John Schmidt's 626

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I'm speculating that I'm likely older than you, which is actually of no relevance, other than to make the point that I'm not some young pup coming along and woofing. I'm noting that you've been among the top in that discipline for a very long time... And that I've been around a bit, so I have some measure of life experience. Still, not any big deal.

As to whether or not I believe that the record has been surpassed... I can't say with any certainty that JS was indeed successful in the run, and that it is all on the up and up. I will say that I believe that Bob Jewett's opinion should be a considered one, given his history in the pool realm here in the US. I find it difficult to watch folks disparage him with no basis for it, other than he is friendly with JS. I find it distasteful for people to rush to judgement and throw around accusations about someone's character, just because they have a viewpoint that the individual disagrees with.

Would it best for the entire pool world if the video was more widely available, yes. It is not, and there are those who have viewed it, including Mr. Jewett, who indicate that it appears to legit. I will side with that opinion until proven otherwise.

Thanks for the civil reply. I appreciate it
Ok fair enough, I just have one more relative question - u may or may not answer - do u believe Bob Jewett's opinion to be a verifiable form of 'fact based' journalism?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok fair enough, I just have one more relative question - u may or may not answer - do u believe Bob Jewett's opinion to be a verifiable form of validation?
Presuming you mean legitimate, not verifiable....
Yes
He has done more for the game in general than almost anyone EVER and he is a far more credible and trustworthy individual than you.

Do you believe bob is a part of some sort of organized impropriety relating to 14.1?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, how did you get so lucky? What do I need to make him put me on ignore, c'mon, help a brother out ;)

Meh- it’s the internet version of genital herpes.

It will flare up eventually, even with medication.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I was going to pen a response but its not worth my time. You are a hateful messed up tragedy of a person and I don't get involved with stuff like that. Good day.
I apologize for the radio nut job reference - my tensions run high in relation to fake news being spread in the direction of 14.1, I do have a legit question for ya - since u said u took the 626 story to a radio staion. After two years of waiting for any clarity to the legitimacy of the bca claim that Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed - do u still think the story u took to the radio station was indeed news worthy? Kinda funny - u said 'I have no dog in the fight' although if the bca/j.s. claim turns out to be defunct (many believe it to be just that - due to the hidden evidence) would that not jeopardize the integrity of the story u took to the radio station? So I would say u do have a dog in the fight. Please do not insult me just cause I would like to see verifiable proof - that really makes u look stupid. to be called so many names when just simply trying to see proof of their and yer 626 claim is no bueno briankenoby? My life is not a tragedy - fake news catalysts however are. U may pen out a response now - I'm all ears, eyes, and honest heart - how honest is ur heart briankenobi? I don't get involved with fake news stuff - unless it's 14.1 related - then I'm all in - with the truth. Good Day.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After two years of waiting for any clarity to the legitimacy of the bca claim that Mosconi's 526 has been surpassed - do u still think the story u took to the radio station was indeed news worthy? Kinda funnyto be called so many names when just simply trying to see proof of their and yer 626 claim?
2 years: FAKE NEWS.

you are busted, fake news mule/ another man's tool.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Ok fair enough, I just have one more relative question - u may or may not answer - do u believe Bob Jewett's opinion to be a verifiable form of 'fact based' journalism?
Yes. I believe Bob Jewett to be credible. He has long been an educator in the pool world. And I am completely baffled by the criticism he is receiving here, especially given how much he has supported the 14.1 world over the years, when the discipline was all but ignored by many.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Danny acts as if he believes that an unedited video doesn't even exist. Bob J and anyone who paid to see it in CA saw it, as reported. Obviously they fast forwarded parts when JS was taking a break or things like that. Bob has been around pool long enough, he knows all of the 14.1 rules and also plays the game, so yes, I think that if he vouches for the video and the run, I believe him and so should everyone else.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt ~ Mr. 434 ~ Congrats, I saw it. That's great shooting in anybody's book.
Even though a few times I thought maybe the CB went back against the chalk a little off after being cleaned, but what's an inch or so gonna matter?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Yes. I believe Bob Jewett to be credible. He has long been an educator in the pool world. And I am completely baffled by the criticism he is receiving here, especially given how much he has supported the 14.1 world over the years, when the discipline was all but ignored by many.
I never had any problem with Bob Jewett, a person like 'wpa/bca bob' here stating his 'opinion' that the bca's claim is possibly real - does carry some small degree of merit, however a persons word (who was not even present during the 'claim') has little to do with providing solid 'verifiable'evidence' - some would try and lead us to believe that the two are related - u included. Here say evidence from a recognized Billiard student does give at least some credit or merit to the claim the bca is trying to make, however Bob was not in the room when this so called 'record' was being attempted - nor will it ever be comparable to verifiable scientific evidence i.e. 'unedited video proof'. U said bob's word in yer view was 'credible' I did not ask about credibility - I asked if u thought any persons word can be put in the same context as factual based journalism- not relate to a persons reputation or crediblity. So does bob's word = factual based journalism? Of course it doesn't.

Are u baffled too that NOT THREE PEOPLE (as u stated in 1 of yer prior posts) but over twenty people here on this forum have offered good $ for there own copy - and the bca has the right to remain silent? When u throw in the pred cue commercial 'comments section' that # will quickly turn into over 40 people are asking to purchase there own signed copy - ( my signed copy says) again bca has the right to remain silent. Every person who asks for their own copy - and receives no answer (except were having trouble trying to figure out how to monetize this great achievement) will remain 'on the fence' in relation to actually believing the bca/j.s. claim. I am not interested in here say evidence, I am from the world of fact based journalism - being from the show me state - I do not believe everythin they hear - aka reality. After reading yer posts - I do not believe your genuine, nor do I think yer as gullible as to believe a record has been surpassed - based off of here say evidence - from any source. Yer too intelligent to believe everythin u hear, u do not practice 14.1 on a regular basis so yer opinion (or politics) has less value to me.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
John Schmidt ~ Mr. 434 ~ Congrats, I saw it. That's great shooting in anybody's book.
Even though a few times I thought maybe the CB went back against the chalk a little off after being cleaned, but what's an inch or so gonna matter?
Has nothing to do with the missing 626 unedited video - so insignificant and futile poster - u are.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Danny acts as if he believes that an unedited video doesn't even exist. Bob J and anyone who paid to see it in CA saw it, as reported. Obviously they fast forwarded parts when JS was taking a break or things like that. Bob has been around pool long enough, he knows all of the 14.1 rules and also plays the game, so yes, I think that if he vouches for the video and the run, I believe him and so should everyone else.
Just like everyone should agree that the Nation's leading health expert is a Dr. fauchi - ha ha u say 'everyone' another salesman who thinks they can speak for everyone - u got yer foot caught in the door of truth - cold fish. Unedited video = 'the truth' here say evidence = politics as usual - followed by company's that have acronym's for names. Again a person's word or 'trust' and 'verifiable evidence' are generally not placed in the same context - when seperating fact from fiction - most would agree - but not everyone.

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Just like everyone should agree that the Nation's leading health expert is a Dr. fauchi - ha ha u say 'everyone' another salesman who thinks they can speak for everyone - u got yer foot caught in the door of truth - cold fish. Unedited video = 'the truth' here say evidence = politics as usual - followed by company's that have acronym's for names. Again a person's word or 'trust' and 'verifiable evidence' are generally not placed in the same context - when seperating fact from fiction - most would agree - but not everyone.
The whole point of my post was to conclude that Bob J is qualified enough for "everyone" to accept what he saw on the video. You obviously won't accept an eyewitness account from anyone, because you are biased and you don't WANT to believe that the run was legit.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Preposterous post! There is no published Truth to set you free! YOU are biased in your belief. You wish to impose your bias on others. Forget it, ain’t gonna happen. There would be no js claim, if not for those biased cash volunteers who posted their offers to equal or surpass the 526 number, that has stood for over sixty-five years. They all have skin in the assault upon 526. Anything they might add verbally, is just null and void without the supporting unedited video.

You realize that a group of people paid to watch the video in person in CA, right? They didn't offer to pay JS for beating the record. Predator DID pay JS for beating the record. Do you really think they paid him without verifying that he beat the record?

The bottom line is, the odds are WAY in the favor of the run being legit than not based on what we know so far.

_______

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Js changed the initial story of what Predator was supplying him with, a couple of cues, a carbon fiber shaft, gloves and a few pieces of chalk on several occasions. Now, do even you think that Predator would have been dumber than BJ, Mark Griffin, Jay Helfert, Maxx and others making offers but only payable upon relinquishing control of acceptable video proof of a equal or higher run than 526! No, I didn’t think so. I don’t think truth serum would ever bring this answer to light.
Are you saying that you think that Predator paid JS without seeing the unedited video and that JS never supplied them with a copy to view? I'm really not sure what you're trying to say. Or are you implying that if Predator paid him (per the their contract), that you think that then Predator would then own the rights to the unedited video?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The whole point of my post was to conclude that Bob J is qualified enough for "everyone" to accept what he saw on the video. You obviously won't accept an eyewitness account from anyone, because you are biased and you don't WANT to believe that the run was legit.
everyone and then anyone ouchi fauchi - no sell - keep following the bca's leading expert lol. Saying that 'everyone' should accept Mr. Jewett's word - is nothing more than a generalization from yer end. Bob Jewett was not even present when they claim they caught the run on CAMERA, so under eye witness testimony account - he would not even pass as a credible witness - as he was not one of the 3 or four people in the pool room that day - that was closed - when the bca claims history was made - or created rather - in order to pretend like it was made. See ya in the funny papers loose grip.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Who knows! It is up to none of the doubters of the claim to provide any proof, whatsoever of the js626 claim.
Proof, remains the responsibility of JS/Team.
I'm pretty sure they give zero sheets if you ever accept it and probably aren't even aware of your squawking.

Sent from the future.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
everyone and then anyone ouchi fauchi - no sell - keep following the bca's leading expert lol. Saying that 'everyone' should accept Mr. Jewett's word - is nothing more than a generalization from yer end. Bob Jewett was not even present when they claim they caught the run on CAMERA, so under eye witness testimony his account won't do.
Surely you know how Court works?

The 'court' of public opinion is different and it is not prepared to provide the type of service an actual Cout does...so we can't apply standards equally.