to be great at the sport of Pocket Billiards. If u believe in here say evidence - u do not have what it takes to think for yourself - or anyone else. I knew moranity was not a word - I made it up 4 u - I can teach u some Cherokee words if u would like - oh on 2nd thought ur not too civilized so I will scratch that idea as u shude stick to yer traditional lango'. Oh and don't feel bad about not being able to make three balls - the two people from bca - who verified the phony 626 mystery tape - couldn't make a ball in the ocean while standing on the beach either. Just A FEW thoughts - but again thousands would probly agree with me after waiting so long to see any shred of evidence, that evidently the bca does not have? Any questions from the peanut gallery justuhdud? I will be happy to answer em - I am not angry at all - but I do feel kinda sorry 4 ya.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
They are not the ones who get to steal Mosconi's 526 - without providing proof to the people - fake news rodent. When u say u don't give a damn about the bca - but u feel thay get to make the call - that must be a lie from yer end as well - or else u would not trust them at least uh little. We will see on down the road - the futerror' for yer bca buddies (who are not Pocket Billiard players) just pool players. I do agree with 1 thing u say - I believe u when u say u can't run three balls, it takes someone who can think for themselves to be great at the sport of Pocket Billiards. If u believe in here say evidence - u do not have what it takes to think for yourself - or anyone else. I knew moranity was not a word - I made it up 4 u - I can teach u some Cherokee words if u would like - oh on 2nd thought ur not too civilized so I will scratch that idea as fake news rodents should stick to their traditional lango'. Oh and don't feel bad about not being able to make three balls - the two people from bca - who verified the phony 626 mystery tape - couldn't make a ball in the ocean while standing on the beach either. Just A FEW thoughts - but again thousands would probly agree with me after waiting so long to see any shred of evidence, that evidently the bca does not have? Any questions from the peanut gallery justuhdud? I will be happy to answer em - I am not angry at all - but I do feel kinda sorry 4 ya.

Wow. Anyone got some ibuprofen?

Its been a long standing tradition here on AZB for the "players" to look down upon anyone here that "can't run 3 balls", as if the ability to put a ball in a hole with a stick has any bearing on the ability to have a cogent thought. Let alone be able to construct a sentence.

I'll back away from engaging with you for a while now, since all it's doing is clogging the thread. (Though that's no loss, in reality.) I stopped trying to have discussions with people who called me names when I left 3rd grade.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
How do we quantify "the way of yer world"? Yer not confident in the "hidden bca tape" being genuine - nor should u be, u even admitted this in one of yer prior posts. U know there is serious doubt among the masses as much as I do, U know there is corruption from the bca hiding the 626 evidence or as u put it "the way of the world" It's just "human nature" to seek the truth huh td873. A few hundred thousand is just an arbitrary #, any thread that receives over 100 pages is a sure sign of many concerned viewers seeking the truth - the bca stays in the basement IMHO.
Thank you for the admission that there are not hundreds of thousands of people disputing this and your statement was just hyperbole.

I still have a question, which I've posed a couple times without any meaningful response by anyone, so perhaps it bears repeating for the sake of argument:
1) BCA says "Mosconi record of 526" [= valid record?]
2) BCA says "Schmidt record of 626" [= invalid record?]

It seems untenable to take the position that the same governing body could certify two record in the exact same discipline, but only one of the certifications would be regarded as accurate. If there is a way to reconcile this, I'd be interested in knowing.

On the assumption that BCA is the final authority on this issue, and given that they certified both results, it seems less like a conspiracy against Mosconi. However, I'm not wed to this position and could be convinced otherwise.

-td

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Wow. Anyone got some ibuprofen?

Its been a long standing tradition here on AZB for the "players" to look down upon anyone here that "can't run 3 balls", as if the ability to put a ball in a hole with a stick has any bearing on the ability to have a cogent thought. Let alone be able to construct a sentence.

I'll back away from engaging with you for a while now, since all it's doing is clogging the thread. (Though that's no loss, in reality.) I stopped trying to have discussions with people who called me names when I left 3rd grade.
Won't matter, he will probaby reply to your orignal post three more times, without a single comment from you. Danny makes burning bridges an art form.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right, like, there's also NO WAY he would post a video claiming of a high run and then someone noticed him brush a ball part of the way through that posted video... you mean something like that, he would never do something like that...

Oh wait...

This thread is fun.
So you’re alleging that because he accidentally brushed a ball during his run of 400 that he would fake breaking the longest held world record in pool. This is tremendous logic, when I was 12 years old I stole a lighter from a convenience store and haven’t stolen since, but now after you’ve illuminated me with this incredible logic I guess it’s only a matter of time before I rob Fort Knox.

All I’m saying is that it’s highly unlikely he would cheat, and since we haven’t even seen the video yet it’s ridiculous to pre-accuse him of cheating. Can we at least wait until he releases the video? If you’re gonna criticize him for not releasing the video I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.