Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes all of God's children get weary when they roam Radar - this world of fake news = this world is not my home. Check out the comment section at the bottom of predator cues 626 commercial. There we find a reoccurring theme, viewers asking "where can I get the tape to buy?" "Is there a tape available for sale? The answer is NO? The only proof they are providing is theater showing - (chopped footage hollywood fiction) no unedited tape for sale to open public = media lie.
You should watch:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Hi Danny. Would like to start out by saying that I love your game. You are a great player.

About your question. What reason would the people who seen, and verified the video to be authentic / legit have a reason to lie about the authenticity of the video / the 626 run? As others have probably mentioned, I do not believe that the 626 Run is going to do anything for the popularity of pool or the game of 14.1, so that is why I do not see any reason for anyone to lie about the authenticity of the run. It is an amazing feat that John Schmidt accomplished, but I do not see it helping him much financially, or helping the popularity of the sport, or 14.1 much, if at all.

I do wonder though, what is your high run in 14.1?

I do have a lot of respect for the game of 14.1.
The reason for the charlie williams/j.s. lie = chalie was trying to get j.s. pred cue sponsor as well, pred cues probly dangled a gold nugget, saying if he can run (on camera) a run greater than 526 - the cue sponsorship/hall of fame deal would happen. After the weird scratch j.s. had at 434 i think they just saw an opportunity for corruption, (thieves are opportunists) they say it's not what u know but who "". However - when it comes to providing unedited footage of a run greater than 526 - it ain't about who u know - ain't that a cool fact about digital proof? If he actually had run 626 on camera - and had a team help him market the accomplishment to sell in disc form to Open public - it would have been a tremendous boost for 14.1. So yer effort to 'downplay' the thought of capturing a run of 626 on camera - with unedited footage for sale to public - has failed. Oh I notice yer a new memberr = facebook troll?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The claim has been substantiated. It's official.
This is incorrect, couple people in billiard industry who schmooze around with political bureaucrats "SAYING they have seen the tape" does not = VERIFIABLE proof - never will. So cuedown - 'official facebook rat'. As u already know - a business that won't show u their numbers = a racket - hmm no mas dragon promo world 14.1 event - wonder why. I guess the wpa does not care for fake news catalysts either. :-0

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I saw on my FB feed where John is holding viewings, commenting and taking questions during.

Seems easy enough for the doubters to either confirm or dispel their suspicions , assuming their skepticism is real.

Looks like a case of sour grapes.
I would say the main question j.s. is receiving is - "how come there is no tape available for purchase?" I will reiterate 4 u - cuedwn face book rat.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
wheeee! No gravity! Look, look, look at me, slip-sliding-away! U really are ill, old lost keyboarder.

as r u logiCAL
Nobody here rattled your chain Skippy. You're his manservent, not his spokesman.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A little off topic introduction here: -have you all seen Willie Mosconi's video footage when he was on his 60's?

I think it is the easiest footage to find of him, most of this is 9-Ball or 7-Ball exhibition matches with goofy rules, that he played when he was 60 or 70-years old.

I know he was a God in his time playing 14.1, but does anyone notice the difference between his game at that later age, and the Efren Reyes' (65-years old) of today?

Reyes is easy to find online playing almost weekly with some of the best in the Philippines

Who looks better?
Which of them could you just say was a better player in their primes?

To me it's an easy answer.

But I understand Reyes is one of the most dedicated players.
I dont think he's quit the game at all since he was 5!

Maybe Willie Mosconi did stop playing for awhile, before those televised exhibitions, I don't know..but
that could be why he did not look like the super player he was

In an all around, with all games being played I don't think it's close between Reyes and Mosconi, and if this is so, there are quite a few other greats today that were probably better than Mosconi.

I know it's hard to compare eras, but I think we live in one today that has some serious great players , and from many different countries!

back to 14.1:

There are only a couple of rumored rans (both may have happened, that may have top JS's, but also likely that one of these, both..possibly, didn't really happen, or at least not for the ran the players claimed

I would bet high Mosconi has never ran over 626

JS looks like he definitely has the official record

I dont need a video!
the 20 witnesses suffice to me, and the player himself. As passionate as he is, I don't think he could sleep at night knowing he lied.

About the video proof, I dont know what sparked the theory that the only video available has been cut,
not sure I understood correctly

but as long as I can see 626 balls going in the pockets I think the video they have must be good (even if for some anomaly is edited)

JS did it, I would bet that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Better a self thinking manservant than John Schmidt’s a$$/bootlicker or maybe skippys a$$wipe.
u are an all around loser, no wonder ur tied to js poopscooper
More repeating back and post editing...you should just stay in bed xSkippyx.

Sent from the future.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
A little off topic introduction here: -have you all seen Willie Mosconi's video footage when he was on his 60's?

I think it is the easiest footage to find of him, most of this is 9-Ball or 7-Ball exhibition matches with goofy rules, that he played when he was 60 or 70-years old.

I know he was a God in his time playing 14.1, but does anyone notice the difference between his game at that later age, and the Efren Reyes' (65-years old) of today?

Reyes is easy to find online playing almost weekly with some of the best in the Philippines

Who looks better?

Maybe Willie Mosconi did stop playing for awhile, before those televised exhibitions, I don't know..but

In an all around, with all games being played I don't think it's close between Reyes and Mosconi, and if this is so, there are quite a few other greats today that were probably better than Mosconi.

I know it's hard to compare eras, but I think we live in one today that has some serious great players , and from many different countries!

back to 14.1:

There are only a couple of rumored rans (both may have happened, that may have top JS's, but also likely that one of these, both..possibly, didn't really happen, or at least not for the ran the players claimed

I dont need a video!
the 20 witnesses suffice to me, and the player himself. As passionate as he is, I don't think he could sleep at night knowing he lied.

About the video proof, I dont know what sparked the theory that the only video available has been cut,

but as long as I can see 626 balls going in the pockets I think the video they have must be good (even if for some anomaly is edited)

He also had at least one stroke prior. How much of your game can you lose because of that?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

Who looks better?

back to 14.1:

I dont need a video!

Im not sure what Efrin or Mosconi's play in his declining years has to do with this.

The idea that the video was cut (chopped, edited, faked) is just spin doctoring by a few that have a chip on their shoulder. Part of the run was played at 2x speed at some viewing parties to keep the time reasonable. Playing a 33 1/3 LP at 45 RPM may sound funny but it doesn’t change the vinyl.

Sent from the future.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not sure what Efrin or Mosconi's play in his declining years has to do with this.

The idea that the video was cut (chopped, edited, faked) is just spin doctoring by a few that have a chip on their shoulder. Part of the run was played at 2x speed at some viewing parties to keep the time reasonable. Playing a 33 1/3 LP at 45 RPM may sound funny but it doesn’t change the vinyl.

Sent from the future.

2x -- how about playing 33 1/3 at 66 RPMs rather than 45 RPMs?

Kinda tough to pick out a bad note at that speed.

Lou Figueroa

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
2x -- how about playing 33 1/3 at 66 RPMs rather than 45 RPMs?

Kinda tough to pick out a bad note at that speed.

Lou Figueroa
If it was played entirely at that speed.

Do you know if it was? I sure don't.

I would think it would be normal speed through the shot process and then played back faster when the player is upright and making decisions.

Much like some videos of some pro events on you-tube.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Diamond dave said 134 beats per minute is how he wanted van halens tempo to be

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Ever hear about Pause/Play?
Pause stops film on current frame, no movement.
Play advances the frames forward or reverse, usually your direction and your play speed choice.
If paused and you can you double-click Play/Pause fast enough, you can almost control frame advance to a minimum of frames.
Yeah and if I am presenting the event, I would prefer to have that automated to avoid tech issues.

9ballscorpion

Who looks better?

back to 14.1:

I dont need a video!

JS seems like a really honest, and down to earth type of person too, so I think he is telling the truth about the 626 run.

It is strange that after 2 years(?), there is still no hvideo available to the public though.

What is with the delay in offering the video for sale?

Cuedup

He could sell a few copies and someone will upload it to be viewed by all. No more sales of a tape that has limited sales potential to begin with.

Currently, you can view the run with John himself at one of the viewings he is offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.