Shootout at Bank Shots...Illinois last night

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ennis Cosby was a mugger bait victim. Some mobsters killed him while he was changing a flat tire in an expensive car. Mercedes I think.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately this is the world we live in today. More shootings EVERYWHERE! It seems like there is at least two or three fatal ones per day in Los Angeles (often with multiple victims), including in neighborhoods like Redondo Beach and Beverly Hills where stuff like that rarely, if ever, happened before. Police shootings (usually fatal ones) are also a daily occurence now. I see this as a residual effect from the Pandemic. Desperation and opportunity are a fertile mix for gangsters to seek out their victims. Nowadays they go where the money is, and if it's on someones wrist or around their neck they will go for that too. It can happen in broad daylight on a busy street or a crowded plaza, also relatively unheard of in prior years (pre 2020). It's the Wild West all over again, except worse!
I don't know that I am ready to tie current times to only the pandemic, but I can tell you police use of force is seeing a big increase on my end of the country.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll make it really simple and most of you will get it. If you appear to be or look like you are wealthy you become a target in today's society. Wearing expensive jewelry, designer clothes or driving a high end car is a signal to potential thieves that you have $$$. As for me I prefer to drive my low mileage (only 60K) 1997 Toyota Camry LHE Edition (I own several other vehicles) and leave my diamond ring and gold bracelet at home. My daily wear is shorts and a T-Shirt. I'm not worried about making an impression if we drive through a wealthy neighborhood. My ego does not require this. Only my banker knows how I'm doing financially and I like it that way. Keep the faith kids! :)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll make it really simple and most of you will get it. If you appear to be or look like you are wealthy you become a target in today's society. Wearing expensive jewelry, designer clothes or driving a high end car is a signal to potential thieves that you have $$$. As for me I prefer to drive my low mileage (only 60K) 1997 Toyota Camry LHE Edition (I own several other vehicles) and leave my diamond ring and gold bracelet at home. My daily wear is shorts and a T-Shirt. I'm not worried about making an impression if we drive through a wealthy neighborhood. My ego does not require this. Only my banker knows how I'm doing financially and I like it that way. Keep the faith kids! :)
Can I hold a hundred:)

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the curious,
looks like the Predator Air and a shaft took the hit.
Sorry about the poor pics, from Ike’s Facebook

Attachments

• B0FAF8CE-EAE4-47C2-8AD6-8D0CAD431BB3.jpeg
    B0FAF8CE-EAE4-47C2-8AD6-8D0CAD431BB3.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 9955AD86-BEE1-4931-87AA-D574B03ED90E.jpeg
    9955AD86-BEE1-4931-87AA-D574B03ED90E.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 148

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Where they're getting them is a red herring.
Where would they get them if all states had strong gun laws?
Disarming law abiding citizens is the problem.
More law-abiding citizens shoot themselves and their family members than stop crimes.
Advocating for more of a bad idea in order for it to work, is insane.
Yeah, like advocating for more and more guns in circulation.

pj <- cowboy logic
chgo

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how does it feel to give up the nuts every time you leave the house
I dunno, after almost 40 years of not being too scared to leave the house without a weapon, I haven't died yet as a result, nor has anyone else I have ever met. You do you though, at least within the bounds of local laws.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Unfortunately this is the world we live in today. More shootings EVERYWHERE! It seems like there is at least two or three fatal ones per day in Los Angeles (often with multiple victims), including in neighborhoods like Redondo Beach and Beverly Hills where stuff like that rarely, if ever, happened before. Police shootings (usually fatal ones) are also a daily occurence now. I see this as a residual effect from the Pandemic. Desperation and opportunity are a fertile mix for gangsters to seek out their victims. Nowadays they go where the money is, and if it's on someones wrist or around their neck they will go for that too. It can happen in broad daylight on a busy street or a crowded plaza, also relatively unheard of in prior years (pre 2020). It's the Wild West all over again, except worse!
It's more "defund the police" and "police brutality on black men" than it is COVID. Ask any LEO. Maybe you were trying to stay non-political? :cool:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, in the world of facts, violent crime has dropped substantially over the past three decades by nearly every measurement: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/20/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I dunno, after almost 40 years of not being too scared to leave the house without a weapon, I haven't died yet as a result, nor has anyone else I have ever met. You do you though, at least within the bounds of local laws.
I've lived in inner city Chicago neighborhoods for the past 50 years, worked in "high crime" neighborhoods for most of them, and have spent time in every Chicago neighborhood - and have never seen or even heard a gun, much less needed one. As far as I know, the same goes for everybody I've known in Chicago.

If more and more law abiding citizens have/carry guns, we'll be in more danger from our neighbors than from criminals.

pj
chgo

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I've lived in inner city Chicago neighborhoods for the past 50 years, worked in "high crime" neighborhoods for most of them, and have spent time in every Chicago neighborhood - and have never seen or even heard a gun, much less needed one. As far as I know, the same goes for everybody I've known in Chicago.

If more and more law abiding citizens have/carry guns, we'll be in more danger from our neighbors than from criminals.

pj
chgo
Wrong.
Maybe your dumbass city slicker neighbors, I'm not sure.
I grew up with a loaded gun in every corner, as did everyone around these parts.
Guess what, I don’t know anyone thats been shot.
Imagine that.
If everyone had a gun, people would think twice before trying some of the stupid shit they do.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ennis Cosby was a mugger bait victim. Some mobsters killed him while he was changing a flat tire in an expensive car. Mercedes I think.
I have seen several interviews that say he was driving a car that had the drive flat technology , there was no reason for him to stop and try to fix the tire. In one interview Dick Gregory {a black comedian} said he had 6000.00 cash and a Rolex on his dead body.

pj
chgo
I probably would have had that impression also , then I moved to Phoenix and it seemed like every other man had a pistol strapped to them. I was out there 5 years and only heard 2 people even raise their voices to each other. I'm sure there is a lot more that goes on , but here in Ohio every time you go in the pool room , you can count on someone showing their ass. Sometimes multiple people.